• The KillerFrogs

Report: UT, A&M to Big 10

desmith03

QUOTE(riffram2011 @ Jun 10 2010, 03:07 PM) [snapback]574116[/snapback]
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

Man, I'm so confused now.

If true, that means they shook off the "Tech problem."

riffram2011

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 10 2010, 03:09 PM) [snapback]574117[/snapback]

This whole thing was revenge for Crabtree's last-second touchdown. :biggrin:

BABYFACE

If true and it happens, the Big12 will need OU to stay. If OU leaves, then Big 12 is in implode mode.

UT sure is playing the field. Wonder whatthe PAC thinks?

Honestly, who knows at this point.

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:15 PM) [snapback]574130[/snapback]
This would be bad for the MWC because Utah to Pac-10 becomes a very real possibility again...

Not a preferable option, but I could live with replacing them with KU, KSU and Missouri. And maybe even Texas Tech?

macaroni

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 02:19 PM) [snapback]574136[/snapback]
Not a preferable option, but I could live with replacing them with KU, KSU and Missouri. And maybe even Texas Tech?

I think Tech definitely comes into play then, can't see Pac-10 taking that academic profile without the motivation of getting UT. If there are too many Big 12 leftovers then it stands to reason that they might do the plucking of the MWC instead of the other way around.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Anybody think we should just have a hopper with every school's name on a ping png ball, and we just start drawing out names?

Houston Frog

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:21 PM) [snapback]574140[/snapback]
I think Tech definitely comes into play then, can't see Pac-10 taking that academic profile without the motivation of getting UT. If there are too many Big 12 leftovers then it stands to reason that they might do the plucking of the MWC instead of the other way around.

Look something like this maybe?

TCU
BYU
Kansas St
Kansas
Mizzoo
Okie St
Baylor
Texas Tech
Iowa St
Air Force
Boise St
Colorado St
Wyoming
New Mexico

???

WIN

QUOTE(riffram2011 @ Jun 10 2010, 03:07 PM) [snapback]574116[/snapback]
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

Man, I'm so confused now.

Sounds like a compromise, ut wanted pac and a&m the sec.

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:21 PM) [snapback]574140[/snapback]
I think Tech definitely comes into play then, can't see Pac-10 taking that academic profile without the motivation of getting UT.

Exactly! Same for Oklahoma State. That Pac 10 offer dries up if OU goes to the SEC. I would look for either OSU or TT to be OU's partner. OU wants OSU (political pressure), SEC wants TT to enter Texas TV market.

I think T. Boone's money wins out on that battle.

AEAfrog

Suppose that would beg the question:

With A&M out of the picture, if the SEC decides to expand into Texas, do they take TCU or Tech?

Froginexile

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 10 2010, 03:09 PM) [snapback]574117[/snapback]

None of that makes sense.

How can NU and UT be in the same conference????????
If UT and TAMU leave for the big 10 without Tech and BU....how? Same issues.

OU to SEC...

If true, that means that OU kaboshed the move to the Pac10.

If UT goes...maybe NU is not going to go Big 10....

We need some actual facts. This is from KC, is WHB reporting this.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 10 2010, 03:22 PM) [snapback]574143[/snapback]
Anybody think we should just have a hopper with every school's name on a ping png ball, and we just start drawing out names?

Or we could do it playground style.....

UT, Florida, Ohio St, USC, and whichever ACC school could be the team captains, and then we just start picking teams

berryfrog95

this is what the Big 10 wanted all along?!?!?!?!? We knew this....the Big 10 wanted southern TV sets.....but UT was playing hard to get....

This new twist doesn't surprise me, I mentioned 4 weeks ago on here that Notre Dame and Texas were linked......

just going to sit back and watch and hope TCU can get picked up at the peek of our football apex....unlike when we were left out in '96 at a football low-point.....