• The KillerFrogs

Report: UT, A&M to Big 10

QUOTE(tyler durden @ Jun 10 2010, 04:52 PM) [snapback]574189[/snapback]
The only thing more insufferable than a Longhorn is a Buckeye. Can't imagine those two in a conference together. But one thing for sure -- Texas would no longer be a big fish in a small pond like in the Big 12.

Amen, brother. As I sit in my office, the next four offices down from me are full of OSU alums.

It's not so bad, though.

None of their egos can fit into their offices, so they're not around much.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(tyler durden @ Jun 10 2010, 03:52 PM) [snapback]574189[/snapback]
The only thing more insufferable than a Longhorn is a Buckeye.

This is true (just the part about Buckeye fans, I actually don't have a problem with most UT fans)

I don't think I've had more consistently bad impressions of alums from one school than I have of Ohio St... they really are the worst. It seems like everyone of them has a sweet soul-patch, barbed-wire tat, chin-strap beard, jean shorts, and/or sleeveless-shirt, to go along with the most obnoxious personality ever.

Turble

slicey

So, who would go to the SEC with OU?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and are in talks to join the conference, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10 . Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

713frog

QUOTE(rynosdad @ Jun 10 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]574266[/snapback]
More & more this is all starting to resemble a Chinese Christmas exchange party!

what does that entail? i'm curious...

tcudoc

QUOTE(The Main @ Jun 10 2010, 04:42 PM) [snapback]574274[/snapback]

Ask that slut Norma :tongue:

HFrog1999

You never did that? Consider yourself lucky. It's a whipping.

Everyone brings 1 gift then draws numbers, #1 picks a gift and opens it, #2 then can either steal the gift or open a new one, it proceeds from there.

D

Daniel Plainview

I donno, but I have seen videos of some weird stuff....

One involved a huge squid...scarred for life :mellow:

Goo

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 03:19 PM) [snapback]574136[/snapback]
Not a preferable option, but I could live with replacing them with KU, KSU and Missouri. And maybe even Texas Tech?

would you trade Utah for Tech, Mizzou, ku, ksu.....I would. None of them are as good football but together they are nice addition and some more fun regional matchups

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Daniel Plainview @ Jun 10 2010, 04:47 PM) [snapback]574286[/snapback]
I donno, but I have seen videos of some weird stuff....

One involved a huge squid...scarred for life :mellow:

Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I doozy myself last night. Ha ha, ha, ha. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck!

D

Daniel Plainview

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 04:49 PM) [snapback]574289[/snapback]
Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I doozy myself last night. Ha ha, ha, ha. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck!

vote_al_donnelly_for_governor_hat-p148839944063296639qz14_400.jpg

desmith03

QUOTE(Portland Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 04:51 PM) [snapback]574290[/snapback]
Would someone please clarify where in the heck Norma is?

Maybe Normal, IL or Norman, OK.

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 04:52 PM) [snapback]574292[/snapback]
One site is reporting that a$m wiuld bring baylor along to the SEC.

OMG!!!

"While Baylor brings nothing to the table for the Pac-10, the potential for the SEC to swoop in and grab the second biggest prize in the Big 12 makes the Bears very valuable to the Southeastern Conference. A second Texas school gives even more exposure to SEC programs who would look to build new recruiting pipelines in the Lone Star state, and the Bears would not threaten anyone in the sport that matters most."

At least they have some credibility and realism.

Waccy Frog

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 09:52 PM) [snapback]574292[/snapback]

OMG!!!

Now we're quoting So Carolina blogs? This report will be enough to toy with BU fans, but I would suggest that's its only value.

ShivasFrog

OMG!!!

"While Baylor brings nothing to the table for the Pac-10, the potential for the SEC to swoop in and grab the second biggest prize in the Big 12 makes the Bears very valuable to the Southeastern Conference. A second Texas school gives even more exposure to SEC programs who would look to build new recruiting pipelines in the Lone Star state, and the Bears would not threaten anyone in the sport that matters most. As others have pointed out, there is something to be said for adding conference depth rather than another power program to what is already a murderer's row of football powers. The fact that Baylor is currently decent in basketball and traditionally competitive in baseball is just icing on the cake. If you are the SEC, you take your medicine to get Texas A&M and the Houston market."

Baylor being considered because they suck so bad at football. What a total cluster-[deleted].

fanatical frog

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Jun 10 2010, 04:44 PM) [snapback]574283[/snapback]
Ask that slut Norma :tongue:

Thanks, doc. That's the hardest I've laughed all day.

AEAfrog

One site is reporting that a$m would bring baylor along to the SEC.

OMG!!!

You know, TCU is floating out there somewhere too. That would make for one helluva baseball conference. That’s where the future is anyway. I am I right, or am I right?

I like the way that guy thinks...