• The KillerFrogs

REGIONAL FINAL: Frogs v. Wolfpack --- Monday Night Game Thread (7 pm)

GlendarrochFrog

dkfrog said:
All the more reason, right?

I mean, I don't feel comfortable doing much more than wooing at these kids, but you recent grads should have at it if it's really getting under his skin...
I could not agree more. I am not going to be the one who goes crazy because I am an adult and have my kids with me. You younger guys should be ALL OVER these guys. Nothing derogatory but it should be relentless. I can tell you right now I will forgive all of the young people at the game for riding their players at all times. You are in your early twenties and you don't know any better. Represent our schools well, but don't take your foot off the gas. I want our fans haunting the NCST players in their dreams tonight.

Give em hell, TCU!

TCUdirtbag

Raw Frog said:
Can someone give me a little synopsis of who we have starting on the mound, who we have in the pen ready, and how our closer is rested. I have not been able to watch, and am very disappointed in the Bases Loaded coverage of our boys.
Can't wait until the game.

Go Frogs!!!!!!!!!

Starter

Our starter is our typical Sunday starter -- junior lefty Alex Young
He's 9-2, with a 2.05 ERA (18 earned runs in 79 innings)
Opposing batters hitting .210
19 walks and 77 strikeouts in his 79 innings. 

Key Reliever

Key tonight could be our pen, specifically RS seniro righty Trey Teakell
Teakell has pitched 39.1 innings in 25 bullpen appearances this year
His record is 1-1, and his ERA is 1.60. He has more SOs (36) than hits (33) and he's only given up 9 runs (only 7 earned). Opponents are hitting .229
Teakell is available for several innings should Young get in an early jam or have a rough night. 

Righty Relievers

Of course, junior righty Riley Ferrell is available to close or in relief. 
Things haven't gone his way his last couple outings -- he's taken 2 losses. 
But still, opposing hitters are hitting .090 and has ERA is 1.29 in his 28 innings this year

Another junior righty, Preston Guillory ought to be available for limited work.
He has looked great the last half of the year.
17 appearances, 22.1 innings, 0.00 ERA.
Opposing hitters are .143
If we get into a save situation, watch whether Schloss goes with Guillory or Ferrell to get a clue as to whether we should be concerned about Riley or if he's just been unlucky. 

RS sophomore righty, Brian Trieglaff is available for some pitches
17 appearances for 23.2 innings. Given up 11 runs (8 earned) with a 3.04 ERA
Opposing hitters are .264
Big positive number for Trieglaff is 32 SOs in the 23.2 innings. 

Lefty Relievers
(our bullpen is weaker on the lefty side, by far)

Senior lefty Travis Evans is likely our first lefty out of the bullpen.
12 appearances totaling 8.0 innings; 4 runs (all earned), opposing hitters are .267

Freshman lefty Drew Gooch had his redshirt pulled when Ryan Burnett got injured
He issued a 4-pitch walk earlier this weekend and got yanked. Otherwise he's a fresh arm.
He's had moments that you can tell he's going to be good, but he's young.
9 appearances for  7.2 innings; 5 earned runs for an ERA of 5.87. 
Opposing hitters are .387
Gooch would either be put in out of desperation, in a blowout or as a situational pitcher where you need a lefty for an out or two. Don't expect to see him for extended work.

TCURiggs

TCUdirtbag said:

Starter

Our starter is our typical Sunday starter -- junior lefty Alex Young
He's 9-2, with a 2.05 ERA (18 earned runs in 79 innings)
Opposing batters hitting .210
19 walks and 77 strikeouts in his 79 innings. 

Key Reliever

Key tonight could be our pen, specifically RS seniro righty Trey Teakell
Teakell has pitched 39.1 innings in 25 bullpen appearances this year
His record is 1-1, and his ERA is 1.60. He has more SOs (36) than hits (33) and he's only given up 9 runs (only 7 earned). Opponents are hitting .229
Teakell is available for several innings should Young get in an early jam or have a rough night. 

Righty Relievers

Of course, junior righty Riley Ferrell is available to close or in relief. 
Things haven't gone his way his last couple outings -- he's taken 2 losses. 
But still, opposing hitters are hitting .090 and has ERA is 1.29 in his 28 innings this year

Another junior righty, Preston Guillory ought to be available for limited work.
He has looked great the last half of the year.
17 appearances, 22.1 innings, 0.00 ERA.
Opposing hitters are .143
If we get into a save situation, watch whether Schloss goes with Guillory or Ferrell to get a clue as to whether we should be concerned about Riley or if he's just been unlucky. 

RS sophomore righty, Brian Trieglaff is available for some pitches
17 appearances for 23.2 innings. Given up 11 runs (8 earned) with a 3.04 ERA
Opposing hitters are .264
Big positive number for Trieglaff is 32 SOs in the 23.2 innings. 

Lefty Relievers
(our bullpen is weaker on the lefty side, by far)

Senior lefty Travis Evans is likely our first lefty out of the bullpen.
12 appearances totaling 8.0 innings; 4 runs (all earned), opposing hitters are .267

Freshman lefty Drew Gooch had his redshirt pulled when Ryan Burnett got injured
He issued a 4-pitch walk earlier this weekend and got yanked. Otherwise he's a fresh arm.
He's had moments that you can tell he's going to be good, but he's young.
9 appearances for  7.2 innings; 5 earned runs for an ERA of 5.87. 
Opposing hitters are .387
Gooch would either be put in out of desperation, in a blowout or as a situational pitcher where you need a lefty for an out or two. Don't expect to see him for extended work.

Over-achiever, IMO

Ron Swanson

TCURiggs said:

Alex Young, who's a stud lefty, is starting for us. He's sitting on an ERA just above 2, and I think he only has 3 losses on the season. I think opponents are batting around .200 against him. Our two best bullpen arms, Teakell and Riley, are well rested. Teakell can go several innings if needed, so hopefully we don't need anymore than those three today.
Lazy, IMO

TCUdirtbag

I thoroughly enjoyed this description of TCU fans:
"like a preppy hybrid of Duke, UVA, and elitist UNC fans"

I welcome the association of TCU with Duke and UVA. Excellent schools. UNC, too.  Also hit the nail on the head regarding Texas Tech---"looked down on by the TCU folks"

The rest was funny too:

aC8cCZh.png

Double V

ftwfrog said:
Preston's papa was cool enough to do an interview with Scott & Wes for KFC, let's lay off him and target the small Oompa Loompa man in their dugout.
He's also the only able-bodied guy "cool" enough to take the elevator to the 2nd floor at the gym...

Frog-in-law1995

dkfrog said:
All the more reason, right?

I mean, I don't feel comfortable doing much more than wooing at these kids, but you recent grads should have at it if it's really getting under his skin...
Sorry, the coach was getting irritated. Not the player.

pgdaly84

Only thing that concerns me with Young is that he's prone to give up about a homer per game, usually early in his starts. NCSU has some right handed batters with serious pop. Hopefully he comes out sharp tonight. A quick, shutdown inning will get the crowd rocking.

JugbandFrog

The Frog to be Named Later said:
Preach! Im ditching work early to make first pitch (4:00 west coast time). be sitting on the same couch wearing the same hat etc.....
I guess it is in the nude on my recliner with my TCU bLanket and a COSTCO bagbof M&Ms

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Bring it you wolfie packie mother scheissers. SOOOO ready for this one. Scorched earth, 25-0, hate TCU for the rest of their miserable little lives kinda stuff is what I'm after.

GO FROGS!!!!!!