• The KillerFrogs

Southwest just cancelled 2/3rds of their flights Today

tcufrogprince1

So, Southwest is screwed for the next few days and no guarantees on any of the flights to Phoenix. I can't say why, but it's going to mess things up for all of the US and there is a very strong chance that it will affect things negatively till the 31st. I would start looking at driving. We have already rented an SUV and will have room for two if someone wants to make the 17-hour drive with us. 14 for those in Fort Worth. I also still have an extra bedroom in the guest house we rented. Mainly wanted to get this out for those that got the SW message a little while ago. If you want to catch a ride, we are leaving on Thursday before noon so probably DFW by 4. Just IM me if you want to split some gas and help drive.

allclearforfrogs

They've announced that 70% of flights will be cancelled and that people will not be re-booked until Saturday at the earliest. If you are flying SWA to this bowl game and your flight is one of the one's cancelled, you are out of luck.

Panther City Frog

Word to the wise: If you see Gus Polinksi at the airport (and if you're from Sheboygan you'll recognize him), stay close to him. He'll get you where you need to be.
home alone christmas movies GIF

tcufrogprince1

I have also started to look at driving. I will make the call on Wednesday. Horrible.
I can almost guarantee based on what Southwest is about to attempt over the next two days that our flights are all done. I also dont think that it will only take 2 days. The other issue is the rental cars will likely be gone if you wait too long. I imagine Michigan fans are going to be in an even worse situation with weather on top of the airlines having issues.

allclearforfrogs

I've been monitoring the DAL-PHX daily morning flight that I'm supposed to be on and so far so good - make sense since it's an originator and is crew base to crew base, so I'm going to hold out hope. Hopefully things will smooth out by Friday, but if you are booked in the middle of the week and are cancelled they won't rebook you until after the game.

tcufrogprince1

I can tell yall it is not the weather that is the issue for Southwest. It is deeper than that and they are attempting some major changes to fix their scheduling system and they say it will only take 2 days. I dont hear that from the people I know that are high up in Southwest. You are going to see major cancellations all the way up to the 31st which is cutting it kinda close for the game. Do not trust your flight to stay active.