• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2022-23

Longfrog

The other match, which determines who we play next, is getting very interesting. SCar was up 3-1 but down on 2 courts. UGA hung on to those to make it 3-3. UGA is up a set but down a break on court 3.

UltimateFrog

Great win today. Took care of business. Never really gave them a reason to think they could win.

Yep, even with some Baylor maneuvering match-ups it didn't matter. We would have won 7-0.

Only weak spot I see is Fearnley at #1, he's not probably going to have a lot of success against top 10 or 15 guys. We have four guys who would all be top end #2s. Not a bad problem as it means we are loaded at #2-#4 and then our #5-6 are really solid also.

JPJ obviously has true top end #1 game, just needs to grow into it. His backhand is glorious and already has a developed all around game.

UltimateFrog

In other TCU tennis, Norrie is currently playing his QF match against Etcheverry (#75 in world). He's slogging through it, about the same as his last match. He's down a break in the 1st set. His game his garbage (relatively) on this crazy slow surface and he's not playing well.

Longfrog

Only weak spot I see is Fearnley at #1, he's not probably going to have a lot of success against top 10 or 15 guys. We have four guys who would all be top end #2s. Not a bad problem as it means we are loaded at #2-#4 and then our #5-6 are really solid also.

JPJ obviously has true top end #1 game, just needs to grow into it. His backhand is glorious and already has a developed all around game.
I agree with you about Fearnley. He'll win his share but I wouldn't feel great about him vs someone like Dostanic or Kingsley or Spizzirri. But that wasn't too unlike those epic UVA teams from a few years ago. It seemed like they were always vulnerable at #1 singles but would overwhelm you in the middle part of the lineup.