• The KillerFrogs

Ross Blacklock

LisaLT

This is why we have to build big xii depth. And we have it on the Dline.

No, we won’t be as good as we would with Ross, but this is an injury we can sustain. Still pumped for a very exited season.
We don't know we won't be as good. Let's hold that thought and see how the other do and think positive. This is a BIG chance for another player to prove himself. I am thinking positively for now that we won't miss a beat. Fingers crossed.

TRF51

Did we bring in any DTs in this class? If we run out of bodies at this position, is there a chance we move over a olinemen?

Anyone who thinks our DL is going to be just as good w/o Ross is just trying to be positive. A guy that size with his motor is hard to replace and I can’t see guys that are 25-40 pounds lighter are going to have the same kind of production.

I hope the guys playing in his place are just as effective.

People can treat this however they want but I’m gonna stick to the idea that we have legitimate talent at every position on the field, good depth at most of them, and one injury isn’t gonna tank our season.
I wouldn't disagree with that and I'm not sure what about my post you quoted would have suggested that I thought one injury would "tank" the season. Perhaps one of the skills that you have that allows you to be the self-appointed adjudicator of what is or is not a good or well reasoned post is to detect hidden meanings in a message that were unknown to even its author.

Bizarro Frog

Just saw it was an Achilles injury. Been there and done that. It freaking sucks. I hope he comes back 100% next year.

Does anyone know how it happened?

Hang in there Ross!!!!

f_399

We are at the point in our recruiting cycle that we have depth. If this happened early in our big 12 years, it would be a season ended.

Coach p knows we have depth and he is the best defensive mind on the planet, he will figure something out.

Moose Stuff

I wouldn't disagree with that and I'm not sure what about my post you quoted would have suggested that I thought one injury would "tank" the season. Perhaps one of the skills that you have that allows you to be the self-appointed adjudicator of what is or is not a good or well reasoned post is to detect hidden meanings in a message that were unknown to even its author.

Maybe I just quoted your post but the comment wasn’t directed right at you.

Moose Stuff

Anyone who thinks our DL is going to be just as good w/o Ross is just trying to be positive. A guy that size with his motor is hard to replace and I can’t see guys that are 25-40 pounds lighter are going to have the same kind of production.

I hope the guys playing in his place are just as effective.

Same thing I said above..... let me know when you find one of these people.

f_399

I think we all know we can't replace a guy like that.

It may take a combination of players and others having to step up.

Someone is going to unexpectedly get more reps, next man up!

CountryFrog

Well, ok, if you say so. They are listed at those weights. Blacklock was listed at 6’4”, 329 lbs. I’d bet you anything you want that if Broadnax and Tuua went to the NFL combine tomorrow both would be under 6’0”, and Bethley and Ellis might barely be 6’0”. Having good size isn’t just about weight. Agree to disagree, but RB is the one kid we have (had) who has prototype size for an interior D-lineman. Doesn’t mean those other guys can’t get the job done, but we’ll have to do it a bit differently.
Being shorter at the DT position isn't necessarily a bad thing. You don't want to be 5'6" or something ridiculous like that, but I'm not worried about the size of the other guys. Some might say that 6'4" is borderline too tall for a DT.

Last edited:

dawg

arv.gif

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

giphy.gif

FrogLifeYo

Horrible any way you look at it. Big Ross put in more off season work than almost any Frog..This is a real bummer.

The silver lining is another young guy gets to make a name for himself..We would have never been able to overcome this years ago. Ellis and Cooper will surprise..