• The KillerFrogs

Salsa Limon

masterfrog

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/10great/story/2011/04/10-great-places-to-bite-into-a-burrito/46613296/1

USA Today picked them as one of the best 10 places in the country to grab a burrito. Apparently they have a truck on Berry next to The Cellar and another permanent spot on the South Freeway somewhere.

We talk about Chipotle and Freebirds a lot, but what about this place? Any burrito faithful out there for Salsa Limon?

frogs9497

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/10great/story/2011/04/10-great-places-to-bite-into-a-burrito/46613296/1

USA Today picked them as one of the best 10 places in the country to grab a burrito. Apparently they have a truck on Berry next to The Cellar and another permanent spot on the South Freeway somewhere.

We talk about Chipotle and Freebirds a lot, but what about this place? Any burrito faithful out there for Salsa Limon?

frogs9497

Good stuff but beware their hot sauce. Couldn't seem to put that fire out with any amount of beer. My buddies got a good laugh though.

TCU2012

Pretty much everything there is really good and they have great sauces. They're just a little hot if you're not Hispanic/used to it.

Suckers.

halfwaytoheaven

Ah, Salsa Limon. For when you just don't feel like walking across the street to Fuzzy's. But seriously, that food cart by the Cellar serves some very tasty tacos very quickly. And it looks like they expanded the seating recently, so that's a good sign.

michaelperrytcu

Ah, Salsa Limon. For when you just don't feel like walking across the street to Fuzzy's. But seriously, that food cart by the Cellar serves some very tasty tacos very quickly. And it looks like they expanded the seating recently, so that's a good sign.

Salsa Limon is 1000 times better than Fuzzy's. Fuzzy's is only good for getting drunk and munching on queso and chips and joining the lady cook in a good "UH HUH".

masterfrog

I had never even heard of the place, but for anybody to rank it among the best ten burritos in the nation (especially someone like USA Today), that is pretty high praise.

WIN

I had never even heard of the place, but for anybody to rank it among the best ten burritos in the nation (especially someone like USA Today), that is pretty high praise.

Yes, makes one think the author came to this desision after a night spent making the Pub, Hi-Hat and Hop round.

FrogAbroad

The Hi-Hat is still there? That hole-in-the-ground on Berry?

Man...such memories of pickled sausages and boiled eggs and McHale's Navy reruns and...

Limp Lizard

Lengua Burrito + Habanero Sauce + Mexican Coke = Meal of Champions
Then lock yourself in a small room with a criminal suspect...confession guaranteed....whether he did it or not.
cool.gif

Frog_Fan71

I tried the steak burrito yesterday but the guy left off the habanero sauce that I asked for. Still a good burrito though, and the Mexican Coke was just how I remember American Coke tasted those many years ago before they went cheap.

Frog_Fan71

I went back today to give them another shot. I got the same burrito and this time the guy included the habanero sauce. I must say, that with the sauce, it is a fantastic burrito. I saved the rest of the sauce so I could drink it down, since I'd hate for it to go to waste. I agree that this burrito is better than Chipotle and Freebirds.

TCURiggs

Just had it for the first time today, and I thought it was great. I went with a barbacoa and chorizo burrito and it was damn tasty. I sauced it with the habanero and I didn't think it was all that hot. It had a good taste though. I'll definitely be going back.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Just had it for the first time today, and I thought it was great. I went with a barbacoa and chorizo burrito and it was damn tasty. I sauced it with the habanero and I didn't think it was all that hot. It had a good taste though. I'll definitely be going back.

Went there for dinner tonight and had the same burrito. You are right, it was tasty.

I'll definitely be back