• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Wisconsin: Rose Bowl

Mike Brooks

The casual money will be on Whisky because of all those points they scored on "Murderers Row". Unsophisticated gamblers (most) love points and BCS conferences. I suspect Whisky to open -2 or 3 and stretch out a little by game time. Then I expect us to win in similar fashion to our Sun Bowl beatdown of SC.

DrHFrog

Since the object of the line is to get approximately even bets on either side, I'd estimate the opening line at Wisc. -5.5. The perception of the superiority of the
Big 10 over the non AQ teams would necessitatie that line to equalize the betting. Wisc. has a powerful running game, but they haven't met this quick, tough defense.
Those nuns at Little Sisters University can flat out hit!!

BABYFACE

I think the scariest teams out there are Wisconsin and Stanford. They are both better than Oregon and Auburn.

You might be right. I think Wisconsin is the best overall opponent TCU could face. No weaknesses. Oregon while the most explosive offense, is very average on defense. Auburn is staunch on defense and has the most athletic QB in the country, but as Cam goes so does Auburn offensively. Back to Wisconsin, I think they might be better than Oregon or Auburn.

oldscribe

IMO Wisconsin should be favored.....3 points about right.....Oh, I notice there is already some TCU chat on the Wisconsin fan forum.....one guy says ``TCU is garbage".....another says Frogs are well-coached, but are ``slow and small"......I would say, reading our board and theirs, that there is a lot of wakening to reality yet to come.....their fans seem to know nothing about TCU except that it comes from a weak league and doesn't belong in a big bowl (thank you, ESPN) and our folks haven't realized that Wisconsin really is a powerful team.

robbroyy

We haven't seen a back like theirs. Clay is 270 pounds. Think Brandon Jacobs for the Giants.

They wear you down because he's very hard to tackle.

P

PurpleDaze

Not so fast ... tOSU might yet overtake Wisconsin in the BCS standings. With LSU's loss yesterday, tOSU closes the gap in both of the human polls.

dweller

Using Sagrin predictor, TCU by 8 over Wisc. He says to give the home team a 3 point add, but the RB is a neutral field. If you considered RB home field for Wisc. based on crowd size, Wisc is larger school probably more fans in the stands, then it would Wisc +5.

dweller

you think wisky will score less than new mexico :wacko:

wisky by about 3 is about right, they have great fans and love to travel anywhere where it is warm, should be a great matchup

and whoever said mich st is a weak team is an idiot!

Well, you are well qualified to recongize one. :tongue:

SoonerBredCD

You might be right. I think Wisconsin is the best overall opponent TCU could face. No weaknesses. Oregon while the most explosive offense, is very average on defense. Auburn is staunch on defense and has the most athletic QB in the country, but as Cam goes so does Auburn offensively. Back to Wisconsin, I think they might be better than Oregon or Auburn.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

SoonerBredCD

IMO Wisconsin should be favored.....3 points about right.....Oh, I notice there is already some TCU chat on the Wisconsin fan forum.....one guy says ``TCU is garbage".....another says Frogs are well-coached, but are ``slow and small"......I would say, reading our board and theirs, that there is a lot of wakening to reality yet to come.....their fans seem to know nothing about TCU except that it comes from a weak league and doesn't belong in a big bowl (thank you, ESPN) and our folks haven't realized that Wisconsin really is a powerful team.

And I definitely agree with this, especially bolded.

FROGDADDY

And I definitely agree with this, especially bolded.

I more or less agree as well. That being said I'm not gonna get too high on Wisconsin just because they dropped 150 points on two bad teams (Indiana and NW). The best game they played all year IMO was their win over OSU, they just physically overpowered the OSU defense and that isn't easy to do. Looking at their scores it really seems like they are peaking at the right time, their early season scores aren't impressive at all.

Trelvis

Michigan State is weak. Have you been watching their games? They needed a b.s. fake FG to beat a sorry ND team. Squeaked out an 8 point win against Northwestern and had to rally from behind to beat sorry [Deleted] Purdue. Hype them all you want, but their team is not that great. Good, but not BCS game worthy. They are lucky they didnt have to play Ohio State or they would be out of this picture completely. They will most likely be left out anyways.

Limp Lizard

Hopefully Wisconsin will come out and sleepwalk like we did against UNM. But we are not UNM!

I will be in Vegas the second week of Dec., and will put down something on TCU. Any good suggestions for some parlays?