• The KillerFrogs

TCU mens basketball

freebird

We have been patient with CJC, but the team has shown no improvement. There is still time to turn it around this year and I hope they do, but it would shock me if we did. But if we do make a change, then we have to pour some money into the basketball program. We have alums and businessmen who will give $105 million to the football program, but would they contribute to the renovation of DMC?

How much money would we owe CJC if we fire him at the end of the year? Add in the new salary of the new coach and it could get expensive. And, this is the most important thing, our next coach has to get local players to come to TCU. The last two coaches have struggled to do that, especially big men. It is the reason why we keep struggling - we have no dominant big man in the paint.

Good luck with this CDC.

For years I've been detailing on this board time and time again that we have never developed the outside threat. You do that and you open up the paint like a snow plow.
Figure out who we are and play our game. Butler- Davidson style.
We're not a major and the bigs are few and far between and hard to get. We needed another angle. Speed and athleticism obviously failed us earlier.
No one seems to be able to figured that out.
wacko.gif

Were still playing bush league street ball here.
Sure ND is having himself a good laugh ... at our expense.

Young and Horned

Bwahahahahaha! No frickin way!

I remember CND getting deep into the NIT. He just didn't understand that we are not Kansas and we can't afford to pull out starters for low quality bench players. We could afford it for the NIT year because we had some good bench players, but after that, not so much.

freebird

I remember CND getting deep into the NIT. He just didn't understand that we are not Kansas and we can't afford to pull out starters for low quality bench players. We could afford it for the NIT year because we had some good bench players, but after that, not so much.

We were playing too much dad and son BB. Church league.
Ever in your life seen two coaches playing both their sons on the same team?
Decent players both but not D1.
That became a serious joke on the TCU admin. Who let that happen?
blink.gif

Not much real commitment to the game there.

$mooth

Bringing CND into this converstation and even suggesting that he is better than CJC makes you incompetent on this subject!! CJC is 10x the coach CND ever was, and you are seeing how bad CND was!!

Obviously you need better reading comprehension skills. Tom Brown brought ND into this conversation. And I didn't suggest he's better. I think CJC is a better coach, and was a big fan of his hire, but he's not delivering results. And the bottom line is WINS matter, if you can't see that, maybe you should participate in sports discussions anymore.

Defend him all you want, but 9-8 (36-44 since he got here) isn't cutting it. And I'm not convinced much progress is being made. Time for a change before we get to a point that we can't beat any one in conference.

The 400 Frogs

So, I wiki'd Neil Dougherty to find out what he's doing now. It stated that he was most recently the coach for TCU.

If that's the case, what does he do now, sell real estate? Can someone really be out of coaching since 2008 and not land somewhere else? That's crazy...

Tom Brown

Seriously I just want the basketball team to win. I have no qualms with a coaching change.

My point was that leadership is judged by how the program does after you leave, and there is a reason they have struggled. The carryover from "that guy". Losses to SDSU and UNLvshouldn't cause alarm yet, other than the meltdown of CND's man. The losses at Tulsa and Rice were better measures. And we lost both. We should beaten at least one of those to show improvement this year. We should've beat Neb too and when we didn't, the team called out the cancer, who reared his head again last night.

The announcers last night said we were the 6th best in the Improved MWC, under CND were 8 or 9. Santee just broke out in the NIT and carried the team. Cuz CND finally let him play.

We are better now than when we had ND, but not enough to compete in the Big East. I want to go MSG and have a chance!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
And this coach has had a decent year?

I wasn't estatic about the CJC hire but when I heard him speak I thought at least he is coming in with some fire. He then proceeds to bring in a bunch of ex-patriates and JUCOs and the team never gets a foundation to build up on. Been extremely disappointing and the fact that there are no signees yet and not a lot of great prospects for this year remaining it has to make you shake your head.

Year 3 looks like a bust in many ways, no recruiting, poor season and not a lot to look at and think they will be much better next year.

boonecountyman

A coaching change ,if made,needs to be accomplished by end of season.This will give a new coach time to get a few recruits signed and another recruiting class before BE play begins.The BE is a rugged league and wins will not come easy.It will take a few years to get competitive.

LVfrog

My problem with CJC is that he isn't a very good in game coach. Sometimes you have to take yours and beat theirs even if they are more talented. Butler, last season, was an example of this. They had good talent but were superbly coached and that's why they almost won the championship. We have enough athleticism to be better than we are but, for some reason, we aren't and he must bare that responsibility.

purpleshades

Bringing CND into this converstation and even suggesting that he is better than CJC makes you incompetent on this subject!! CJC is 10x the coach CND ever was, and you are seeing how bad CND was!!
You obviously haven't seen 60% of our games this year. Facts are facts. Under ND we had a solid team that made a good run in the NIT. So far in JC's 3rd year there doesn't look like we have any type of shot at post season....

purpleshades

My problem with CJC is that he isn't a very good in game coach. Sometimes you have to take yours and beat theirs even if they are more talented. Butler, last season, was an example of this. They had good talent but were superbly coached and that's why they almost won the championship. We have enough athleticism to be better than we are but, for some reason, we aren't and he must bare that responsibility.
+1

Moe Iba

So, I wiki'd Neil Dougherty to find out what he's doing now. It stated that he was most recently the coach for TCU.

If that's the case, what does he do now, sell real estate? Can someone really be out of coaching since 2008 and not land somewhere else? That's crazy...
CND was such a terrible coach, he isn't even a coach anymore. He currently is on the staff of ihoops, the official youth basketball initiative of the NCAA and NBA....whatever the hell that is.

NativeFrog

Whoa! Why all of this negativism about the TCU Men's basketball program and Coach Christian? I mean, we scored 49 points last night. Looks like things are really starting to turn around. I called for Coach Christian's dismissal last year. He has accomplished nothing. Of course, to really get things turned around, TCU needs to make a commitment ot basketball, as it has done in football, baseball, etc.