• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting: who is likely to switch

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Generally when a recruit commits to a program he is most likely to sign with the school, but every so often there are those switches. We love it when we get one and complain about it when we lose one, but they do happen. Here are a few that may come or go:

Le'Raven Clark: OT from Rockdale currently a Tech commit who has been very interested in TCU and has been talking a lot to the staff, including during several recent visits. Chances are very good.

Herschel Sims: Highly rated RB out of Abilene and current OkieSt commit has had tremendous interest in TCU and still not completely comfortable with the staff at OSU. Chances are slightly less than 50/50

Desmond Roland: RB/ATH out of Lake Highlands in Dallas. OkieLite commit still keeping Arkie & TCU in the hunt. Chances are good.

Cortland Browning: Big DB from Tyler Lee has been a Mizzery commit for a while but still talking to Anderson & Co. Will say the staff at Missouri almost get as much out of their players as the TCU staff and will be a tough one to switch.

James Bailey: ATH out of Everman and TCU commit has been interested in TAMU. No offer yet but getting more looks. Don't understand the interest but if offered chances are 50/50 he bolts.

Cameron White: WR out of DeSoto that TAMU wants to steal from TCU. I think the TAMU staff are clueless on evaluations but have learned to at least try and get whoever TCU has. Chances slim on this one.

Not switches but a couple of current UT players to watch and see what happens to this spring:

Darius White: WR out of FW Dunbar has started to isolate himself from a lot of the players and not happy with the situation in Austin. Probably has too much heart & fire to fit in there.:rolleyes:

Traylon Shead: Big RB out of Cayuga is redshirting for sure, but not sure how he fitts and where. I am sure the commit of Malcolm Brown doesn't ease the situation.

BABYFACE

DOn't know enough on Bailey to comment on what he will do. LOve to see him in purple and stay with the FRogs. As for CW, no way Jose IMO. He has already gone thru his doubt period and decommitted and recomitted to TCU. He took plenty of time to revisit his commit. I believe he is as solid as you can get.

Gunner

I've always said, if you go to Texas, you not only have to worry about the guys ahead of you, but who comes in behind.

I think there is a good chance that Mack Brown fires 2 or 3 or maybe even more, of his assistants. He has already laid down his unhappiness. When that happens, things could open up for TCU with some of their committs. You saw that with Brown switching from Arizona to TCU last Febuary when Dykes left..

GP may have planned for that, as we still have open 6 to 8 spots for this class.. :biggrin: Some of those committs may be vulnerable now, with their sick record.

FrogsMcGee

Question for you Feisty...
Completely ignoring the reduced years of eligibility that would remain if White transferred, would you rather have White or LaDarius Brown?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Completely ignoring the reduced years of eligibility that would remain if White transferred, would you rather have White or LaDarius Brown?

Heck of a question. Neither are polished talents but extremely athletic and huge potentials. Brown probably more raw in his football knowledge but learns quickly and may ultimately have a higher upside.

I'd probably go with Brown because of the upside and a lot more TCU oriented, though White is a tremendous athlete. Can I have both?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
As for CW, no way Jose IMO. He has already gone thru his doubt period and decommitted and recomitted to TCU. He took plenty of time to revisit his commit. I believe he is as solid as you can get.

I would agree and listed him only because TAMU not yet giving up. Had it as a slim chance to switch.

talor

The evaluation/recruiting services have White rated a little better than Brown, although it is very close. Even more interesting is that they compare both players to Reuben Randle of LSU.

Brown also plays Safety, and you know GP loves that. He also seems to be modest and have more of the "frog factor." So I would say Brown over White. However, White could play basketball at TCU if it didn't work out :biggrin: Like Feisty said...both would be great!

Getting Clark and/or Sims to switch would be huge. Sims is a winner.

Nick Danger

Darius White: WR out of FW Dunbar has started to isolate himself from a lot of the players and not happy with the situation in Austin. Probably has too much heart & fire to fit in there.:rolleyes:

Earlier this afternoon, there was a thread on Hornfans about this very topic but apparently the moderators over there have removed the entire thread. The OP said that he has a Sooner friend at work that told him that Rashod Favors has been telling folks up there that Darius White has told Favors pretty much what Feisty has reported, that he (White) is very unhappy there and wants out! :huh:

Gunner

I don't think they will do anything to jeopardize White's committ. GP was talking yesterday how we are depending on he and Porter coming in next year to take over with all the seniors leaving. Grant, Jones, and maybe Skye Dawson are the remaining guys and they need help.

Anybody know what has happened to Dawson? He hasn't done squat in 3 weeks.. Took him out of the offense.

Well I was hoping you had something a little more concrete like your brother-in-law's half-sister grew up with Bailey's dad's best friend and he told you he was solid to TCU.

Just like I was hoping you'd have something more than he's talking to A&M and so therefore we're 50/50. Kid has been solid to TCU for some time and would be shocked if he pulled a Hatten on us.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Just like I was hoping you'd have something more than he's talking to A&M and so therefore we're 50/50. Kid has been solid to TCU for some time and would be shocked if he pulled a Hatten on us.

So why the talk. You never answered that question?

He wants TAMU to evaluate him and is hoping for an offer, that is why the talk in case you didn't know. Will he switch then if offered?

I guess I could put my head in the sand and just state he isn't going to switch, but what fun is that.

TPIRocks

How do you know he's hoping for an A&M offer is my question?? Have you spoken with James?? I'm not doubting the fact that A&M is interested in him, but where's the smoke that James is considering switching on this one?

Just because the Aggie schill Taylor Hamm reports it on 24/7 doesn't mean much either, he's been known to spread bad info and is known in recruiting circles as a glorified and unprofessional recruiter for the Aggies.

http://tamu.247sport...-Breakdown-4158