• The KillerFrogs

So (there it is again), I’m about to rewatch the TTU game from last year...

Limp Lizard

Dude was gassed after that long run early. Him losing some weight is going to be huge for his all-around game
He also got injured early, too. He will learn.
If KH had played every game like the ISU game we would have had another losing season...if he had continued to start every game. An ISU level game that day in Lubbock would have meant a loss. Basing everything on one game is not wise. But we won the game...something we historically have had a hard time doing at Lubbock.

Dogfrog

Dude was gassed after that long run early. Him losing some weight is going to be huge for his all-around game

Agree with this. I also wondered at the time if anxiety / hyperventilation might have been a factor based on first college start as true freshman.

TX_Krötenechse

I’m in the camp of “SR had bad accuracy against Tech but that shouldn’t be read into.” The wind was absolutely a factor, but even more, he was starting his first D1 game as a true freshman with little warning. Between the high pressure, inexperience, and the wind, I don’t think his bad accuracy is a sign of things to come. On the contrary, he threw some great passes in the game, and if we can take care of the fumbling, I think he will shine.

Limp Lizard

One thing that impressed me is that, even though he couldn't connect, SR tried to put some air/touch on a few of the passes. Sometimes the strong-armed types try to rifle everything, with often poor results.

4th. down

Might have been at media days, either coach p or one of the other players said he lost about 20 pounds

He does look more lean now which should enhance his mobility. I'm not that concerned with his passing percentages going forward but his split second decision making (sometimes when Kenny was in this position he threw into double and triple coverage) and not knowing how to carry the ball like a RB. Also, he doesn't appear to know how to slide like Andy did but Boykin and Kenny didn't either as both would try and get out of bounds.

Kenny IMHO was under rated as a runner but believe that SR can be a better runner than Kenny or Boykin. If he's truly lost close to 20 lbs., he's going to be dangerous.

Purp

He does look more lean now which should enhance his mobility. I'm not that concerned with his passing percentages going forward but his split second decision making (sometimes when Kenny was in this position he threw into double and triple coverage) and not knowing how to carry the ball like a RB. Also, he doesn't appear to know how to slide like Andy did but Boykin and Kenny didn't either as both would try and get out of bounds.

Kenny IMHO was under rated as a runner but believe that SR can be a better runner than Kenny or Boykin. If he's truly lost close to 20 lbs., he's going to be dangerous.
I think Tre and SR are different types of runners. Tre was hard to get a hand on, but SR will be harder to bring down once he's caught. SR isn't as fast or elusive, but I do think he'll be a very effective runner. I'm not expecting any Holgo high fives though.

Waccy Frog

Hilarious the slicing and dicing of his performance in the Tech game, as the first true freshman QB to ever start a game for GP, with one week to prepare. He thew some beautiful passes in that game, two of which were incomplete my millimeters (to Reagor and Snell) which would have changed his stat line tremendously.

I have no idea how SR will play this year, but I'm not reading much into that game, where he helped lead us to pretty significant victory.

netty2424

In the Big 12 preview done by the local Oklahoma sports station, they had a segment on the new QBs in the league and the OU insider spoke about how disappointed Riley was that he didn’t have a better shot at getting SR to sign with the Sooners
He was missing a Cumbie!