• The KillerFrogs

TCU Magazine: Pete Bonds Is Ranching’s Maverick

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Requested posting of story ...

TCU_BondsRanch_05-1600x800.jpg

Pete Bonds Is Ranching’s Maverick
Alumnus rides the ups and downs of ranching.

by Lisa Martin
Photography by Mark Graham

When John “Pete” Bonds ’75 (’73 RM) was 2, his father died, leaving behind a 5,000-acre ranch in North Texas.

At 16, Bonds bought his first pen of cattle.

At 18, he started at TCU while continuing to oversee operations at Bonds Ranch.

Armed five years later with a bachelor’s degree in business along with a certificate in ranch management, Bonds began an unrelenting pursuit of business success that would span more than four decades. Along the way, he gained a reputation as one of the nation’s savviest cattlemen.

Read more at https://magazine.tcu.edu/fall-2017/pete-bonds-ranching-maverick/

Mean Purple

Read this again on the plane and it struck me. Mr Bonds, graduate of the esteemed RM program. Mrs Bonds, graduate of the nation's first balet/dance degree program. Daughter, graduate of esteemed RM program and first female to hold leadership governent officer positions with the cattle associations.

All TCU. GO FROGS!

Mean Purple

Interesting update, sorta.
The new President of the Texas Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association began his year this past weekend when he was installed. Robert McKnight. TCU Alum.

I really don't think people understand the impact TCU folks have on the ag industry. Or the energy industry for that matter.

Eight

Interesting update, sorta.
The new President of the Texas Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association began his year this past weekend when he was installed. Robert McKnight. TCU Alum.

I really don't think people understand the impact TCU folks have on the ag industry. Or the energy industry for that matter.

with either help up next time conference reallign or in football recruiting