• The KillerFrogs

TCU defends warm-ups ahead of OU rematch

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
I can remember a fight nearly breaking out where we played because guys were cutting through where we were warming up trying to intimidate us right before the game. You do that, getting hit in the head with the football is one of a minor thing that is going to happen to you.

You act like it was no big deal because it was your guy. Mayfield took offense and many OU fans see his side. I see both sides.

giphy-134eda89ec51aafe5.gif

netty2424

I can remember a fight nearly breaking out where we played because guys were cutting through where we were warming up trying to intimidate us right before the game. You do that, getting hit in the head with the football is one of a minor thing that is going to happen to you.

You act like it was no big deal because it was your guy. Mayfield took offense and many OU fans see his side. I see both sides.

Here is what shaggybevo... err Texas said:

And those guys hate us. People who have played know that isn't cool.
Cherry picking Shaggy Bevo posts to support your argument. Convenient.

Where do you recommend teams enter the field they're about to play on? GP stated publicly he asked the person in charge how they should enter the field and the guy said he didn't know?

He didn't know because there was no room. He was running in the corner of the endzone. Wasn't like he run down he middle on the 20 yardline in the middle of drills.

But you think it's justifiable that BM purposefully hits a guy entering the field. Ridiculous.

Tom Brown

Where do you recommend teams enter the field they're about to play on? GP stated publicly he asked the person in charge how they should enter the field and the guy said he didn't know?

He didn't know because there was no room. He was running in the corner of the endzone. Wasn't like he run down he middle on the 20 yardline in the middle of drills.

But you think it's justifiable that BM purposefully hits a guy entering the field. Ridiculous.

I kind of like Linc Riley opening up the morality can of worms, it affords us much leeway.

I would think it is common sense not to run through someone's warm-up area and not something Patterson would have to ask. I don't know that Patterson is feigning ignorance on that, but if he was that would be stupid. I think Patterson is trying to alter the argument that someone is saying they should run on that side of the field.

I have no issue with them running around the out of bounds line, but that's not what was going on in the video (save the first guy who was being respectful of another team's warm-up and from what I understand most every TCU player after that as well).

As far as cherry picking ShaggyBevo comments, I agree I was doing that. Still, it's hard to argue that guy was a Sooner fan or wouldn't normally find any reason to hate Mayfield.

Perhaps. BUT any normal, well meaning and behaved human being wouldn't just drill a player like that unless they were doing it on purpose to be an ass.

You seem like a decent poster but Baker is a full on pos and consistently an ass when there is no reason to be one.

Honest question. Outside of trash talking, what has Mayfield done that makes him a POS?

As far as "drill a player", Smalls had his helmet on. Unless he has one of the softest skulls in medical history or TCU helmets are made of tin foil I am not buying the argument that he got concussed from this. Patterson went on to play him that game. Patterson wouldn't have played someone concussed. So why pretend like this is where the injury came from?

Paint It Purple

I would think it is common sense not to run through someone's warm-up area and not something Patterson would have to ask. I don't know that Patterson is feigning ignorance on that, but if he was that would be stupid. I think Patterson is trying to alter the argument that someone is saying they should run on that side of the field.

I have no issue with them running around the out of bounds line, but that's not what was going on in the video (save the first guy who was being respectful of another team's warm-up and from what I understand most every TCU player after that as well).
Continuing to argue and reason with this blithering moron is an exercise in futility. He's roped you in by appearing objective at first, only to reveal his true and utter stupidity and lack of reason. His QB is a piece of [ Finebaum ], and neither you or I will move him to admit that truth.

And, consider this. If you had a piece of [ Finebaum ], loud mouth, diva QB on your team, would you design the warm up drills pre-game, where the opposing team had to walk right past him? L Riley does.

You have to ask? LMAO.

I think Baker Mayfield wears the black hat in these games. He loves to rile people up by trash talking. I think if you think about it, Mayfield has hardly done anything all that bad.

We have rape scandals at some schools and people are upset Mayfield planted a flag. He is clearly the first college student ever to get drunk in public and apparently the first football player in history to use an obscene gesture during a game. I'm not saying those aren't things that he shouldn't do, but we don't normally call a drunk college student a POS because that tends to hit us in the face too. I've been there. I've even dropped an F-bomb in my lifetime. I sure hope those two things don't make me a POS.

The rest is the trash talking which is what I think people are actually upset about.

ifrog

Honest question. Outside of trash talking, what has Mayfield done that makes him a POS?

After not being offered a scholarship by any school (more on that later), he walked on at Tech and went 5-0 before being injured for a few games.

At the end of his first year in Lubbock he claimed Kingsbury was neglecting him and refusing to play him. He also claimed Kingsbury wasn’t going to give him a scholarship to start the spring semester. This if the first sign of his diva ness, and Kingsbury denies these things and says they would have given him a scholarship starting in the spring semester. He ended up leaving before a scholarship would have been given (more on this later). Needless to say he leaves bad blood on Lubbock who are glad to see him gone.

As Mayfield was trying to leave he ran into the Big 12 rule that in addition to missing a year for transfer, if a transfer occurs within the league a second year is added on. Thus he would only be available to play in 2015 and 2016, or sit out 2 years and play 2016 and 2017. Not to mention Kingsbury was hurt by the accusations Mayfield was making about them so refused to sign off on his transfer to OU. Kingsbury eventually relented and signed off on the transfer.

TCU defeated OU 37-32 (I believe). After the game, GP was asked about half-time adjustments and said they had to change all their defensive hand signals because the discovered Mayfield was on the sideline, stealing them and transcribing them. After changing the signals OU was pretty well corralled the second half.

Later when Tech and OU played, Mayfield accused a Lubbock restaurant of kicking him out for no good reason, he was just sitting there having dinner.

In the lead to the TCU OU game, GP’s comments were brought up about stealing signals, Mayfield deflected and said bad things about GP. During the game Mayfield was hit questionable late and taken out for the second half. As TCU was depleted by injuries, this was the help TCU needed to come back and almost claim victory, but GP called a questionable 2pt conversion attempt that fell flat. OU won 31-30.

In the lead up to OU playing #1 Clemson, Baker accused TCU of stringing him along and preventing him from receiving any other scholarship offers during his recruitment. GP responded by saying he liked Baker, but it was Baker and his father’s attitude that prevented TCU, Tech, and 128 other schools from wanting him as their QB enough to hand out a scholarship.

During the summer the league decides to amend its rules, around June I think, to allow in conference rivals to be waived a second year of sitting out if that player was a walk-on with no scholarship. While Mayfield was technically a walk-on, Kingsbury claims he would have been given scholarship if he had stayed. However the Big12 claimed since the technically never was, they’d waive it and allow him to play in 2017. Of course the rest of the Big12 was pissed by the rule change that affected only one player on one team.

Later in August ESPN puts out an article on Mayfield rehashing his beef with TCU, with his father included saying TCU had harmed his son.

IDK what happened between the rest of the teams and Mayfield, but when TCU played OU Patterson was very frustrated by the officiating in the 52-46 loss (or whatever it was). Patterson stated that he’s forbidden by the league to say bad things about officials, but the opposing QB can write an entire article saying how bad of a person he is.

Where to start
Ohio State flag plant
Calling Baylor his daddy
His general douchebaggery in every game this season, especially during pre-game warmups when there’s not cameras catching everything.
Taunting Kansas fans and players multiple times with obscenities. His punishment was to miss the first drive and be removed as a captain. This was completely negated by the fact that Lincoln Riley either knowingly or unknowingly allowed Mayfield’s teammates to dramatically bring his jersey out to the pregame coin toss. Again, how was this a punishment in anyway. I really don’t think Riley has command of his locker room.
Running up the score on overmatched teams.
Hitting a TCU player in the head with a football during pregame warmups so hard that the ball flys like 20-30 yards away and the player ends up having head issues that keeps him our a few games. Mayfield is so glad by his sportsmanship that he walks up to the TCU team as they run onto their side of the field that he taunts them as they go past. It should be pointed out that TCU had to run through that area, OU was in the way of them getting to their sideline. Mayfield was not punished at all for this.

And, consider this. If you had a piece of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ], loud mouth, diva QB on your team, would you design the warm up drills pre-game, where the opposing team had to walk right past him? L Riley does.

Interesting conspiracy theory.

I am only pretending to be "rational" because I don't think Patterson is actually trying to hurt people, but the real "rational" have Riley in on a Stadium design and where the team tradition of warming up would be.

cdsfrog

After not being offered a scholarship by any school (more on that later), he walked on at Tech and went 5-0 before being injured for a few games.

At the end of his first year in Lubbock he claimed Kingsbury was neglecting him and refusing to play him. He also claimed Kingsbury wasn’t going to give him a scholarship to start the spring semester. This if the first sign of his diva ness, and Kingsbury denies these things and says they would have given him a scholarship starting in the spring semester. He ended up leaving before a scholarship would have been given (more on this later). Needless to say he leaves bad blood on Lubbock who are glad to see him gone.

As Mayfield was trying to leave he ran into the Big 12 rule that in addition to missing a year for transfer, if a transfer occurs within the league a second year is added on. Thus he would only be available to play in 2015 and 2016, or sit out 2 years and play 2016 and 2017. Not to mention Kingsbury was hurt by the accusations Mayfield was making about them so refused to sign off on his transfer to OU. Kingsbury eventually relented and signed off on the transfer.

TCU defeated OU 37-32 (I believe). After the game, GP was asked about half-time adjustments and said they had to change all their defensive hand signals because the discovered Mayfield was on the sideline, stealing them and transcribing them. After changing the signals OU was pretty well corralled the second half.

Later when Tech and OU played, Mayfield accused a Lubbock restaurant of kicking him out for no good reason, he was just sitting there having dinner.

In the lead to the TCU OU game, GP’s comments were brought up about stealing signals, Mayfield deflected and said bad things about GP. During the game Mayfield was hit questionable late and taken out for the second half. As TCU was depleted by injuries, this was the help TCU needed to come back and almost claim victory, but GP called a questionable 2pt conversion attempt that fell flat. OU won 31-30.

In the lead up to OU playing #1 Clemson, Baker accused TCU of stringing him along and preventing him from receiving any other scholarship offers during his recruitment. GP responded by saying he liked Baker, but it was Baker and his father’s attitude that prevented TCU, Tech, and 128 other schools from wanting him as their QB enough to hand out a scholarship.

During the summer the league decides to amend its rules, around June I think, to allow in conference rivals to be waived a second year of sitting out if that player was a walk-on with no scholarship. While Mayfield was technically a walk-on, Kingsbury claims he would have been given scholarship if he had stayed. However the Big12 claimed since the technically never was, they’d waive it and allow him to play in 2017. Of course the rest of the Big12 was pissed by the rule change that affected only one player on one team.

Later in August ESPN puts out an article on Mayfield rehashing his beef with TCU, with his father included saying TCU had harmed his son.

IDK what happened between the rest of the teams and Mayfield, but when TCU played OU Patterson was very frustrated by the officiating in the 52-46 loss (or whatever it was). Patterson stated that he’s forbidden by the league to say bad things about officials, but the opposing QB can write an entire article saying how bad of a person he is.

Where to start
Ohio State flag plant
Calling Baylor his daddy
His general douchebaggery in every game this season, especially during pre-game warmups when there’s not cameras catching everything.
Taunting Kansas fans and players multiple times with obscenities. His punishment was to miss the first drive and be removed as a captain. This was completely negated by the fact that Lincoln Riley either knowingly or unknowingly allowed Mayfield’s teammates to dramatically bring his jersey out to the pregame coin toss. Again, how was this a punishment in anyway. I really don’t think Riley has command of his locker room.
Running up the score on overmatched teams.
Hitting a TCU player in the head with a football during pregame warmups so hard that the ball flys like 20-30 yards away and the player ends up having head issues that keeps him our a few games. Mayfield is so glad by his sportsmanship that he walks up to the TCU team as they run onto their side of the field that he taunts them as they go past. It should be pointed out that TCU had to run through that area, OU was in the way of them getting to their sideline. Mayfield was not punished at all for this.

This in a nutshell. I have never disliked a player more than Baker Mayfield in my life. I look forward to his eventual failure in the NFL. I expect him to be a spiteful bitter angry [ Arschloch] the rest of his life reliving the glory days of being a giant dooshbag in college.

netty2424

You've been here too long now. It was only a matter of time before your seemingly level headed opposing fanboard posts started to show true colors.

You're literally lying through your Arkansas tooth. It's absurd to say Baker Mayfield didn't target the TCU player.

Dogfrog

Interesting conspiracy theory.

I am only pretending to be "rational" because I don't think Patterson is actually trying to hurt people, but the real "rational" have Riley in on a Stadium design and where the team tradition of warming up would be.

It was Riley who claimed that TCU intentionally accessed the field through OU warmups in an obvious attempt to excuse Mayfield, which is asinine. Sad really.

You've been here too long now. It was only a matter of time before your seemingly level headed opposing fanboard posts started to show true colors.

You're literally lying through your Arkansas tooth. It's absurd to say Baker Mayfield didn't target the TCU player.

It would be absurd to say Baker wasn't trying to hit the TCU player. Obviously, you missed where I said that he was 100% trying to hit the TCU player.

How am I lying exactly? I don't get this.

netty2424

It would be absurd to say Baker wasn't trying to hit the TCU player. Obviously, you missed where I said that he was 100% trying to hit the TCU player.

Your justification of his actions by saying "it's common sense not to run through another teams warm up space."

No one was running through their warm up space, that's an absolute lie.

So transferring makes him a bad person? That he could steal signals makes him a bad person? (Shouldn't that be on Patterson if a college QB can do that?)

Are you not under the impression that planting a flag and telling Baylor, "I'm your daddy" is trash talking? Are we snowflakes now that we can't handle trash talking?

When he was caught using an obscene gesture he got suspended for a series. He may well be the first player in history to be suspended for that, though I doubt anyone is naive enough to believe it doesn't happen every single game from both sidelines. Also he got publicly drunk, which is the other thing that is a mark against his character you didn't mention, but lots of college kids do that. Running up the score on overmatched teams? I wish. We haven't been able to do that nearly enough this year. TCU didn't pile onto Texas either I guess.

I think ultimately it comes down to the trash talking. That's what makes people mad

Hitting a TCU player in the head with a football during pregame warmups so hard that the ball flys like 20-30 yards away and the player ends up having head issues that keeps him our a few games.

A football concussed him? And then Patterson played a concussed person?

Apparently, OU isn't the only home to wild conspiracy theories about opposing teams.

Show me on this doll where Mayfield hurt you.

SparkleFrog

Your justification of his actions by saying "it's common sense not to run through another teams warm up space."

We’re done here, ArkansasSooner. Ok? Run along.

It's on the video. He ran through the area they were warming up. He nearly stepped on the 'O' in Oklahoma in the endzone.

jake102

It's on the video. He ran through the area they were warming up. He nearly stepped on the 'O' in Oklahoma in the endzone.

And what's the purpose of throwing a football at someone? I can guarantee you if Kenny Hill got caught on camera doing that his punishment would be much more than Patterson blaming the opposing team.

Also, Joe Mixon man. You can't ever live that down.