• The KillerFrogs

Texas hired CDC

funkytownfrog

Congrats CDC. Thanks for everything you have done for TCU. You represented our University impeccably.

Anyone who wouldn't leave your job for a $250,000 raise, please hold up your hand.

Even though we don't like them, Texas is arguably the number one Athletic Department in the country.

Also, calling them TU is very Aggy.

NYC Horned Frog

I appreciate everything CDC did for us but he also just took another job, in our conference, to a key rival.

It's a mutually exclusive situation. He's a longhorn now. So, later dude. Looking forward to our continued beatdown of the underachievers down south, he's in that camp now.

Dogfrog

CDC is a consummate salesman. This is his core competency. Convincing people to do things they would not have otherwise done. Texas admits with this hire that they need a salesman, that they can no longer get what they want just by asking.

It also makes me wonder if CDC has concerns about small private school fund raising due to the proposed changes regarding deductibility of athletic donations.

As long as he doesn’t attempt to come after our people or decide to trash talk us I will always wish him well.

givings

Tip 20 in football, basketball and baseball. No major coaching hires on the horizon. No major facility needs in the major sports. He’s left us at a great place to find a new AD.

We need another salesman/politician like CDC to work the room at Big 12 AD meetings and with the athletics world, media works and donors. The next hire is about sustaining, fundraising and getting TCU through the mid-2020s realignment/media rights deals with a home in a Power league.

YA

It also makes me wonder if CDC has concerns about small private school fund raising due to the proposed changes regarding deductibility of athletic donations.
This is a huge concern for any school not just TCU. But this bill will kill fundraising like no other.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
CDC did a ton for this university and I thank him for that. Now that he’s at Texas forget him, move on and beat him. If he doesn’t want to be at TCU any longer then we don’t want him here. He left our school in great shape for the future and I’m fully confident that a school with 3 top 25 teams(and that’s just in the big men’s sports) can attract a great new AD.