• The KillerFrogs

Sitting around on our butts

YA

QUOTE(roddog @ Jun 10 2010, 12:45 PM) [snapback]573854[/snapback]
af lmao, where did you come up with that 1?

From the lips of your Big 12 commissioner the other day.

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(StealthFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 12:50 PM) [snapback]573869[/snapback]
aren't you the guy whose fiance left him? maybe you need to chill out

just sayin'

yea, but Patterson won't leave him. He promised

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 12:28 PM) [snapback]573804[/snapback]
According to this thread, they haven't had any conversations. From the looks of it, they don't even know any of this conference stuff is going on. They're probably in St. Bart's scuba diving, tripping on acid and playing with spider-monkeys

Actually, it's those snow monkeys that plague Nolan Ryan's ranch. :unsure:

Metropolis777

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 10 2010, 12:37 PM) [snapback]573829[/snapback]
TCU has spent the last 15 years preparing for this day. Relax and enjoy the show.

Sorry to jump back in late. Just back from lunch. But, this is the quote of the decade.

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:19 PM) [snapback]573773[/snapback]
Also, i wouldnt be poking fun at Baylor because I have a feeling they are gonna end up just fine and still in a better position than us when it comes to money and conferences.

All the Big 12 needs to do is steal BYU and Utah and keep their Big 12. Where would we be then...Are you telling me that BYU and Utah wouldnt bolt if they got that invite?

Right now...most likely not...with the question of Big XII even being around??? that makes no sense...Plus I'm quite confident everyone involved at TCU are watching this VERY close....different group of people incharge this time around..

SnoSki

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:24 PM) [snapback]573796[/snapback]
I just feel we are gonna get screwed again and it is going to affect our long term future in a serious way.

146742d1245623049-my-ip-address-tinfoil-hat.jpg

micahjh

jug band, I love you buddy, but you are in way over your head here. Your "nothing happens in secret anymore" comment proves you have no idea how stuff like this works. So let me fill you in, these things happen in private phone conversation and private meetings, not on the internet or on TV. Half of what gets reported on ESPN or by some clown named Chip Brown on a message board is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Try and relax, and realize that TCU will be just fine when all is said in done.

We didnt get left behind when the Big XII was formed because of any lack of effort on trying to pull strings at the last minute. We got left behind because our athletic programs, most notably king football, were simply not good enough and hadnt been for some time. Thats hard to admit, but its true. We werent good enough when the Big XII formed to deserve an invite. Neither was Baylor, but they weaseled their way in, and left us out. Look where that has brought them. But we picked ourselves up and built oursleves into a powerhouse.

This time its different. In fact, its completely different. The fact that the media only talks about Texas and not us shouldnt suprise you. I promise you, behind the scenes, we are being talked about, and they are saying good things. We have become a real powerhouse in football and baseball, and that is a big deal. Regardless of where we land, I promise the only difference we will see from our current situation, will be improvement. If you think about it, we have only seen improvement in our conference affiliation int he 15 years since we were left out the Big XII. Both the move from the C-USA to the WAC, and from the WAC to the MWC were clearly upgrades. We have our administration to thank for that. So do whatever it is you do to relax, and let the people whos job it is, do what they have been doing quite well since we were left behind 15 years ago. We are about to get upgraded again, this time, I think it will really be into 1st class.

YA

QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Jun 10 2010, 03:39 PM) [snapback]574165[/snapback]
jug band, I love you buddy, but you are in way over your head here. Your "nothing happens in secret anymore" comment proves you have no idea how stuff like this works. So let me fill you in, these things happen in private phone conversation and private meetings, not on the internet or on TV. Half of what gets reported on ESPN or by some clown named Chip Brown on a message board is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Try and relax, and realize that TCU will be just fine when all is said in done.

We didnt get left behind when the Big XII was formed because of any lack of effort on trying to pull strings at the last minute. We got left behind because our athletic programs, most notably king football, were simply not good enough and hadnt been for some time. Thats hard to admit, but its true. We werent good enough when the Big XII formed to deserve an invite. Neither was Baylor, but they weaseled their way in, and left us out. Look where that has brought them. But we picked ourselves up and built oursleves into a powerhouse.

This time its different. In fact, its completely different. The fact that the media only talks about Texas and not us shouldnt suprise you. I promise you, behind the scenes, we are being talked about, and they are saying good things. We have become a real powerhouse in football and baseball, and that is a big deal. Regardless of where we land, I promise the only difference we will see from our current situation, will be improvement. If you think about it, we have only seen improvement in our conference affiliation int he 15 years since we were left out the Big XII. Both the move from the C-USA to the WAC, and from the WAC to the MWC were clearly upgrades. We have our administration to thank for that. So do whatever it is you do to relax, and let the people whos job it is, do what they have been doing quite well since we were left behind 15 years ago. We are about to get upgraded again, this time, I think it will really be into 1st class.

It was SWC to WAC to C-USA to MWC to ???????????????????????

Everything else is spot on

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I would think Boise State would be just as attractive if not more so than Utah or BYU. Not to mention that those two are very likely a package deal.

LionsBearsFrogs

Found this gem from ponyfans.com and haven't seen it here.

Re: Realignment: I Think We Are Screwed
by smupony94 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:23 pm

News here in Austin just said the UT and TCU ADs met today but no word on what was said. TCU and UT are playing baseball this weekend down here but kind of early for him to come to Austin

smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

micahjh

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 04:03 PM) [snapback]574208[/snapback]
It was SWC to WAC to C-USA to MWC to ???????????????????????

Everything else is spot on

ahh yes, I meant from WAC to C-USA, then C-USA to MWC. thank you.

weklfrog

The OP of this thread is a very strong candidate for stupid post of the year, and is in fact expected to dominate that category in this years award ceremonies.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 11:24 AM) [snapback]573795[/snapback]
<br />Benson?<br />

Meant Thompson but, now that I think about it, any Commissioner is better than Beebe so the initial post holds. Unless Benson is no longer a Commissioner in which case I will go to the penalty box for 5 minutes and feel shame.

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Jun 10 2010, 04:29 PM) [snapback]574254[/snapback]
The OP of this thread is a very strong candidate for stupid post of the year, and is in fact expected to dominate that category in this years award ceremonies.

seriously? thats rude.

you can't give a half retarded person an award for "stupid post of the year" That is normal for them. It's not fair to the Curts out there who work hard for their stupid posts.

Giving jugband an award for stupid post of the year is like rewarding Top for posting the most articles.

Btw, Thanks Top for all of your articles...

Jugband...not so much

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(froglicious @ Jun 10 2010, 04:35 PM) [snapback]574265[/snapback]
Meant Thompson but, now that I think about it, any Commissioner is better than Beebe so the initial post holds. Unless Benson is no longer a Commissioner in which case I will go to the penalty box for 5 minutes and feel shame.

Luckily for you, Benson is still a commissioner -- WAC. But, when that dissolves, he is rumored to be eyeballing the UIL.

froginaustin

QUOTE(roddog @ Jun 10 2010, 12:45 PM) [snapback]573854[/snapback]
af lmao, where did you come up with that 1?

Probably from (likely delirious) comments that Commissioner Beebe made.

tetonfrog

QUOTE(Tio Rana @ Jun 10 2010, 09:13 PM) [snapback]574229[/snapback]
ahh yes, I meant from WAC to C-USA, then C-USA to MWC. thank you.

And the MWC should become the final home for TCU. I would hope that our leadership is doing to make sure there are five 16-team conferences and that the MWC is one of them. If we add Boise, KU and K-State to make then we have a strong football league. We have three teams (Boise, Utah, Kansas) who have won five BCS bowls in our conference. I don't see how a Big East team is going to top that. And that's what we need to do: beat the Big East and become the fifth conference (MWC, SEC, PAC 16, Big 10, ACC) in the new era.

This is what they do: make our conference stronger for the future. I don't know why anyone would think that the Big 12 is going to get stronger after seven of its members leave. Let's pick off the best of the rest (this excludes Baylor) and move forward. Forget joining a new Big 12. It will have less respect than the old MWC.

tcudoc

According to this thread, they haven't had any conversations. From the looks of it, they don't even know any of this conference stuff is going on. They're probably in St. Bart's scuba diving, tripping on acid and playing with spider-monkeys

nm

tcudoc

Zoolander-02.jpg

Latest posts