• The KillerFrogs

Sitting around on our butts

JugbandFrog

This happened to us last time...sit around on our arse and we got screwed. Does Boschini really have the weight or even care to get us in the right position. We may not survive this next round of conference realignments. The landscape of college football and sports is likely to change all together.

At some point these Super Conferences will have so much moola that they will do away with the NCAA and do things themselves. OR they will institute measures that do not leave for competitive balance...paying players, etc...

I laugh when Baylor fans point to Ken Starr, but at least they have someone to point to. I bet he knows/cares about what needs to be done. Why is TCU so silent in all of this? Are we doing anything to PUT ourselves in the right position?

FrogAbroad

As highly as we at KFc may think of ourselves we probably are not the first go-to outlet the TCU administration will call with the latest updates on their activity on the university's behalf.

I think they are somewhat more active than "arse-sitting."

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:05 PM) [snapback]573740[/snapback]
This happened to us last time...sit around on our arse and we got screwed. Does Boschini really have the weight or even care to get us in the right position. We may not survive this next round of conference realignments. The landscape of college football and sports is likely to change all together.

At some point these Super Conferences will have so much moola that they will do away with the NCAA and do things themselves. OR they will institute measures that do not leave for competitive balance...paying players, etc...

I laugh when Baylor fans point to Ken Starr, but at least they have someone to point to. I bet he knows/cares about what needs to be done. Why is TCU so silent in all of this? Are we doing anything to PUT ourselves in the right position?

Quit being an idiot. You don't have the slightest clue what TCU and the conference is doing behind the scenes. I assure you it's not sitting on its thumbs. Jesus Christ, why the hell someone would post something like that ...

JimSwinkLives!

I was going to type a lengthy response to this, but on second thought its just not worth the keystrokes.

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 01:05 PM) [snapback]573740[/snapback]

What do you want us to do? We already had the vote on Boise, and are waiting - which was a damn good idea. We're actually sitting in a very good position right now. We pick up a couple of decent teams (i.e., KU, KSU, maybe Missou and Boise) and we've got ourselves an auto-bid. Heck, we probably already have the autobid, which is a hell of a lot better position than Baylor is in right now.

JugbandFrog

When you hear nothing...nothing is being done. its that simple. There is so much going on and so much talking and phone calling that if we WERE doing something, it would be out there, even just a tiny bit.

This is a new age where no one really does anything in secret. News would be out. Boschini would be flying places or doing something. The lack of any news is not good news for TCU.

We sat on our rears last time and we got screwed.

JugbandFrog

Also, i wouldnt be poking fun at Baylor because I have a feeling they are gonna end up just fine and still in a better position than us when it comes to money and conferences.

All the Big 12 needs to do is steal BYU and Utah and keep their Big 12. Where would we be then...Are you telling me that BYU and Utah wouldnt bolt if they got that invite?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:16 PM) [snapback]573768[/snapback]
When you hear nothing...nothing is being done. its that simple.

You just won't quit being stupid, will you? :wacko:

dweller

Something no one has mentioned yet, do you remember the ACC raids on the big least? The left behinds got to keep their auto bid in order to prevent a major law suit. The same thing could happen this time around with the big 12's jilted 5. They would get to keep their auto bid have to add at least three schools, and the bcs fraud marches on. :blink:

desmith03

On another note, Colorado was quiet while Baylor was belly-aching. How did that one work out for them?

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 10 2010, 11:13 AM) [snapback]573761[/snapback]
<br />Just because you aren't hearing anything doesn't mean the administration isn't doing anything.<br />

True. I think we have done it right. Work behind the seen and maintain dignity. Baylor has completely embarrassed themselves with their public whining. I think TCU and MWC have handled this beautifully.

Benson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beebe. Del Conte >>>>>>>>> Starr.

50FT FROG

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 05:19 PM) [snapback]573773[/snapback]
Also, i wouldnt be poking fun at Baylor because I have a feeling they are gonna end up just fine and still in a better position than us when it comes to money and conferences.
All the Big 12 needs to do is steal BYU and Utah and keep their Big 12. Where would we be then...Are you telling me that BYU and Utah wouldnt bolt if they got that invite?

not before texas and the rest bolt to the pac 10 ..... the big 12 is done ..... i would bet any notable team would laugh if they got a call from beebe right now ...... he would be selling oceanview cabins on the titanic.

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 01:16 PM) [snapback]573768[/snapback]
When you hear nothing...nothing is being done. its that simple. There is so much going on and so much talking and phone calling that if we WERE doing something, it would be out there, even just a tiny bit.

This is a new age where no one really does anything in secret. News would be out. Boschini would be flying places or doing something. The lack of any news is not good news for TCU.

We sat on our rears last time and we got screwed.

We just heard last week that we're not inviting Boise State right now. Isn't that "hearing something". And again, what can TCU do right now? Get a grip, man!

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 10 2010, 05:20 PM) [snapback]573777[/snapback]
On another note, Colorado was quiet while Baylor was belly-aching. How did that one work out for them?

Dude...Colorado is the pretty girl every one wants. Nebraska too. All the news reports said the Pac 10 wanted Colorado and they weren't quiet about it at all. Look at the news reports and the dates on those. Colorado wanted the Pac 10 and vice versa. It wasnt a shock that this happened.

I just feel we are gonna get screwed again and it is going to affect our long term future in a serious way.

Phil Snider

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 05:19 PM) [snapback]573773[/snapback]

Hey man the Big 12 is going to lose 7 teams. No I don't think BYU and Utah would move into a conference with Iowa St, Kansas St., Kansas, Baylor and Mizzou.

You seriously have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Our athletic director is a very sharp guy who isn't the type to sit around and wait for something to happen.

Chill out.