• The KillerFrogs

Rhule to Carolina

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m glad Matt Rhule is leaving because Baylor doesn’t deserve him as a head coach. Is he a legendary coach like GP or on the same page as Lincoln? No. But after the circus that the country had to observe with Briles from the gang rape cover-ups, to the ignoring of Title IX, to Incarnate Word, to Pappadeaux, to Sam Ukwachu, to calling out Chris Peterson, to “head-to-head”, to players threatening our coach at midfield, to “get up god dammit!”, to the #CAB t-shirts...this fan base did not deserve a bowl game. And certainly didn’t deserve an 11-win season or NY6 bowl.

These players and coaches weren’t there from 2008-2015 and it’s a good story for Rhule and his team, but those [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty fans deserve 1-11 for a decade or more. See ya Rhule. I hope you win a Super Bowl in Carolina and that Baylor falls back into irrelevance.
I don’t have any warm and fuzzy feelings for Rhule like many others simply because of Charlie Brewer’s head. That was inexcusable.

McGregor's Goat

He did a good job at Baylor. They were in bad shape (because Briles is pond scum and they covered it up at an institutional level) when he got there. It could have turned into Kansas, but he rebuilt them quickly and made them good.

It's also true that he put a so obviously concussed player into a game that the ref made the player leave. So I don't think he's an angel (most coaches aren't). Anyway, I hope they make a terrible hire.

Moose Stuff

I'm a little surprised. I was wrong I didn't think he would leave Baylor.

Kinda upset. In my opinion I don't think Rhule is as good as people make him to be. I think his DC is good, Snow. He is leaving when his stock is high, very understandable.

I think a Sonny Dykes at Baylor is much more dangerous than Rhule. Dykes has a better offense, better assistant coaches, better at recruiting, and has a passion for southwest football. Dykes will stay until fired or retired at Baylor if given the opportunity because he loves this football in this area. Hope Dykes stays at SMU.

Gonna be real tough to be more dangerous than going from worst P5 team in the country to an overtime loss away from the CFP in 2 years. Had Rhule come out and said “I’m done interviewing for other jobs, I’m staying at Baylor” and then followed through on it you can take it to the bank that Baylor was just gonna keep winning a bunch of games.

InstaFrog

The hilarity of the whole thing is he never said he was staying in Waco. He simply said “that’s the plan”. Anyone with a functioning brain can see what a non answer that was. If you’re staying at Baylor you say “I’M STAYING AT BAYLOR”. Morons .
As we learned from CDC, all the "I'm here as long as you'll have me"(s) in the world mean ZERO when a job comes along that you want. Money may not make the world go-around, but we ain't talking charity work here either.

Apparently, the idea of any type of prolonged exposure to the baneful depravity that embodies Baylor was more than

Rhule was eager to endure.

I saw Rhule and family Sunday at brunch in Los Cabos. My BIL said, “Hey I read this morning you are headed to the NFL...” Rhule replied, “Yeah, I saw the same thing.” I figured the deal was done.