• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAcFroggy

He is obviously an amazing head coach. The hard work by him, the players, the BoT, Bochini, and a lot of other people went into making TCU baseball a great program over the past 15+ years.

Thanks for the memories, CJS.

Due to the work of all of those involved, the TCU baseball program should not have trouble finding a good replacement. Losing a coach like CJS might be hard to overcome, but I think we are in a good position to withstand the change.

TCUdirtbag

Exactly, yes yes yes. A lot has changed - apparently Jimmy has some marital issues and that’s gotta weigh on the situation. Let’s hope they can reconcile and get back together.

Jimmy has been great for TCU on and off the field. Anything less than a big THANK YOU is an embarrassment. Coach P shoulda done the same thing after the Rose Bowl. Things can get stale and folks need a change. Kirk will do a great job and bring much needed energy and new ideas. Can’t wait to see who all is on his staff. GO FROGS!!

The dude is going to be competing against TCU for recruits and likely with some regularity in the NCAA Tournament.

We absolutely do not have to give him an all-caps-thank-you. It’s not an “embarrassment” to be a college sports fan that values your school over one coach. Get off your silly high horse.

flyfishingfrog

He no longer wanted to be here. You don't want to keep someone around who doesn't want to be here.

Seems the administration made him promises regarding facilities and those weren't fulfilled while other programs got upgrades.

I don't blame him for leaving but after the way this season ended and the strange coaching decisions in the last two games it left a bad taste in many mouths.

Plus he left for A&M. At least CDC left for the most prestigious AD job in the country.
Well he is dead to me know also

but he did want to be here - you guys should all be more worried that this is the third time a top 3 sports coach at TCU has tried to leave and our AD hasn’t been able to prevent any of them

Schloss was only still here because Miss St pulled his offer in 2018

Dixon is only still here because UCLA refused to pay the buy out

we have a problem in the top office as much as we ever have one on the field or court

Pharm Frog

Okay ADJD...you’ve known about this for weeks. May have even greased the skids. Let’s see what you’ve got. I suspect the easy button has already been pressed.

wilson912

He is obviously an amazing head coach. The hard work by him, the players, the BoT, Bochini, and a lot of other people went into making TCU baseball a great program over the past 15+ years.

Thanks for the memories, CJS.

Due to the work of all of those involved, the TCU baseball program should not have trouble finding a good replacement. Losing a coach like CJS might be hard to overcome, but I think we are in a good position to withstand the change.

You nailed it! Let JS move on and yes TCU will attract many good candidates (JS did a good job developing coaches) even though Saarloos likely has the inside track. Hopefully JS’ kids are good and continue their education at TCU.

bp4tcu

He no longer wanted to be here. You don't want to keep someone around who doesn't want to be here.

Seems the administration made him promises regarding facilities and those weren't fulfilled while other programs got upgrades.

I don't blame him for leaving but after the way this season ended and the strange coaching decisions in the last two games it left a bad taste in many mouths.

Plus he left for A&M. At least CDC left for the most prestigious AD job in the country.
This is so asinine I can barely wrap my head around it. So A&M doesn't offer him, you fire him? People on here would lose their [ Finebaum ] if that happend. Give ma break.

And I WISH he would have left for a more prestigious job. I don't want to get into the whole discussion of if A&M is a better program than us, but it'd certainly soften the blow if he went to a 'better' school.

Yall are burring your heads in the sand about this. I get that that makes accepting it easier, but I'm struggling to find the positive in this.

Meanwhile, our in state, in conference rival plays on having just signed their HOF coach to a lifetime deal.

Sucks.

Pharm Frog

Saarloos HC
Mosiello hitting
Purke promoted to pitching?

Well that would be the ultimate in easy button thinking. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see it happen. That said....if it did....ADJD needs to be fired retroactively to the date of his hire.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It’s always hard to get dumped by the hot girl and want to her to find happiness with her new guy. You always remember the good times you had, but I hope her heart gets crushed at her next stop. Especially when her new guy wears overalls and walks barefoot in sheep [ Finebaum ]e…

East Coast

Tier 1
Well he is dead to me know also

but he did want to be here - you guys should all be more worried that this is the third time a top 3 sports coach at TCU has tried to leave and our AD hasn’t been able to prevent any of them

Schloss was only still here because Miss St pulled his offer in 2018

Dixon is only still here because UCLA refused to pay the buy out

we have a problem in the top office as much as we ever have one on the field or court
BINGO - though the problem could lie just as firmly with our board as the AD - what's your take?

wilson912

The dude is going to be competing against TCU for recruits and likely with some regularity in the NCAA Tournament.

We absolutely do not have to give him an all-caps-thank-you. It’s not an “embarrassment” to be a college sports fan that values your school over one coach. Get off your silly high horse.

Nonsense. You can be both the card carrying fan who will root against Jimmy going forward but also acknowledge Jimmy’s pivotal role in the progression of this program that we hold near and dear. Not on a high horse, both feet firmly on the ground. Really excited for the future of the program.

Frozen Frog

It is a tough loss for TCU, but far from devastating. There were some great years, and he will be missed. I guess A&M finally found a way to stop losing to Schlossnagle in the NCAA tournament. I don't think this a great move for either party. A&M is moving further in to obscurity while their tolerance for losing is decreasing. That is a bad combination. They can chant SEC all they want while others win titles and they are stuck at home watching.

I think a lot of people need to look at the TCU program over the past few years. Name the best series win this year. Two years ago TCU barely made it in to the tournament. In 2018 there was no NCAA tournament for the Frogs. I am not saying there weren't other factors. I probably have more tempered expectations than most on this board, but if you look at the recent history it might tell a story as why some at TCU weren't necessarily fighting to keep Schlossnagle like many fans wanted.

This is going to be a make or break hire for Donati. He can't afford to screw this up this move. All of the pieces are in place to make a great hire, and there are a ton of great candidates.

wilson912

This is so asinine I can barely wrap my head around it. So A&M doesn't offer him, you fire him? People on here would lose their sh!t if that happend. Give ma break.

And I WISH he would have left for a more prestigious job. I don't want to get into the whole discussion of if A&M is a better program than us, but it'd certainly soften the blow if he went to a 'better' school.

Yall are burring your heads in the sand about this. I get that that makes accepting it easier, but I'm struggling to find the positive in this.

Meanwhile, our in state, in conference rival plays on having just signed their HOF coach to a lifetime deal.

Sucks.

The difference is Tadlock wanted to be there, that’s his dream job. Jimmy clashed a bit in recent times with the administration re facilities, tuition, etc. Plus the apparent personal stuff doesn’t help. He simply was ready for a change. We are gonna be fine.

Reactions: WIN

jake102

Nonsense. You can be both the card carrying fan who will root against Jimmy going forward but also acknowledge Jimmy’s pivotal role in the progression of this program that we hold near and dear. Not on a high horse, both feet firmly on the ground. Really excited for the future of the program.

You leave for Baylor, aTm, UT, Tech, SMU (in that order) and you are a traitor. You are joining our biggest competitors for recruits and results and rivalry hate. I would have rooted for Schloss at Miss State no problem, but he’s a Benedict Arnold POS traitor now

flyfishingfrog

Have wanted Jimmy ever since he ended our season in back to back years. Hope he continues to be successful at A&M like he was at TCU.

With TCU’s facilities and the town of Fort Worth I’m sure y’all will get another good one, maybe even better. We have some work to do recruiting players.
you better hope Schloss continues his ability to find great assistants - because you have about 8 years of him in total and he can't spend the first 5 trying to find assistants that are good because they are who actually are the ones that do all the work in his system....

Status
Not open for further replies.