• The KillerFrogs

Rivals: TCU's Luper moves to top of Auburn list

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Rivals: TCU's Luper moves to top of Auburn list

Jay G. Tate • AuburnSports.com
@JayGTate

TCU co-offensive coordinator Curtis Luper has risen to the top of Gus Malzahn's wish list in his search for a new assistant coach, a pair of Auburn sources have confirmed for AuburnSports.com.

Auburn parted ways with running backs coach Tim Horton last week after six seasons.

Luper, who has coached running backs since the 1990s, spent four seasons at Auburn beginning in 2009. He reported to Malzahn, who then served as the Tigers' coordinator, for three of those seasons.

Read more at https://auburn.rivals.com/news/luper-moves-to-the-top-of-au-s-list?yptr=yahoo

McFroggin

Why would Luper take a demotion to Auburn? Only makes sense if we are firing him. co-OC to RB coach ia not a good career trajectory.

Moose Stuff

He’s got a son who’s gonna be a HS SR next year. Timing for a move may not be ideal. He would also be joining the staff of a HC that was on the verge of losing his job this year.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
He’s got a son who’s gonna be a HS SR next year. Timing for a move may not be ideal. He would also be joining the staff of a HC that was on the verge of losing his job this year.

He's also got a daughter whose an absolute stud VB player, and I think she has two more years as well.

BABYFACE

I don’t usually bring JC’s stuff over here but since he did an article, I expect it will be available on the public board in a day or two.

Luper turned down Auburn’s offer. Auburn has yet to come back with a second offer.

Interesting note: New Auburn OC makes 500k. Luper reportedly makes around 700k at TCU.