• The KillerFrogs

TCU Women's Softball Team

cdsfrog

Oh, is that right cds? Who the F made you AD?
[Cowherd]. Talk about woman hater. Go after this guy, riggs.

quit your hissy fit, I'm stating my opinion on what the univerisity's priorities are as CDC has stated previously, not my own. I am a proponent of softball you jack [Craig James]

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
A drain they can afford making twice as much as they did this year in 2015.

Let's not pretend that the 19 million more in TV revenue can't afford the 400k loss. As for the drawing board, you're right it's probably 3rd at best.

And let's not pretend that the Athetic Department has actually been consistently breaking even all these years, or the that with the better neighborhood the price of living there doesn't goes up.

2314@work

Contributor
quit your hissy fit, I'm stating my opinion on what the univerisity's priorities are as CDC has stated previously, not my own. I am a proponent of softball you jack [Craig James]
Glad to hear. This a touchy subject for 2314 (and a lot of Frog fans).

cdsfrog

Glad to hear. This a touchy subject for 2314 (and a lot of Frog fans).

Oh i get it. seems like more are against it using cost as a reason. Unbelievable stupid, we don't need all 19 million football/basketball (yikes), and baseball. 500k can go to softball

cdsfrog

And let's not pretend that the Athetic Department has actually been consistently breaking even all these years, or the that with the better neighborhood the price of living there doesn't goes up.

It does but not by 19 million, sorry the argument is pathetic. DFW is a prefect recruiting ground for softball, and it's prominent in the big 12. If equestrian and other crap like that is going to be at TCU, softball should have a place too. If you have to get all of the renovations done first fine, but they'll be done 2015-2016. No excuse after that.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
It does but not by 19 million, sorry the argument is pathetic.

Except you're addressing the wrong argument. Bet the funding hole TCU covers up annually is more considerable than the increased cost of competing in the Big 12. And TCU has to deal with both. And TCU won't be getting a full share for several years, so any re-addressing of added sports is sure to wait until TCU is fully vested. So either way this conversation is premature. so...not so pathetic.

cdsfrog

Except you're addressing the wrong argument. Bet the funding hole TCU covers up annually is more considerable than the increased cost of competing in the Big 12. And TCU has to deal with both. And TCU won't be getting a full share for several years, so any re-addressing of added sports is sure to wait until TCU is fully vested. So either way this conversation is premature. so...not so pathetic.

Disagree, travel costs alone offset a ton. Full share is here by 2015 when I said we should add it. If they want to wait till 2018 to get baseball/basketball stadium upgrades in I get that as they have already promised that. Funding hole was not above 19 million no.

Deep Purple

The chance to have a w. softball team came & went years ago. Back when Hyman was AD & Nolan Ryan was an assistant baseball coach, Nolan approached Hyman about this. Nolan offered to fund the whole program, but Hyman said "no".

Garbled story. In 1994-95, Nolan Ryan wanted TCU to start a volleyball (not softball) program because his TCU-bound daughter Wendy played volleyball at Alvin HS. Hyman was not AD at the time and Nolan Ryan did not offer to pay for the volleyball program in any way, shape, or form.

TCU eventually started its volleyball program in 1996 when Wendy Ryan was a freshman or sophomore. She never played for TCU.

Froglaw

We could blow off the olympic center and put in a softball field. They don't seem to be to anxious to do this anyway.I think they are going to build 25 dorms, expand the library and nursing school before thay get around to it.

A softball field would be way cheaper, would bring in more spectators, plus give the "fat chicks" something to do.

Fat Chicks?

as37.jpg

smredd

no need for softball just yet. The money can be used for other items on the list. Phase 1 of baseball renovations are underway, then the DMC will be next.