IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5965-1.jpg

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I didn't shoot for long, and just long enough to get some Dwight Smith pics, then I wanted to watch the scrimmage ... this is what I took ... enjoy or not (wish a couple were sharper) ...

SnoSki

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 12 2010, 02:51 PM) [snapback]543478[/snapback]
I didn't shoot for long, and just long enough to get some Dwight Smith pics, then I wanted to watch the scrimmage ... this is what I took ... enjoy or not (wish a couple were sharper) ...

Good ones! Thanks Top! That one pic of Yogi reminded me that I thought that he needed to work on his handoffs a bit more. There were a couple that day that looked very rough.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Daniel @ Apr 12 2010, 10:18 AM) [snapback]543496[/snapback]
See, red is one of the school colors. Obviously! :ph34r:

:biggrin:

TCURiggs

QUOTE(Pure Purple @ Apr 12 2010, 03:43 PM) [snapback]543510[/snapback]
Muchas Gracias, Top

Smith is built like a M4 Sherman tank

New nickname by Gunner in 3...2...1...

Frog_Fan71

The handoff to Dean is not a QB mechanic issue, it is a RB mechanic issue. The RB is supposed to have his forearms close to his body and make a pocket. The arm that is closest to the QB is the arm that is supposed to be on top. QB places the ball in the pocket, RB clamps down and secures the ball. The reason for that is because the lower arm is the arm that the ball is supposed to end up in after the RB has made it through the traffic. The lower arm is the outside arm, as the ball should always be in the arm closest to the sidelines, when the RB is carrying it with one arm. Pretty basic technique really.

Tons of fumbles are caused because of this exchange failure and the QB usually gets the blame. Not the QB's fault, as he's done his assignment well.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Apr 12 2010, 04:31 PM) [snapback]543544[/snapback]
The handoff to Dean is not a QB mechanic issue, it is a RB mechanic issue. The RB is supposed to have his forearms close to his body and make a pocket. The arm that is closest to the QB is the arm that is supposed to be on top. QB places the ball in the pocket, RB clamps down and secures the ball. The reason for that is because the lower arm is the arm that the ball is supposed to end up in after the RB has made it through the traffic. The lower arm is the outside arm, as the ball should always be in the arm closest to the sidelines, when the RB is carrying it with one arm. Pretty basic technique really.

Tons of fumbles are caused because of this exchange failure and the QB usually gets the blame. Not the QB's fault, as he's done his assignment well.

Interesting.. thanks for clarifying. They just didn't really seem to be in synch on their handoffs during the PW game.

gdu

I know someone asked for one, but damn that's alot of pics of one guy.

And what was up with people tucking their jerseys like that? I know someof the guys like to think of themselves like Miami, but it's not the mid-eighties anymore.

SnoSki

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]543547[/snapback]
I know someone asked for one, but damn that's alot of pics of one guy.

And what was up with people tucking their jerseys like that? I know someof the guys like to think of themselves like Miami, but it's not the mid-eighties anymore.

It was pretty warm (not august hot.. but warmer than its been in a while).

Latest posts