• The KillerFrogs

Rod Gilmore

TEUFELI

Play by play - "did TCU smash that non-AQ vs AQ thing?"

Bob - "I don't really view TCU as a "non-AQ". I recruited against them in the SWC. this isn't a Boise or a Nevada. I don't even look at them as a non-AQ. that's a heck of a program." (not verbatim, but that was the essence of it)

He then asked Rod - "what do you think?"

Rod - "yep"

PurplePutt

Bob Davies: "I don't consider TCU non-AQ. I spent nine years recruiting against them in the SWC and that is a very, very, good program."

Dogfrog

Well, Bob...You recruited for nine years against SMU, Houston, and Rice in the SWC too. So you don't consider them non AQ?

BSUftw

TCU
Athletic Budget: $46.5 million

Utah
Athletic Budget: $27.8 million

Boise State
Athletic Budget: $25.8 milion

Nevada
Athletic Budget: $20 million

Yikes! :tongue:

TAINTed frog

TCU
Athletic Budget: $46.5 million

Utah
Athletic Budget: $27.8 million

Boise State
Athletic Budget: $25.8 milion

Nevada
Athletic Budget: $20 million

Yikes! :tongue:

soooo, we're not small time? i guess i'm too dense to understand your Yikes and Tongue sticking out emoticon.

macaroni

I guess that's a compliment to say we're not really AQ, but I wish a talking head would just admit that the entire concept of the AQ/nonAQ designations is completely arbitrary and unjust. To brand someone at a given point in history and use it to limit access and financial opportunity makes no more sense than Jim Crow laws did.

GordonGecko

WOW So it turns out Bob Davie is an idiot after all. They put up a graphic discussing who is the best 1 loss team (Either Boise, Standford, or OSU). Bob Davie then responds, "I'm going to have to go off the board (Is he thinking Nevada?)" Then he says "If there was a plus one, the winner of the Aub/Ore game should play........

Alabama"

mcturner

WOW So it turns out Bob Davie is an idiot after all. They put up a graphic discussing who is the best 1 loss team (Either Boise, Standford, or OSU). Bob Davie then responds, "I'm going to have to go off the board (Is he thinking Nevada?)" Then he says "If there was a plus one, the winner of the Aub/Ore game should play........

Alabama"

Just heard him say this too... They are 3-loss Bob!

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area

Alabama"

Wow - maybe someone needs to know that Auburn already played that team. Maybe they should also comment that Davies needs to learn how to count to "two", as in "Alabama has 2 losses, not one". Then they could further comment that in deed Alabama has lost 3, count 'em 3 games. How many tries do they get?

tcujsauce

Wow - maybe someone needs to know that Auburn already played that team. Maybe they should also comment that Davies needs to learn how to count to "two", as in "Alabama has 2 losses, not one". Then they could further comment that in deed Alabama has lost 3, count 'em 3 games. How many tries do they get?

I suppose he never watched Seseame Street growing up.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I e-mailed CDC with my plan to get Rod Gilmore off ESPN. He e-mailed me right back and said it was a good idea and he'd bring it up at the office today. CDC is awesome.