• The KillerFrogs

Ross Blacklock

Moose Stuff

going glass half full...thinking positive!....we lost Devonte Fields before the 2014 season, and at the time we thought that season was over....as we well know it turned out to be a pretty good one! NEXT MAN UP!

Agree. Banogu, Collier, and Bethley are an easily above avg trio at the other theee spots. We’ve got Ellis/Broadnax/Cooper to fill in for Ross and solid depth at DE. We’ll be worse without Ross but not as bad as some of you are acting like we will be.

Eight

Agree. Banogu, Collier, and Bethley are an easily above avg trio at the other theee spots. We’ve got Ellis/Broadnax/Cooper to fill in for Ross and solid depth at DE. We’ll be worse without Ross but not as bad as some of you are acting like we will be.

agree and find it interesting that a site that just a short time ago was touting the depth and talent of the d-line as not only among the best in the 12 but possibly the country goes braindead over the loss of one player. yes, he is a big player physically and in the role he can play. this team isn't 1 deep anymore and i think some people are going to be surprised what cooper and ellis bring to the position

frogs9497

lYDmo1w.gif

081617_gif_stil_bos_first_pitch.gif

Limey Frog

This is why August sucks. The only other kind of actually substantive football news you can ever get about your team than "important player X is dead" is "important Y was arrested carrying cocaine in a suitcase out of Bogota".

CountryFrog

We won't be bad because of a single injury but this is a huge loss. I'm sure the guys behind him are good players, but he was one of the few at that position who actually had starting experience. We were already pretty young and inexperienced at DT, now we're even more so.

Wexahu

agree and find it interesting that a site that just a short time ago was touting the depth and talent of the d-line as not only among the best in the 12 but possibly the country goes braindead over the loss of one player. yes, he is a big player physically and in the role he can play. this team isn't 1 deep anymore and i think some people are going to be surprised what cooper and ellis bring to the position

I hope you’re right and I’m optimistic. With this one injury though we are now again undersized along the D-line, RB was the one guy who had the potential to kind of be an immovable force inside.

jake102

We won't be bad because of a single injury but this is a huge loss. I'm sure the guys behind him are good players, but he was one of the few at that position who actually had starting experience. We were already pretty young and inexperienced at DT, now we're even more so.

FWIW Broadnax and Bethley have starting experience.

I think the BIG downside of this, is that one more injury, and it gets iffy.... and we haven't played a game yet. That's what hurts about August injuries

True enough. I'm sure that we'll have a competent player to replace him but that's still a big drop off from a guy who is an NFL type DT and is simply at another level than anyone we've had inside in my memory. There is no way around just acknowledging what a huge loss this is.

Eight

I hope you’re right and I’m optimistic. With this one injury though we are now again undersized along the D-line, RB was the one guy who had the potential to kind of be an immovable force inside.

[ What the heck? ]? undersized? ellis, bethley, broadnax, and tuaua are all just at over 300 lbs.

where do some of you people come us with this stuff? we aren't playing 260 lbs. defensive tackles. cooper is the smallest one in the 280's

Moose Stuff

True enough. I'm sure that we'll have a competent player to replace him but that's still a big drop off from a guy who is an NFL type DT and is simply at another level than anyone we've had inside in my memory. There is no way around just acknowledging what a huge loss this is.

People can treat this however they want but I’m gonna stick to the idea that we have legitimate talent at every position on the field, good depth at most of them, and one injury isn’t gonna tank our season.

Wexahu

[ What the heck? ]? undersized? ellis, bethley, broadnax, and tuaua are all just at over 300 lbs.

where do some of you people come us with this stuff? we aren't playing 260 lbs. defensive tackles. cooper is the smallest one in the 280's

Well, ok, if you say so. They are listed at those weights. Blacklock was listed at 6’4”, 329 lbs. I’d bet you anything you want that if Broadnax and Tuua went to the NFL combine tomorrow both would be under 6’0”, and Bethley and Ellis might barely be 6’0”. Having good size isn’t just about weight. Agree to disagree, but RB is the one kid we have (had) who has prototype size for an interior D-lineman. Doesn’t mean those other guys can’t get the job done, but we’ll have to do it a bit differently.

AroundWorldFrog

People can treat this however they want but I’m gonna stick to the idea that we have legitimate talent at every position on the field, good depth at most of them, and one injury isn’t gonna tank our season.
I didn't see anyone say our season was over, but if anyone believes we won't miss Blacklock or that'll we'll be as good, they're scheissing delusional. Period.

LisaLT

Agree 100%. Imagine if every time an injury happens thinking NO ONE can replace that person. College football would be doomed.