• The KillerFrogs

Texas has hired TCU associate AD Drew Martin

MTfrog5

If anybody thought Scott Patrick (Feisty?) didn't suck, I present to you...
dPi6d3w

xTQKQVK

Wow what a tool. Glad Scott Patrick got banned or at least I think he got banned.

TCUdirtbag

Is going from the Associate AD for Marketing and Licensing to the Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs really a promotion?

TCU Athletics is structured as:
AD, 6 Senior Assocuate ADs, and 4 Assocuate ADs
Texas Athletics is restructuring but will supposedly have the AD and 6-Member cabinet that includes a Chief of Staff, 3-4 Executive Senior Associate ADs (including Drew), and maybe Mike Perrin as special assistant. There are Assocuate ADs outside that “cabinet level” group.
So yes, to the extent the title wasn’t an obvious indicator of a significant step up, the structure makes clear it is.

Realtorfrog

Is going from the Associate AD for Marketing and Licensing to the Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs really a promotion?

No it’s pretty much the same job different title...... but you have to remember AD and AAD’s are very ego driven and it’s all about the resume to them. Cheer for the brand until another brand comes calling. The guy at tx will retire their for Drew it’s a stepping stone until another school asks him to cheer for them.

Last edited:

berryfrog95

Drew is going to be tasked with Bevo Boulevard; CDC wants to provide “Frog Alley” like Gameday experience.

CDC is trying to thin out the Athletic dept tho, over 90 people on staff make > $100k/yr....just let 44 people go yesterday

Last edited:

netty2424

No it’s pretty much the same job different title...... but you have to remember AD and AAD’s are very ego driven and it’s all about the resume to them. Cheer for the brand until another brand comes calling. The guy at tx will retire their for Drew it’s a stepping stone until another school asks him to cheer for them.
Purple to orange seems like a step back to me regardless of the title!

tcujsauce

Was that the same dollar bill they ran outta NU to aggieville or a different one? Hard to keep up with the corn people.

He was the AD at Miami prior to going to Nebraska, I think that was in 2012. Got fired about 3 months after Nebraska canned Mike Riley, then Bill Moos took over and promptly hired Scott Frost.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Useless piece of excrement. If I knew what he looked like I'd go kiss him on the lips at the next TCU sports event. See if he's as tough when his thumbs are pushing letters.
What I don’t get is that if, when he was posting on here, somebody had said something like that, he would have flown off the handle and no doubt called them a fascist.

Dude is crazy.