• The KillerFrogs

TCU mens basketball

purpleshades

Is anyone watching the UNLV game on the mtn? For that matter has anyone on this board bothered watching any mens basketball games this season?

Who thinks Christian is doing a good job and who thinks we have improved? Who thinks this guy still deserves his job?

Please only reply to this post if you've watched at least 60% of the games this season.

FROGDADDY

Is anyone watching the UNLV game on the mtn? For that matter has anyone on this board bothered watching any mens basketball games this season?

Who thinks Christian is doing a good job and who thinks we have improved? Who thinks this guy still deserves his job?

Please only reply to this post if you've watched at least 60% of the games this season.

So I guess that means you don't want to hear from me and my zero percent.

boonecountyman

Be prepared for PAIN in 2012. :tongue:

purpleshades

Our team just doesn't look prepaired and for that matter they never look prepaired. Only way we win a ball game is if our athletes and a heck of allot better than the team that we are facing.

If we play someone with slightly less talent, similar or better talent they usually out play us.... Our execution, attention to details and fundamentals are terrible. That is a direct reflection of our coaching.

This guy has to go so we can give our new coach a year under his belt at TCU before we head into the big east.

$mooth

Remember he still has "that guy's" players. Announcers just called "his stud" out.

3 years of his players. That's excuse is out the window now. I thought he was showing improvement, but if he doesn't at least get to a winning season this year, he's gotta go. I'd rather start the BE with our new coach having at least 1 year under his belt.
Even ND made a decent NIT run in his 3rd year.

jake102

Christian needs to go. We don't need a coach that "knows" their X and O's. For basketball just get a coach that can recruit... you only need 2-3 good players to be above average.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
number 5 should not be playing division 1 basketball...how many times can you turnover the ball and then not play defense

jake102

number 5 should not be playing division 1 basketball...how many times can you turnover the ball and then not play defense

Let's play a game... name the players that should be playing Division 1 basketball. I'll go with 5, 10, 23 and 33.

[font="Arial][size="2"]31 Marin Bavcevic[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 23 J.R. Cadot[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 12 Nikola Cerina[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 13 Andre Clark[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 4 Amric Fields[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 15 Nikola Gacesa[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 33 Garlon Green[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 25 Greg Hill[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 32 Zach Huie6[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 34 Cheick Kone[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 24 Thomas Montigel[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 5 Ronnie Moss[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 2 Zack Price[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 1 Jarvis Ray[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 10 Hank Thorns[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 3 Sammy Yeager[/size][/font]

leofrog

Let's play a game... name the players that should be playing Division 1 basketball. I'll go with 5, 10, 23 and 33.

[font="Arial][size="2"]31 Marin Bavcevic[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 23 J.R. Cadot[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 12 Nikola Cerina[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 13 Andre Clark[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 4 Amric Fields[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 15 Nikola Gacesa[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 33 Garlon Green[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 25 Greg Hill[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 32 Zach Huie6[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 34 Cheick Kone[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 24 Thomas Montigel[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 5 Ronnie Moss[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 2 Zack Price[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 1 Jarvis Ray[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 10 Hank Thorns[/size][/font]
[font="Arial][size="2"] 3 Sammy Yeager[/size][/font]
I'll go with 3, 4 (defintely!!), 10, 23, and 33. #5 if I had an extra spot at the end of the bench!!

leofrog

3 years of his players. That's excuse is out the window now. I thought he was showing improvement, but if he doesn't at least get to a winning season this year, he's gotta go. I'd rather start the BE with our new coach having at least 1 year under his belt.
Even ND made a decent NIT run in his 3rd year.
Bringing CND into this converstation and even suggesting that he is better than CJC makes you incompetent on this subject!! CJC is 10x the coach CND ever was, and you are seeing how bad CND was!!

Salfrog

Tier 1

He did the same thing the other night. Made turnover after turnover, and made many bad shots. Yet, stayed in the game. Any other player makes a mistake, and they come right out. He just hasn't developed like I hoped he would. I feel like he has taken about three steps back.

Oh, and yes, I think its time to move forward with a new coach.

LVfrog

CJC isn't going to outcoach anyone in the league. He has trouble with athletic and disciplined teams.

I can't help but think he won't be around in 2012.

tetonfrog

CJC isn't going to outcoach anyone in the league. He has trouble with athletic and disciplined teams.

I can't help but think he won't be around in 2012.

We have been patient with CJC, but the team has shown no improvement. There is still time to turn it around this year and I hope they do, but it would shock me if we did. But if we do make a change, then we have to pour some money into the basketball program. We have alums and businessmen who will give $105 million to the football program, but would they contribute to the renovation of DMC?

How much money would we owe CJC if we fire him at the end of the year? Add in the new salary of the new coach and it could get expensive. And, this is the most important thing, our next coach has to get local players to come to TCU. The last two coaches have struggled to do that, especially big men. It is the reason why we keep struggling - we have no dominant big man in the paint.

Good luck with this CDC.

bbell

Wow I had no idea it was this negative with Christian. Sure hope we can get going in the right direction before we enter the college NBA league of the Big East :unsure:

Young and Horned

Also, this team played a good squad that was Top 25. Even if he has improved this team, we would still be nowhere near beating a good Top 25 team.

And lets face it, our program is not really dedicated to basketball. We have a video board (whoopty doo) and practice gym. The locker rooms and DMC are complete jokes. Until the program commits (and they MUST in order to be good in the BE) then this program will continue to lack.

I mean UTA is about to have a WAY better place in a couple of years for basketball.