• The KillerFrogs

Student Section was PATHETIC last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE(iowa_frog @ Nov 18 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]78018[/snapback]
Completely agree, it is impossible to get a ticket from the TABC if you don't drink underage. If you are going to complain about getting tickets, THEN DON'T DRINK UNDERAGE. If you think you should be able to drink, then do it, but you should be willing to face the consequences as well.

Yes, I indulged in my fair share of adult beverages under the age of 21, but unless you are stupid, you shouldn't get a ticket. So lets think, to drink in a student tailgate area full of cops and TABC when you are under 21 would be classified as stupid. To get so piss drunk that you are fumbling around when you walk and end up getting ticketed is stupid. Here we go, have a few drinks at a buddies house before the game, then go to the game and have a good time, and then go to your buddies house after the game and party some more. That final senario is not going to get you a ticket 99.9% of the time. The problem is that most students don't realize the difference between drinking and getting drunk, they think they are one in the same for some reason.

And also don't hang signs telling TABC to leave. Like the old saying goes, "the squeaky wheel....".

10 Key Frog

QUOTE(iowa_frog @ Nov 18 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]78018[/snapback]
Completely agree, it is impossible to get a ticket from the TABC if you don't drink underage. If you are going to complain about getting tickets, THEN DON'T DRINK UNDERAGE. If you think you should be able to drink, then do it, but you should be willing to face the consequences as well.

Yes, I indulged in my fair share of adult beverages under the age of 21, but unless you are stupid, you shouldn't get a ticket. So lets think, to drink in a student tailgate area full of cops and TABC when you are under 21 would be classified as stupid. To get so piss drunk that you are fumbling around when you walk and end up getting ticketed is stupid. Here we go, have a few drinks at a buddies house before the game, then go to the game and have a good time, and then go to your buddies house after the game and party some more. That final senario is not going to get you a ticket 99.9% of the time. The problem is that most students don't realize the difference between drinking and getting drunk, they think they are one in the same for some reason.

Exactly, if you are smart about it, you're almost guaranteed not to get a ticket. The cops and TABC only go after the dumb ones, which includes drinking in public. If you're underage, don't do it blatantly in public. Have a pregame party at a house by campus over on Greene, Cockrell, etc then walk over to the game in time for the game, then go back tot he house and drink more afterwards.

The TABC and cops are just doing their jobs, but they aren't going to go around door to door around campus to check. Do it out of the public eye, come cheer on your frogs, and all is well. Getting plastered in the public eye in a parking lot is going to lead to trouble.

Kappa Frog

well, we've got to start somewhere... I love Frog Mom's enthusiasm & Gator's ideas re: camping out for bball games.

I think the 1st place to start is gameday production, because it's something that TCU can control.

First, turn up the sound... good grief... my 10 year old's ipod is louder. We're in section C & yes, you can hear it, but barely.

When the players come on the field, needs to be videos, loud music, kids running on field, fireworks, etc. For some reason, we're always off when it comes to all of that. Go to a game at Clemson or LSU sometime & you absolutely get chill bumps. We usually don't know what's going on till the frog-horn goes off.

Next, use the darn jumbotron for showing college football. As PB87 said earlier, show some interesting scores from Div I, but also show highlights. Show highlights of big time football & then mix in MWC highlights.... don't show CUSA or WAC, but show Big 12, SEC, MWC, and then Pac-10... at least make it look like we belong in that class. It's marketing, that's what it's supposed to do.

Kind of silly I know, but throw more t-shirts & footballs into the crowd... at least you get people out of their seats to make some noise.

Greek competitions and student give-aways during the games.

Have some ticket + food specials like several years ago & advertise it... ticket + 4 dogs & 4 pepsi's for $15.... something like that. What about selling food & drinks in the stands so you don't have to leave your seat? They'd actually sell more & it would keep people in the stands longer. Novel concept I know. That would make it a lot easier for the kids that our bunch brings... except for bathroom breaks :blush:

More videos during timeouts / less commercials.

I used to love it when the band would go in the stands from time to time to play... you'd be watching the game then all of a sudden part of the band was in one of the corners playing... we liked it.

Blow the frog-horn 45 minutes before the game starts.... then blow it twice 20 minutes before the game starts... then 3 times 10 minutes.... etc... kind of a "for whom the bell tolls" type of thing... it might tell some people to get in the stands from the parking lots too.

Show some highlights of TCU teams in the past..... for God's sake, please show LT !!!!! We see more TCU on his commercials than we do in our stadium during the game.....

I could go on & on.... but this is where it has to start IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.