• The KillerFrogs

Spring football

TooColdU

Seals looking fair. He is learning the O
Seals had 3 years at Vandy to prove he was something other than a high floor guy. Doesn't get me too excited. Seals had one of the lowest yards per attempt in the nation last year. Combine that with a completion percentage of below 60% and you're not going to expect much upside.

Palliative Care

The upside to Seals is his quantity of experience. The down side is the quality of his experience. If we need him we will be dealing with both. Can good coaching and a higher level of supporting cast make him a better player? Probably but it is up to him to make something of it.

McFroggin

Seals had 3 years at Vandy to prove he was something other than a high floor guy. Doesn't get me too excited. Seals had one of the lowest yards per attempt in the nation last year. Combine that with a completion percentage of below 60% and you're not going to expect much upside.

I hope Hoover is back and ready as well. That said Seals had a Vandy supporting cast against SEC defenses. As good as Mahomes is, he didn’t do [ Finebaum ] at TT.

Is Hoover at practice and if he is, is he watching from the sideline or from the quarterback perspective? Is he walking? Any news on his back injury/surgury? What caused the injury?

Hoover is the #1 quarterback and team leader and I think he will be good, contingent on being healthy.

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Well, given some of his untimely interceptions, yeah, sometimes it was.

I get that people like to think Mahomes was always this all world NFL star these days but that just isn’t the case. He took his game to another level once he entered the NFL, not before.
His final game at Tech he had a passer rating of over 215. Over 500 yards passing, 6 TDs and no INTs.

He threw 591 passes that season completing almost 2/3s of them and had 10 INTs, 41 TDs and a 157. rating. Yeah he sucked.

I know you like to knock Tech but Mahomes was very good in college.

Chongo94

His final game at Tech he had a passer rating of over 215. Over 500 yards passing, 6 TDs and no INTs.

He threw 591 passes that season completing almost 2/3s of them and had 10 INTs, 41 TDs and a 157. rating. Yeah he sucked.

I know you like to knock Tech but Mahomes was very good in college.
Did I say he sucked? No. And for some reason you keep moving goalposts on this. First, it was two seasons of stats. Now, it’s one game and one season of stats. Make up your mind.

Again, was he as bad as some people think, no. Was he all world as some people now think, no. He was a good qb that only managed what, one winning season? He took his game to another level once he entered the NFL.

You seem to think he was already there at Tech and that just isn’t correct. Dude is amazing now though, that’s without a doubt for sure.

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Did I say he sucked? No. And for some reason you keep moving goalposts on this. First, it was two seasons of stats. Now, it’s one game and one season of stats. Make up your mind.

Again, was he as bad as some people think, no. Was he all world as some people now think, no. He was a good qb that only managed what, one winning season? He took his game to another level once he entered the NFL.

You seem to think he was already there at Tech and that just isn’t correct. Dude is amazing now though, that’s without a doubt for sure.
Giving different examples of how he was on another level at Tech is not "moving goalposts."

The comment I was originally referring to and which you decided to jump in and defend for some reason was: "he didn’t do [ Finebaum ] at TT." So yeah, you kinda said he sucked.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Giving different examples of how he was on another level at Tech is not "moving goalposts."

The comment I was originally referring to and which you decided to jump in and defend for some reason was: "he didn’t do [ Finebaum ] at TT." So yeah, you kinda said he sucked.
Ok….HE IS THE GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME!! YAY!!
Stanley Cup Playoffs Hockey GIF by NHL

Last edited: