• The KillerFrogs

Robinson to have surgery

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
No matter what your source says, there is NO WAY the coaches weren’t playing who they thought was the best option. Their main job is to win games. There are lots of players who play way better in practice then games and vice versa. Sometimes coaches don’t even realize what they have until the lights come on.
Lol

LisaLT

I'm mad at KT. He's a senior this year and graduating (I hope) and then gets involved in this kind of situation?? How hard is it to stay out of trouble for 4 years while in school - especially with a real chance to get drafted next year. I just don't get it. I always thought he was a leader for the this team. I hope this turns out to be nothing serious.

TX_Krötenechse

With Collins hand injury, we need to be thinking about backup options for him. Mule is a solid guy with years of practice behind him but zero meaningful game experience. Behind him are walk-ons.

Wexahu

I'm mad at KT. He's a senior this year and graduating (I hope) and then gets involved in this kind of situation?? How hard is it to stay out of trouble for 4 years while in school - especially with a real chance to get drafted next year. I just don't get it. I always thought he was a leader for the this team. I hope this turns out to be nothing serious.

A lot of these kids don't think about the future, not for one minute. They might have dreams of playing in the NFL but they don't really understand anything beyond that. I would guess that KT, whether he graduates or not, will be almost totally ill-prepared for life other than what he can do on a football field. That's not a knock on our coaching staff or program, that's just reality. There's only so much you can do with some of these kids. They grow up in a certain environment and it's just hard to get through to them.

Wexahu

no waiver wire in college so you pretty much covered the options

Just a hunch here, if Collins happens to get hurt the Wildcat is going to become a staple of the offense, not a situational gimmick. I'm not sure Muhlstein is the backup anyway, there may be another kid or two ahead of him.

Planks

Just a hunch here, if Collins happens to get hurt the Wildcat is going to become a staple of the offense, not a situational gimmick. I'm not sure Muhlstein is the backup anyway, there may be another kid or two ahead of him.

Unfortunately the guy who ran a ton of wildcat in HS and actually throws a fairly good football is Turpin....

Dogfrog

This has nothing to do with what you said but I’m sick of hearing the Ballard and why he didn’t play sooner. The Gunn was battled through tons of injuries yes but to win a job you have to do something in practice to win it. From everything I’ve ever heard Gunn would still out play Ballard in every way possible. Granted I love that Ballard was about to get the job eventually and everything he ended up doing. To take a job away you you still have to do something in practice unless the other player simply can’t go.

Generally agree but the single biggest personnel blunder in GP’s tenure was trotting a completely beat up Gunn out there against SMU in ‘05. He was beat up badly in the OU game and gutted it out but just was not physically able to play the next week. Maybe Ballard didn’t win the job in practice but GP and Winder lost that game by playing Gunn.