• The KillerFrogs

TCU and Coach Schlossnagle

froginaustin

I really want to go to New Orleans and get some beignets from Cafe Du Monde. Those are so good and its been a while.
The Cafe Du Monde mix from the grocery store (Central Market, anyway) is the real deal, but the trick is to get it mixed to the right consistency, and to get the oil to the right temperature and keep it there until the beignets are done.

It's easy to cook a lump of goo or a cinder.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
The Cafe Du Monde mix from the grocery store (Central Market, anyway) is the real deal, but the trick is to get it mixed to the right consistency, and to get the oil to the right temperature and keep it there until the beignets are done.

It's easy to cook a lump of goo or a cinder.

If your oil isn't at 375 degrees, then don't bother trying to fry them. You'll end up with a greasy mess on your hands

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
If your oil isn't at 375 degrees, then don't bother trying to fry them. You'll end up with a greasy mess on your hands

So the problem this weekend on kf.c wasn't the Mormon sign, its that you or scott didn't have the oil turned up on the board.

Glad we settled that.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
So the problem this weekend on kf.c wasn't the Mormon sign, its that you or scott didn't have the oil turned up on the board.

Glad we settled that.

Well our fryer was malfunctioning but they are working on it. :rolleyes:

Until we get it fixed, this might be of interest to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpnDyZwi_Tg

frogyou

I must express my disappointment in coach Schlossnagle and his loss to Kansas. There were multiple times within the loss (not defeat, as he lost the game for them) that I would second guess Schlossnagle's actions, but to be honest I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have come to expect wins and dominance from him but in reality, I probably should not, as he did not achieve success as a player therefore he did not play at a high level. It must be difficult to make the correct decisions when you have no real playing experience at this level. It wouldn't be much different than we as backers and fans of the program to criticize a high school coach for his bumbling calls in an NFL situation. All in all we probably should tip our hat to him as he appears to be somewhat out of his league, as his players have already achieved more than he did in his days. Hopefully his luck will continue for our sake.

isnt there at least a grace period of 3 or 5 years for a coach who freaking makes the CWS?

i dont care if they dont win the conference this year, i will let the man skate for a few years, cause WE MADE THE CWS.

i bet this guys is itching to post when we only beat BU by 2 TDs and he doesnt think that gp can coach the team anymore...

HFrog1999

isnt there at least a grace period of 3 or 5 years for a coach who freaking makes the CWS?

i dont care if they dont win the conference this year, i will let the man skate for a few years, cause WE MADE THE CWS.

i bet this guys is itching to post when we only beat BU by 2 TDs and he doesnt think that gp can coach the team anymore...

ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Just go to Pancho's, get you some sopapillas, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, and there you are! Beignet = fancy word for sopapilla. :biggrin:

As long as they are fried at 375 degrees, you are in for a treat

Speaking of sopapillas, you might enjoy watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQfP2GtqoXw

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
I must express my disappointment in coach Schlossnagle and his loss to Kansas. There were multiple times within the loss (not defeat, as he lost the game for them) that I would second guess Schlossnagle's actions, but to be honest I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have come to expect wins and dominance from him but in reality, I probably should not, as he did not achieve success as a player therefore he did not play at a high level. It must be difficult to make the correct decisions when you have no real playing experience at this level. It wouldn't be much different than we as backers and fans of the program to criticize a high school coach for his bumbling calls in an NFL situation. All in all we probably should tip our hat to him as he appears to be somewhat out of his league, as his players have already achieved more than he did in his days. Hopefully his luck will continue for our sake.

Obviously a personal jab. Weak attempt to even disguise the attempt!

Wes is exactly right about the Gary Patterson comparison. Gary was a walk on at K-State & not sure he even saw the field. BIG DEAL! Best coach in America because he works harder.....but most importantly,learns from EVERY negative... of how not to repeat it.

Baseball is a game of second guessing. I of course did the same think in the 14th inning yesterday... when I thought our 1st baseman needed to be pinch hit for. As soon as I said that...BAM....Home Run.

Lot's of jealousy & envy comes with success. This poster is certainly in this category.

HFrog1999

Obviously a personal jab. Weak attempt to even disguise the attempt!

Wes is exactly right about the Gary Patterson comparison. Gary was a walk on at K-State & not sure he even saw the field. BIG DEAL! Best coach in America because he works harder.....but most importantly,learns from EVERY negative... of how not to repeat it.

Baseball is a game of second guessing. I of course did the same think in the 14th inning yesterday... when I thought our 1st baseman needed to be pinch hit for. As soon as I said that...BAM....Home Run.

Lot's of jealousy & envy comes with success. This poster is certainly in this category.

How do you attack the unattackable? I was thinking to myself as I watch Coach Schloss warm the team up Saturday a few yards from his house, in one of the bigger stadiums in NCAA baseball, before a large crowd with his son being the ball boy, "there's a guy who's got it figured out."

It might behoove everybody to read the second post made by mrford. It seems that this one was done as a joke, and that he really knows and respects Schloss and TCU.

This thread should just die a slow death, unless you want to talk about sopapillas.