• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: TCU’s Sebastian Gorzny entering transfer portal

Hemingway

TCU had had several very solid (one or two of which were perhaps elite) recruiting classes in 1981-1984. The Frogs were very close to a SWC crown in ‘84 but fell apart against UT and A&M at the end of the season- just didn’t have enough healthy guys as I recall. Wacker’s doing the right thing was the wrong thing at that time.
I covered the football team my sophomore year in '91 for the Skiff and that was Wacker's last year at TCU (7-4). He still talked about the probation and what might have been. It was the look of a man who suffered a tragic loss in a car wreck - haunted eyes, low voice........for a guy who was always super upbeat, it was such a shocking reversal of attitude/personality.
We still don’t get invited to the Big 12. Nothing changes that

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I covered the football team my sophomore year in '91 for the Skiff and that was Wacker's last year at TCU (7-4). He still talked about the probation and what might have been. It was the look of a man who suffered a tragic loss in a car wreck - haunted eyes, low voice........for a guy who was always super upbeat, it was such a shocking reversal of attitude/personality.
He put his faith and trust in the NCAA, and they screwed him good for it. I don't believe he had any idea what they truly were, and he, his players, and TCU suffered for it.

The scumbags at the NCAA (and they haven't improved a whit) broke a good man with that. I believe Jim Wacker would have wound up a giant in the College Football world had he not been kneecapped. He had the personality, drive, and infectious positivity that made everybody around him somehow believe the impossible was just a matter of working through with a smile. A happy warrior.

westoverhillbilly

He put his faith and trust in the NCAA, and they screwed him good for it. I don't believe he had any idea what they truly were, and he, his players, and TCU suffered for it.

The scumbags at the NCAA (and they haven't improved a whit) broke a good man with that. I believe Jim Wacker would have wound up a giant in the College Football world had he not been kneecapped. He had the personality, drive, and infectious positivity that made everybody around him somehow believe the impossible was just a matter of working through with a smile. A happy warrior.
Indeed Jim Wacker was a wonderful human being and was on his way to doing great things at TCU when the NCAA put the screws to him (and TCU).

Endless Purple

Got curious so..

Gorzny gets the exciting final win to claim the national title over UT. So I guess UT gives him more money and now he is at UT.

If you can't beat them, buy them - new motto of college sports.

Froglaw

I’d put in their NIL contracts. Win a Ring and then transfer out, the ring is forfeited back to TCU with the right to sell it on the open market.

Want our NC ring, EBay and you’ll need to out bid the collectors.

What a cow flop!