• The KillerFrogs

Schadenfreude Weekend -- Championship Week Games Open Thread (w/ CFB & TCU Athletics TV Schedule)

LVH

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
They kept ND high because of a close Clemson loss. I'm telling you that Batlor [ Finebaum ]ting the bed is not good for us.

UNC's SOS is really bad

HoustonVeer

LVH said:

Must be nice having an auto bid. Didn't exist when we went to BCS bowls, had to earn our way in 

Dude, there were always six autobids.  In the old days, the 8-team Big East had the sixth bid.  Five of those teams left, and so now the three leftovers plus about 60 other schools have to compete for that sixth bid.

By the way, the American has five teams among the Top 35 in the nation per the final AP Poll.  That's more than the ACC (3) or Big 12 (4) and the same as the Pac 12.  It's not like the American was chopped liver this year.  We had to beat out those teams plus the MWC, CUSA and MAC champs who were also Top 35.

What we did this year was at least as stringent as what the old Big East teams had to do.  We earned it with three Top 25 wins in November/December.

LVH

HoustonVeer said:

Dude, there were always six autobids.  In the old days, the 8-team Big East had the sixth bid.  Five of those teams left, and so now the three leftovers plus about 60 other schools have to compete for that sixth bid.

By the way, the American has five teams among the Top 35 in the nation per the final AP Poll.  That's more than the ACC (3) or Big 12 (4) and the same as the Pac 12.  It's not like the American was chopped liver this year.  We had to beat out those teams plus the MWC, CUSA and MAC champs who were also Top 35.

What we did this year was at least as stringent as what the old Big East teams had to do.  We earned it with three Top 25 wins in November/December.

Why did you make the cutoff Top 35? Why not 30? Why not 40? Why not 25? Why not 20? 

You remind me of those idiot gambling touts like RJ Bell who use worthless trends like "Team X is 15-4 ATS in their last 19 games when playing on the road as a dog in a dome". Why is 19 the cutoff? Why not 20? 21? 22? 18? 17?

HoustonVeer

LVH said:

Why did you make the cutoff Top 35? Why not 30? Why not 40? Why not 25? Why not 20? 
You remind me of those idiot gambling touts like RJ Bell who use worthless trends like "Team X is 15-4 ATS in their last 19 games when playing on the road as a dog in a dome". Why is 19 the cutoff? Why not 20? 21? 22? 18? 17?

If you prefer, we could look at the Top 25:

American - 3
SEC  - 4
ACC - 3
Pac 12 - 3
Big 12 - 4

Moose Stuff

HoustonVeer said:

If you prefer, we could look at the Top 25:

American - 3
SEC  - 4
ACC - 3
Pac 12 - 3
Big 12 - 4
Line up the American top to bottom against the PAC........

Stanford/UH
Oregon/Temple
USC/Navy
Utah/Memphis
UCLA/USF
WSU/Cincy
Cal/UConn
ASU/Tulsa
Wash/ECU
Zona/Tulane
Colorado/SMU
Ore St/UCF

I'll give Memphis a shot against Utah and maybe Cincy vs WSU. That's about it. Stanford jackhammers UH.

MTfrog5

HoustonVeer said:

Because I pull for the Frogs to beat everybody not named Houston.  Although some of you are trying to make that more difficult . . .
Then talk TCU cause nobody cares about Houston here

Latest posts