• The KillerFrogs

TCU Fraternities

ThisIsOurTime

steelfrog said:
Frats and sororities have a Title IX exemption and ​"charity" tax exemption supposedly because they raise $$ for charity.  They collectively own over $3bn in real estate and have over $150mm in revenue per year, and yet donate measly $7mm to charity per year.  There are other organizationjs that hide behind the "charity" moniker, including the bike gang Hell's Angels.

And, in the meantime, deaths, rapes, and other bad behavior associated with fraternities are legion.

Time to start treating frats like every other for profit organization on campus.

Discuss...
1.  Steel doesn't like organizations raising money for charity.
2.  Steel doesn't understand the meaning of the word legion.
3.  Steel believes that deaths, rapes and other bad behavior would be eliminated if the greek system did not exist.
4.  Steel does not understand the difference between for profit and non profit organizations.
5.  Steel does not like to party.
6.  Steel is still bitter because Foxcatcher was shut down.

LVH

ThisIsOurTime said:
1.  Steel doesn't like organizations raising money for charity.
2.  Steel doesn't understand the meaning of the word legion.
3.  Steel believes that deaths, rapes and other bad behavior would be eliminated if the greek system did not exist.
4.  Steel does not understand the difference between for profit and non profit organizations.
5.  Steel does not like to party.
6.  Steel is still bitter because Foxcatcher was shut down.

The problem is that they use the "charity" and "philanthropy" as a shield and smokescreen to justify the rest of the frat's actions. 

Frats these days are nothing more than organized crime units. 

LVH

Fairbanks said:
Are there any Fraternaties that a friendly towards the gay?

Asking for a friend.

All of them

Pretty much every frat has their pledges do homosexual acts in order to get initiated. They claim the homosexual acts are for "bonding" and "brotherhood" but let's get real, its an excuse to do these things because they enjoy it.

If you have to play around with another guy's dick or get things shoved up your [ Arschloch] in order to be accepted into a group you have major insecurity issues.

LVH

frogjustice said:

Sigh all you want. Frats(especially on TCU campus) are hot beds for illegal drug trafficking and use. Also hotbeds for rape.

They get away with it because they are connected to people in high places who sweep it under the rug or pay off the victims/law enforcement.

rsmith76110

LVH said:

All of them

Pretty much every frat has their pledges do homosexual acts in order to get initiated. They claim the homosexual acts are for "bonding" and "brotherhood" but let's get real, its an excuse to do these things because they enjoy it.
If you have to play around with another guy's popsicle or get things shoved up your Rod Gilmore] in order to be accepted into a group you have major insecurity issues.
Gaybasher

rsmith76110

LVH said:

Sigh all you want. Frats(especially on TCU campus) are hot beds for illegal drug trafficking and use. Also hotbeds for rape.
They get away with it because they are connected to people in high places who sweep it under the rug or pay off the victims/law enforcement.
I didn't know tony Montana was an alum. Is he on our Wikipedia page?

LVH

Fairbanks said:
Yeah, the gay activities of the Fraternaties should be celebrated.

Maybe they should all Elephant walk around the fountain?

Elephant Walk is one of the tamer initiation activities.

ThisIsOurTime

LVH said:

Please go on.  You remind me of Mel Gibson's character in this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYGUai7PNc

rifram09

Haha.

My fraternity was the only boring one, I guess. All the others were apparently gay biker gangs who inexplicably rape women and then traffick illegal drugs into campus.

froggyfiveo

As a guy who did not rush because he transferred in his sophomore year...I wish someone had told me those stats.  Don't hate the players hate the game!!!

YA

Just like the Greek system is tax exempt, so are US Churches, who have billions of dollars of real estate and take in millions in revenue too.  I for one, look forward to the day that all are taxed accordingly if the political machines will get out of the way.