• The KillerFrogs

Tap the damn brakes

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I am glad that we have passion for and expectations for TCU sports. Believe me, that is far more than we had when I was a student and up to the point in 1997 when the Frogs went to the Sun Bowl. From that point forward, we wanted more and for the most part we got it.

But with the good, comes the bad and in my opinion, the bad is the god awful reaction some of you have following a loss.

I started the no calling out of players policy after reading fan reactions on Shaggy Bevo and the old Longhorn Fans. Frankly I was appalled at how those fans reacted to a loss, called the players names and generally gave the UT players a verbal thrashing that was over the top and far beyond what any sane person should do.

After reading those forums, I swore that Killerfrogs would never sink to that level and the policy was installed.

Well guess what? We have become clones of the Horns fans, Aggie Fans and maybe even Arkansas fans, at their worst and that is not a good thing my friends.

Yesterday we had a whole slew of player call outs and someone even called out the parent of a player. Seriously, a players parent? This has got to stop and stop now.

Our policy of not calling out players has been posted for years and will not change. Period.

If that policy makes you have to stop and think about what you are saying and how you say it, then all the better.

A few days ago someone posted a request that we not over moderate the board and thats an easy request to comply with, just don't break the rules.

Tap the brakes, folks.

Last edited:

frognutz

I am glad that we have passion for expectations for TCU sports. Believe me, that is far more than we had when I was a student and up to the point in 1997 when the Frogs went to the Sun Bowl. From that point forward, we wanted more and for the most part we got it.

But with the good, comes the bad and in my opinion, the bad is the god awful reaction some of you have following a loss.

I started the no calling out of players policy after reading fan reactions on Shaggy Bevo and the old Longhorn Fans. Frankly I was appalled at how those fans reacted to a loss, called the players names and generally gave the UT players a verbal thrashing that was over the top and far beyond what any sane person should do.

After reading those forums, I swore that Killerfrogs would never sink to that level and the policy was installed.

Well guess what? We have become clones of the Horns fans, Aggie Fans and maybe even Arkansas fans, at their worst and that is not a good thing my friends.

Yesterday we had a whole slew of player call outs and someone even called out the parent of a player. Seriously, a players parent? This has got to stop and stop now.

Our policy of not calling out players has been posted for years and will not change. Period.

If that policy makes you have to stop and think about what you are saying and how you say it, then all the better.

A few days ago someone posted a request that we not over moderate the board and thats an easy request to comply with, just don't break the rules.

Tap the brakes, folks.

I thought you were just another dude who liked Frog sports now Wes? Change we should be aware of?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Moderate all you need to. Today should make it it crystal clear parents read this board. Disparage the unit, the coaches but leave the players out of this. This goes for me with Kenny Hill as well.l
Exactly and that is another reason the policy was put in place.

The parents of one of Billy Tubbs' players, Rebel Faulk, used to read this board all the time but our fans started ragging on Rebel and then stopped because when they tried to stand up for their son, some jack wagon lit into them.

When they told me that, I was ashamed and still am.

Its gotta stop folks.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I thought you were just another dude who liked Frog sports now Wes? Change we should be aware of?
Wes still wields the ban hammer.

wes-ban-hammer.gif

Joe1000

It’s easy to say “tap the brakes”

What’s harder is dealing with the reality that the coaching staff got spanked and embarrassed by a rookie head coach in the biggest game the program has had since the Rose Bowl.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
It’s easy to say “tap the brakes”

What’s harder is dealing with the reality that the coaching staff got spanked and embarrassed by a rookie head coach in the biggest game the program has had since the Rose Bowl.
Listen, I have dealt with some horrible losses since I became a Frog fan.

But you are right, our staff was outfoxed by the rookie. Hopefully GP learns from it and doesn't allow it to happen again

That said, we don't need to hammer the players by name or number.

ifrog

But you are right, our staff was outfoxed by the rookie. Hopefully GP learns from it and doesn't allow it to happen again

This trend has already started from the usual posters.

Joe1000

Agree 100%. I actually don’t put this on any player. I honestly think this was 100% on the coaches. I’m just so disappointed in their performance. That 4th down punt, down 10...that was the game...heck the season. And we just assumed the position and punted like cowards. It’s just disappointing

NorthDallas40

Bottom line is these players are kids, not professional athletes. They bust their butts every week in practice and are constantly reminded by coaches what they are doing right and wrong. I really don't think they need extra pressure from a bunch of fans who think they know a lot about football, myself included. I think their coaching staff has been a little suspect this season and we haven't see the week to week improvements in certain areas regardless of personnel. That's on the coaching staff. It is beyond inappropriate to call out a player's parents and it is just embarrassing.