• The KillerFrogs

Teach me how to Duggan

Ron Swanson

I guess I didn't know what he said about the team or Duggan. I thought he was underutilized and I think most people who watched him as a Junior where he carried the team would agree. The coaches were pitiful on the offensive side of the ball, don't know anyone who would disagree. Don't know what he said about them but if it was negative it was true.
He carried the team as a sophomore. He didn’t carry the team as a junior.

westoverhillbilly

I think one of the key failures last year was riding all the way thru camp with Delton getting all the snaps with the first team and the starting job.. I know they don't let qbs get hit so it's hard to evaluate their running/scrambling ability, but Duggan is a much better runner and an infinitely better passer than Delton and they perhaps should have seen this and gone early with Duggan.. Had they done so, he would have been much more prepared and he and the receivers and the OL would have had much better chemistry and communication.. I truly believe we would have won three or so of those close games and gone to a mid level bowl..

From here-on, I don't think Gary and staff will be so reticent to start a true freshman if he's the guy.. Wouldn't surprise me if Snyder & Kleiman high-fived when Delton left for TCU.. This is the only time I ever remember Gary getting the short end- I love Gary and know he'll make more mistakes but not one like this again..

Eight

Take aways are the OL stunk, he will be good, and does Reagor catch those balls Barber caught against Texas/Tech? Glad this was made since all we’ve heard from Reagor camp is how bad Max was.

wasn't the reagor camp as much as some pro scouts and a website that has no dog in the fight and ranked niang very high in terms of pass protection over his career so the site isn't anti-tcu

if you go back and watch all the games last year i would bet in every game last year there was at least one throw by max where he missed a wide open receiver for a possible big game or touchdown or he threw the ball out of bounds, side/back of the endzone.

max did some great things last year, but as many mistakes as jalen made last year max missed just as many throws if not more.

he was a true freshman who very much looked like a true freshman at times and others looked like a damn good quarterback

Froggish

Here’s the question...Over the last 2 seasons, which group performed worse contributing the most to our mediocrity.

A - QBs
B - OL
C - WRs

You can only pick one...

GenXFrog

Here’s the question...Over the last 2 seasons, which group performed worse contributing the most to our mediocrity.

A - QBs
B - OL
C - WRs

You can only pick one...

Dude... I feel the same way about our football team as our basketball team over the last couple of seasons.

In my opinion, it wasn't about any individual, or group, being consistently bad, it was about the overall chemistry of the team.

While both teams had personnel challenges. neither team consistently performed as well as, or better than, the 'sum of their parts', and it showed.

It wasn't the QB, OL, or the WR as a unit. Like basketball, so many times, they just didn't play well together.

Chemistry, camaraderie, teamwork... whatever.... In both sports, so many games, we didn't have it.

I really hope next year sees our teams performing well, as a unit.

/end drunk rambling

notyalc

Max was shoved into a position a true freshman isn't ready for and yet he clearly has an idea of how it should work. There times when it was pretty ugly but when finally puts it together he's got the tools to be great. We just need a supporting cast and he'll be a super star.

Froggish

Toss up for me...as I thought they all were bad. If I had to pick one it would come down to QB and OL. I didn’t feel like any of our QBs could read a defense or put a proper ball on a WR ( Im not saying they would have caught it). I also didn’t trust the OL to keep a QB upright. I guess I’d go OL as I think if we could have protected any of the 50 QBs we’ve run out in 2 years, we could have been above average even with the QB youth.

S.Rob
MCollins
GMuehl
Delton
Duggan

5 QBs have gotten multiple starts for the Frogs in the last 2 seasons...Unreal

Although, subpar performances at both the OL and WR positions were instrumental in

generating the adverse results of 2019. The underachievement of a senior dominated

OL proved to be the most damaging of all. IMHO

MTfrog5

A - QBs
B - OL
C - WRs

You can only pick one...
I can’t pick QB just because of injuries/inexperience. OL was ok in 2018 so I’ll have to go WR if we have to base it on 2 years.