• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting: who is likely to switch

So why the talk. You never answered that question?

He wants TAMU to evaluate him and is hoping for an offer, that is why the talk in case you didn't know. Will he switch then if offered?

I guess I could put my head in the sand and just state he isn't going to switch, but what fun is that.

Ha. It's a lot more fun when they are solid to TCU.

Not worried. These kids wanting more offers is all part of the game (see Cameron White). Once Baylor beats A&M, none if this will matter.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
How do you know he's hoping for an A&M offer is my question?? Have you spoken with James?? I'm not doubting the fact that A&M is interested in him, but where's the smoke that James is considering switching on this one?

Just because the Aggie schill Taylor Hamm reports it on 24/7 doesn't mean much either, he's been known to spread bad info and is known in recruiting circles as a glorified and unprofessional recruiter for the Aggies.

I have been openly critical of Hamm and all the TAMU 247 guys for quite a while (loved his Logan David report). Don't care much for their act.

See this post:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=123351&view=findpost&p=664054

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Latest on Darius White is that he is out after this semester. Can't talk to the coaches untl he makes the move but Ft Worth apparently the destination of choice. Doesn't sound like this is a repairable situation with him right now but who knows. Maybe the UT coaches will put him in a few times in hopes of salvaging the relationship.

West Coast Johnny

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110310aae.html?source=rss_teams_Texas_Longhorns

Mack Brown talks Darius White (Nov 3).

We talked about Darius White on Monday. We wanted him to play more. His mother had a really bad car wreck on Monday—thank goodness she is okay—so he had to go home. He missed practice yesterday and spent time with her and the family, and she is okay, so he came back today. He will get his first practice today, so hopefully he can get back and get a lot done. It is interesting with a freshman because they have not been in the game playing or haven’t done as many things. It is harder for them to miss practice.

On WR Darius White’s absence affecting his playing time against Kansas State:
We don’t know. He missed practice yesterday, and we’re playing James Kirkendoll out there some along with Malcolm [Williams] and one of the problems with getting Darius in is, if you play James and Malcolm then you’re probably not going to play a third receiver out there much. Bobby [Kennedy] and I and Greg [Davis] talked about it this morning, and we’re going to see how it is. He hasn’t been to bed in two days. I’m sure and he had to take the kids to school and he had to be mom for two days. He was getting back today, I hadn’t heard if he did, but he was supposed to be back by noon today. So hopefully he’ll be able to come out and practice and do well and get back on track. We’ll just have to wait and see how he does today. We thought he made more progress last week than we’ve seen him make, and we want to see the same thing this week because we’d like to have him rest Malcolm some.

talor

You hate to see change brought about for the wrong reason in a young man's life. Sometimes all the talent in the world doesn't mean that much. I hope everything turns out ok for Darius, maybe then he can make his way over to TCU.

FrogTog

Herschel Sims: Highly rated RB out of Abilene and current OkieSt commit has had tremendous interest in TCU and still not completely comfortable with the staff at OSU. Chances are slightly less than 50/50

A friend of mine knows Herschel very well. Didn't realize he had interest in TCU. I'll tell him to put the pressure on. Plus I'm pretty sure Herschel is friends with David Roach so that's probably part of the reason why he's interested. They went to the same church where David's dad is the minister.

PhillyFrog

No disrespect, and I admire the sentiments, but I think you need to be careful about applying any 'pressure' on a potential recruit.

I'm no expert, and I most emphatically did not stay at Holiday Inn last night.

D

Daniel Plainview

A friend of mine knows Herschel very well. Didn't realize he had interest in TCU. I'll tell him to put the pressure on. :eek:hmy: Plus I'm pretty sure Herschel is friends with David Roach so that's probably part of the reason why he's interested. They went to the same church where David's dad is the minister.

considering this guy only has 8 posts, is it possible that he's a troll trying to say bad things on here to get us in trouble?

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: Conspiracy Theory :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

TCUFrogs

Latest on Darius White is that he is out after this semester. Can't talk to the coaches untl he makes the move but Ft Worth apparently the destination of choice. Doesn't sound like this is a repairable situation with him right now but who knows. Maybe the UT coaches will put him in a few times in hopes of salvaging the relationship.

Really? wow.

nayr150

Anyone know the details with White's situation? If it is all about family/personal issues, then fine, ignore the rest of this post.

However, your last sentence makes it seem like he might be upset with playing time. If that is the case, do we really want that kind of attitude/ego here?

FROGDADDY

However, your last sentence makes it seem like he might be upset with playing time. If that is the case, do we really want that kind of attitude/ego here?

If the talent that is attached to it is good enough, then yes. I don't mind kids that are pissed because they aren't playing enough. Show me somebody who is happy with their lack of playing time and I'll show you a loser.