• The KillerFrogs

Rivals.com: Thomas wants a Horned Frog offer

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Rivals.com: Thomas wants a Horned Frog offer

By Jeremiah Glenn
PurpleMenace.com Staff Writer

The TCU Horned Frogs offense has turned into one of the nation’s most elite scoring machines over the last few years. One reason is TCU’s ability to put speedy playmakers at every skill position on the field. Gerald Thomas is just the type of player that makes the Horned Frog offense go. With the ball in his hands, Thomas is a threat to score from anywhere on the field and after talking to him, it’s clear that he thinks he would be a great fit in Ft. Worth. PurpleMenace.com caught up with Thomas after TCU’s camp this past Friday.

“This camp was a really good camp and I got a lot out of it” said Thomas. “I got to see some other guys at my position that were really good and I really liked how they divided up the linemen and the skill guys. It gave everyone a chance to get looked at.”

With 11 offers on the table from programs such as Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Colorado, Kansas and others, Thomas has plenty of options to choose from. ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Story didn't give his current school, size, position(s) he's playing (receiver based on stats but does he also play defense?)...

Limp Lizard

Sounds like a Kerley, only faster. Nice. Also, he already plays receiver and thus less transition, like there was with Kerley.

On another, very different note, I see the ad for Pacsun. Does that girl look disturbingly skinny to you? I guess before you kiss her you have to have her rinse the vomit out of her mouth.

Opintel

Moderators
Sounds like a Kerley, only faster. Nice. Also, he already plays receiver and thus less transition, like there was with Kerley.

On another, very different note, I see the ad for Pacsun. Does that girl look disturbingly skinny to you? I guess before you kiss her you have to have her rinse the vomit out of her mouth.
Hey! We're trying to eat breakfast here... :eek:hmy:

An-Cap Frog

I love it that he has TCU listed in his top three but as of yet does not have an offer. Watching the Pat Sullivan days I would have never thought that quality players like this would hold TCU in such high regard. As I get older I realize that life is short, time is precious, and it is certainly better to be a fan now than at any point in my lifetime. How much do we owe to the LHCGP and the events that took place a short decade ago?

Frog DJ

I love it that he has TCU listed in his top three but as of yet does not have an offer. Watching the Pat Sullivan days I would have never thought that quality players like this would hold TCU in such high regard. As I get older I realize that life is short, time is precious, and it is certainly better to be a fan now than at any point in my lifetime. How much do we owe to the LHCGP and the events that took place a short decade ago?
Well said, George - well said!

Go Frogs!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Wish we had more slots.

Some very good talent hoping for TCU offers including Thomas, Jalen Mills, Ferrando Joseph, Trey Keenan, Stephen Blake Davis, etc, etc.

I think Wheeler is in, just waiting to make the big announcement so 5 or 6 undecided with 2 you would think go to OL, especially OT, 1 to a DL (preferably a DT) and 1 to a LBer. So one or 2 open and you have some great talent already with offers and still high on TCU to finish up and a couple longshot studs but who are keeping TCU in the game.

Still a long way until Feb so you don't know what may open up, but dang this is a great class and really capitalizing on the last few seasons especially, but really many years of hard work by this staff.

SnoSki

“TCU, Iowa and Arizona are my top three” said Thomas. “Iowa and Arizona have already offered but if TCU offers and I can get into the rotation right away. I’ll probably verbal pretty soon. Like I said, I really like them.”

On the season last year, the senior to be had an awesome statline. 71 receptions for 1,185 yards and 12 Tds for a 16.7 yards per catch average. That’s solid any way you slice it.

With that kind of athleticism lining up in the slot for TCU year in and year out, Thomas could bring even more speed to an already electric group. Now, the question is, will TCU offer?

Love this.. good stats, good attitude, good measurables, loves TCU.. sounds like the kind of guy we want, to be honest.

Article says he ran a 4.37 forty..

P

PurpleDaze

Gerald Thomas plays at The Colony High School.
I know this kid personally and he is a great kid all the way around.
It would be a tragedy for TCU to let this kind of talent slip out of our own backyard.