• The KillerFrogs

Sneak peak......

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Guys, click on the Pages link at the top.

It's the new cover of Texas Monthly. They have a feature article about GP and the whole college football issue is based on that article

Today at 7:00 am was the earliest that it could be released

Zammers

I think the front cover probably folds out. Which makes TCU on the inner fold. I think it's comical and annoying that all the Big 12 schools are prominently showed on the front cover and SMU, TCU, UTEP, etc. are relegated to the inner fold. BS

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Thought the same thing when I saw it :rolleyes:

You guys are negative and don't even know what you are talking about

Take a better look. TCU is in the dead center of the cover, the flag is at the back and our 3 fans are in the front, second and third rows

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Thought the same thing when I saw it :rolleyes:

Take a better look. TCU is in the dead center of the cover, the flag is at the back and our 3 fans are in the front, second and third rows

Dead center = fold though, Wes. It's OK. Glad we got to see it, but they are not gonna gain any readers by putting us there. UT front and center is one thing.

weklfrog

"This issue's feature article is 20 Reasons to Love College Football and it is built around Skip Hollandsworth's profile of Gary Patterson."

Skip Hollandsworth is a TCU grad (79) who wrote for the Skiff back in the late 70's. He was a pretty good writer even back then. I've always remembered his name because his writing in the Skiff stood out as being quite good.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I got the magazine today and the article on CGP is definitely worth a read. He's no day at the beach - but he obviously gets results. Having been in the military, I know the utility of a vigorous face-chewing. I figured CGP was intense, but this article really spelled it out.
And the cover is disappointing. Our 3 fans are placed just inside the fold, so aren't visible when looking at the magazine. Sure - if you unfold the cover, we are right in the middle. But looking at it on the rack in the store, not so much. But Texas Monthly is an Austin-based magazine, so of course they're gonna cater to UT and A&M.
But the icing on the cake is the article "A Patchwork History of Texas In Quilts." QuilterFrawg like!:laugh: