• The KillerFrogs

So long, Sports Illustrated

The TCU Football Jerk

There's zero doubt the magazine took a very noticeable hard left turn (or whatever you want to call it) in the past decade. Seemed like every other article, if not more than that, in recent years was pushing an agenda as much as anything else, and I'm sure that hastened its demise.

I don't understand that strategy.

It started way before that. I gave up my subscription in the 90s because they were getting political.

Frawg

I have to admit, I didn't know they were still printing a magazine.
Haven read it in decades. Neighbor gets it. Picked one up while at his house and it felt like a comic book. Surprised it lasted this long with their insistence to promote fat chicks in bikinis and the whole trans thing.:rolleyes:

westtexfrog

I’ve been a subscriber since my father gave me my first subscription in 1970. As the years have gone by I read SI less and less because of reasons stated above, but I just couldn’t give it up. Finally this past fall I elected not to renew. I will miss the magazine I grew up with, but not the one it had become.

I’ve been a subscriber since my father gave me my first subscription in 1970. As the years have gone by I read SI less and less because of reasons stated above, but I just couldn’t give it up. Finally this past fall I elected not to renew. I will miss the magazine I grew up with, but not the one it had become.
I feel the same way about the local paper, NPR, national nightly news on TV, most movies, and KERA.

I don’t know how some of y’all make it through the day…
Old-Rip-Pappy-Glencarin_1024x1024.png