• The KillerFrogs

Sitting around on our butts

BABYFACE

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:16 PM) [snapback]573768[/snapback]
When you hear nothing...nothing is being done. its that simple. There is so much going on and so much talking and phone calling that if we WERE doing something, it would be out there, even just a tiny bit.

This is a new age where no one really does anything in secret. News would be out. Boschini would be flying places or doing something. The lack of any news is not good news for TCU.

We sat on our rears last time and we got screwed.

I would suggest prozac.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Metropolis777 @ Jun 10 2010, 12:23 PM) [snapback]573791[/snapback]
I wonder what the phone conversations between CDC, Boschini & Hyman have been like..........

According to this thread, they haven't had any conversations. From the looks of it, they don't even know any of this conference stuff is going on. They're probably in St. Bart's scuba diving, tripping on acid and playing with spider-monkeys

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
QUOTE(Phil Snider @ Jun 10 2010, 12:24 PM) [snapback]573797[/snapback]
Hey man the Big 12 is going to lose 7 teams. No I don't think BYU and Utah would move into a conference with Iowa St, Kansas St., Kansas, Baylor and Mizzou.

You seriously have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Our athletic director is a very sharp guy who isn't the type to sit around and wait for something to happen.

Chill out.

What he said. Just because jughead thinks we MIGHT get screwed, it is no reason to panic.

BABYFACE

Big 12 folds. If some how they stay intact and invie new members, eventually Kansas and Mizzou are next targets and thus the big gets raided again. None of the leftover schools in the bIg 12, with the exception of Byalor is sticking for their long term. They will jump to then next better suitor, thus this why the Big 12 is done. Some of y'all are having a hard time grasping that. There is no Nebraska, OU, or UT to anchor this conference to.

Armadillo

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 05:05 PM) [snapback]573740[/snapback]
This happened to us last time...sit around on our arse and we got screwed. Does Boschini really have the weight or even care to get us in the right position. We may not survive this next round of conference realignments. The landscape of college football and sports is likely to change all together.

At some point these Super Conferences will have so much moola that they will do away with the NCAA and do things themselves. OR they will institute measures that do not leave for competitive balance...paying players, etc...

I laugh when Baylor fans point to Ken Starr, but at least they have someone to point to. I bet he knows/cares about what needs to be done. Why is TCU so silent in all of this? Are we doing anything to PUT ourselves in the right position?

First of all...crude. Second of all...YES, our administration and University Leadership has worked so hard in the last 15+ years to put us in a position to be a successful program that they have decided just sit around and do nothing. Great assumption on your part. Finally...I'm sure they have a red hotline directly to KF.c with any and all updates!!!

D

Daniel Plainview

Guy's, give jugband a break, he's half retarded. He doesn't realize the things he says are so stupid. We just need to support him through all of this because at least he's trying to add to the conversation.

rynosdad

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:05 PM) [snapback]573740[/snapback]
This happened to us last time...sit around on our arse and we got screwed. Does Boschini really have the weight or even care to get us in the right position. We may not survive this next round of conference realignments. The landscape of college football and sports is likely to change all together.

At some point these Super Conferences will have so much moola that they will do away with the NCAA and do things themselves. OR they will institute measures that do not leave for competitive balance...paying players, etc...

I laugh when Baylor fans point to Ken Starr, but at least they have someone to point to. I bet he knows/cares about what needs to be done. Why is TCU so silent in all of this? Are we doing anything to PUT ourselves in the right position?

Read the sign in your picture.

Nick Danger

QUOTE(Metropolis777 @ Jun 10 2010, 12:23 PM) [snapback]573791[/snapback]
I wonder what the phone conversations between CDC, Boschini & Hyman have been like..........

That's what I'm wonderin'... :wink:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Daniel Plainview @ Jun 10 2010, 12:37 PM) [snapback]573830[/snapback]
Guy's, give jugband a break, he's half retarded. He doesn't realize the things he says are so stupid. We just need to support him through all of this because at least he's trying to add to the conversation.

I put jugbanddumbass on ignore.

macaroni

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 11:24 AM) [snapback]573795[/snapback]
Benson?

benson.jpg

YA

The only way we are screwed is IF Texas decides to stay in the Big 12. If that were to occur, the Pac-10 deal is off and they grab Utah. The Big 12 grabs BYU and Air Force and then and only then are we screwed.

It all hinges on Texas at this point.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(Daniel Plainview @ Jun 10 2010, 12:37 PM) [snapback]573830[/snapback]

Is that a direct quote from the TX/A&M meeting about Baylor?

roddog

Banned
QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 05:43 PM) [snapback]573849[/snapback]
The only way we are screwed is IF Texas decides to stay in the Big 12. If that were to occur, the Pac-10 deal is off and they grab Utah. The Big 12 grabs BYU and Air Force and then and only then are we screwed.

It all hinges on Texas at this point.

af lmao, where did you come up with that 1?

Houston Frog

Peter: "That virus you're always talking about, right? The one that could, uh, rip off the company for a bunch of money."
Michael: "Yeah, what about it?"
Peter: "Well, how does it work?"
Michael: "It's pretty brilliant. What it does is, every time there's a bank transaction where interest is computed, you know, thousands a day, the computer ends up with these fractions of a cent, which it usually rounds off. What this does is, it takes those little remainders and puts it into an account."
Peter: "This sounds familiar."
Michael: "Yeah, they did it in Superman III."
Peter: "Right."
Michael: "Yeah. Underrated movie, actually. And then there were a bunch of hackers, did it in the '70s as well. One of them got busted."
Peter: "Well, so they check for this now."
Michael: "No, here's the thing. Initech's so backed up with all the software we're updating for the year 2000, they'd never notice."
Peter: "You're right. And even if they wanted to, they couldn't check all that code."
Michael: "Thumbs up their arses. Thumbs up their arses."

rynosdad

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 10 2010, 12:49 PM) [snapback]573865[/snapback]
I can't believe Boschini has not come to Killerfrogs to tell us everything that's going on. I mean what's wrong with him?

He can't type with his thumb up his rear end! :biggrin:

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jun 10 2010, 12:05 PM) [snapback]573740[/snapback]
This happened to us last time...sit around on our arse and we got screwed.

You have ZERO clue what happened last time!

Eric Hyman especially, with Malcolm Louden and Victor Boschini, busted his [Deleted] to get TCU into a BCS conference. He even tried to get most of C-USA in -- and he damn near pulled it off. What circumvented his efforts was when C-USA commish Britton Banowsky saved his own job by surrending to the Big East.

I may get in trouble here, but this kind of ignorance really pisses me off! So I am going to give you a clue what the heck went on.

-- Hyman immediately went to the Big East and had a plan to bring C-USA's best parts -- and UH would have been in it -- to immediately reform the Big East. His proposal was very-well received by the Big East presidents. C-USA would have disappeared. (If you look up an alumni magazine at that time, Hyman is quoted as saying that he was pretty confident that TCU would be seated at the BCS table when everything settled.)

-- Banowsky woke up in his Lewisville bedroom/office and realized he was about to be unemployed. He ran to the BE commish and worked out a deal to give them Louisville, De Paul, Marquette, Cincinnati, South Florida -- and Charlotte and Saint Louis to the A-10. Banowsky would then raid the lower rungs of the WAC to reformulate his conference -- and keep his job.

-- When this shook down, suddenly TCU was on the outside and having to try to fight its way back in. TCU recruited help from American Airlines to show that trips from the Northeast to TCU were shorter and cheaper than trips to Miami (which had just left the conference), in an effort to fight arguments that the distance was too great.

-- TCU even floated the idea of football-only membership (and then find a home for other sports), just to get into the BCS.

-- TCU even contacted the ACC.

However, things didn't work out the way they wanted them to. (And, for the record, TCU was recruited by the MWC -- not the other way as so many want to claim.)

All those same factors are against them now. TCU brings football notoriety, but this is not about that. This is about TV -- and the fact is that TCU cannot deliver those numbers like huge state schools.

As much as I hate it, TCU has to squeeze into a BCS conference situation. It sucks! But it is reality.

I guarantee you that TCU is not sitting idle. They are working the phones.

But so is Baylor; so is South Florida; so is Memphis; so is Houston; so is Kansas; so is Kansas State. And you don't see anybody tripping over themselves to get any of them.

You need to stop ridiculous accusations and trust that TCU leadership is doing everything that it can -- but they can't sell to people that aren't willing to buy.