• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Texas Tech Game Thread

Chongo94

I think, and this may be somewhat of a hot take but I don’t mean it to be but I think, much like Tech fans do with their football team, TCU fans with the basketball team overestimated the supposed abilities/talent of the basketball team. Some players are good, but certainly not great, and now with no depth to fall back on are seriously exposed.

I think Dixon can bring the goods eventually though.

MTfrog5

I think, and this may be somewhat of a hot take but I don’t mean it to be but I think, much like Tech fans do with their football team, TCU fans with the basketball team overestimated the supposed abilities/talent of the basketball team. Some players are good, but certainly not great, and now with no depth to fall back on are seriously exposed.
The no depth really exposes how bad of a shooting team we are without Fisher. Noi is either making everything or nothing and Bane just isn’t aggressive enough. I’d love Bane to be as aggressive as Miller is. Miller and Robinson are terrible shooters that other teams are letting shoot at will.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
It is absolutely scheissing unacceptable how the Tech crowd has taken this stadium over. It may look about 50-50 or even 60-40 us, but they are turning this into a home game for them.

SHAME ON YOU, TCU season ticket holder. Shame. You sold the young men on our basketball team out by selling your ticket aftermarket to what you KNEW was mathematically FAR more likely to be a Tech fan. You certainly have the right to sell your ticket. Nobody disputes that. That said, at a certain point you are not only padding your wallet, you are hurting your athletic programs. Yes, we are playing poorly. I think the psychology of things like hearing "Raider Power" at a Lubbock decibel level has affected performance today.

SHAME ON YOU [ Arschloch].

Big Frog II

In fairness I complained when it was 2-0. Hard for the players to get excited though when they look up and half the crowd is opposing fans, students aren’t loud, and season ticket holders are doing the opposite of their push of standing the entire game. Basketball more than any sport imo feeds off the crowd’s energy
It didn’t matter if there wasn’t a Texas Tech fan within a 100 miles of this place. We were going to get scortched. We do not have the players to compete with them this year.

TRF51

I know some might not like this but I think they got the better coaching staff. They started the same year and the results are what they are, lopsided, just like this game. I do think coach is a good coach but it appears they practice on offense and defense. We seem to struggle with adjustments and the flow of our offense. I know they have better players but who fault is that? Coach needs to figure it out because he is paid plenty and we have good facilities and are in a great conference. The novelty of him coming home will wear off if we don’t see significantly better results in the next couple of years.

flyfishingfrog

I know some might not like this but I think they got the better coaching staff. They started the same year and the results are what they are, lopsided, just like this game. I do think coach is a good coach but it appears they practice on offense and defense. We seem to struggle with adjustments and the flow of our offense. I know they have better players but who fault is that? Coach needs to figure it out because he is paid plenty and we have good facilities and are in a great conference. The novelty of him coming home will wear off if we don’t see significantly better results in the next couple of years.
Kind of a big difference in what both coaches started with

But Dixon has definitely missed in recruits more than Beard so far

TRF51

It is absolutely scheissing unacceptable how the Tech crowd has taken this stadium over. It may look about 50-50 or even 60-40 us, but they are turning this into a home game for them.

SHAME ON YOU, TCU season ticket holder. Shame. You sold the young men on our basketball team out by selling your ticket aftermarket to what you KNEW was mathematically FAR more likely to be a Tech fan. You certainly have the right to sell your ticket. Nobody disputes that. That said, at a certain point you are not only padding your wallet, you are hurting your athletic programs. Yes, we are playing poorly. I think the psychology of things like hearing "Raider Power" at a Lubbock decibel level has affected performance today.

SHAME ON YOU [ Arschloch].

Maybe there are more Tech fans in FW then TCU fans? If the Tech fans are willing to pay more for the tickets is that the ticket holders problem? Maybe a lot of those tickets are company owned?

PurpleBlood87

I think Dixon can bring the goods eventually though.

This would have been a hot take at the start of conference play. But not with two conference games left.

netty2424

Couple of three year coaches going head to head! At half, I think Dixon has them right where he wants them!
tenor.gif