• The KillerFrogs

TCU defends warm-ups ahead of OU rematch

jake102

Made ESPN front page headlines tonight.

"We couldn't get on the field, either side," Patterson said. "We asked the guy that was in charge, and he said, 'I don't know which way to send you.' Even as the head coach, I had to go through their warm-up lines to get over to our end of the field. And I wouldn't have said anything if Coach Riley wouldn't have made the remark that our guy got hit with the ball because we were running through their stretch lines."

"TCU in 20 years has never run through anybody's stretch lines," Patterson said. "We don't act that way. You've never seen us go out to the middle of the field and we're going to yell at each other, and we won't ever. And we've had plenty of teams that have tried to get us to do it. That's not the way we act. And so, I didn't really appreciate that they were trying to say that we were in the wrong because that was OK to let a quarterback throw a ball and hit a guy in the head that hasn't played for two weeks.

"TCU is going to try to [go] out, play fair and square, play as hard a football game as we can. I've already told my group they need to keep their mouth shut. They need to go play, period. That's what we're there for. You're going to have a championship game, it needs to be represented by champions. But don't say that we do something when we don't do that, and we've never done that. Ever."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ctive-warm-antics-prepare-big-12-championship

MTfrog5

I don’t understand the people who read that and say Patterson is whining. If anything they should realize that Lincoln is lying about the whole situation

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The comments in that article are a riot. Has OU never had targeting called on them?
Ceedee Lamb ejected targeting against Tulane this year. Dru Samia ejected for punching against WV last week. Aaron Ripkoski ejected for targeting as well is few seasons ago. I guess they are dirty too.

That was a one minute google search. I am sure there are others.

They must have coaches that tell their players to target too, right?

Edit: Jordan Evans 2014 ejected for targeting

Edit 2: Matt Dimon ejected for kicking against Baylor 2015. And let's not forget Tyrus Thompson against TCU punching one of our players but not ejected because Oklahoma never gets any calls.

Anyone from OU claiming they are clean compared to TCU can go EABOD.

Last edited:
I don't think Lincoln Riley was saying Patterson purposefully had his guys cutting across their practice area on purpose. He just said they did anyway. The guy who got hit was crossing at the wider angle than anyone before him or after him. He came out near the 'O' where everyone else was cutting across the corner red area.

Chongo94

I don't think Lincoln Riley was saying Patterson purposefully had his guys cutting across their practice area on purpose. He just said they did anyway. The guy who got hit was crossing at the wider angle than anyone before him or after him. He came out near the 'O' where everyone else was cutting across the corner red area.

Perhaps. BUT any normal, well meaning and behaved human being wouldn't just drill a player like that unless they were doing it on purpose to be an ass.

You seem like a decent poster but Baker is a full on pos and consistently an ass when there is no reason to be one.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
And Baker purposefully threw at his head. The ball wasn’t even close to being on target to his receiver in the end zone 10 yards away.

screetch

We’ve all seen the video. The throw was clearly on purpose. Fwiw, I agree that’s not what Riley was saying, but he was still defending a chicken [ Finebaum ] move.

Ceedee Lamb ejected targeting against Tulane this year.

For blocking a guy in the chest. That one still gets me to this day.

That said, I think its silly to Patterson is coaching his players to be dirty. The guy who targetted Baker in the back of the head from TCU called and apologized. I don't think that would happen if it wasn't an accident. People need to understand these things happen.