• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting: who is likely to switch

FrogTog

No disrespect, and I admire the sentiments, but I think you need to be careful about applying any 'pressure' on a potential recruit.

I'm no expert, and I most emphatically did not stay at Holiday Inn last night.

So if I'm friends with a recruit I'm not allowed to tell them they should come here? Maybe pressure was the wrong word to use here. Seeing as I have no contacts or affiliations within the football team I don't see how it could be against any rules for suggest someone should go here because it is a great school and has a good football program. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see how this could be construed as violating any policies.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
If Sherman is fired at the end of the season, would Shavion Hatten, the OL from Daingerfield come back to us?

It would be interesting to see what would happen with him. I think he loves TAMU and the idea of playing on the D, but a new coach might have different views on that situation. With the time frame involved I would think they would do whatever would be needed to sign him and then later on switch him.

Really don't think he would come to TCU unless the new situation would be a worse trainwreck and don't see how that could be. Also, doubt there is room for more than one more OL and I think they have that spot covered.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
So if I'm friends with a recruit I'm not allowed to tell them they should come here? Maybe pressure was the wrong word to use here. Seeing as I have no contacts or affiliations within the football team I don't see how it could be against any rules for suggest someone should go here because it is a great school and has a good football program. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see how this could be construed as violating any policies.

If you are friends you don't have to worry about the contact problems, just no enticements please.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Anyone know the details with White's situation? If it is all about family/personal issues, then fine, ignore the rest of this post.

However, your last sentence makes it seem like he might be upset with playing time. If that is the case, do we really want that kind of attitude/ego here?

But he's been on the sidelines watching recevers run the wrong routes and dropping passes all season long and so far they haven't given him a chance.

As far as personal life can't say much (cause I don't know) but the issues developed prior to the accident. I do know he has an extensive support group in FW and many are on-board with the move if that is what he decides. His brother may try and pursude him to go north however.

West Coast Johnny

I have an idea. Why don't you just leave him alone.

Ravenous Ute

Generally when a recruit commits to a program he is most likely to sign with the school, but every so often there are those switches. We love it when we get one and complain about it when we lose one, but they do happen. Here are a few that may come or go:

Le'Raven Clark: OT from Rockdale currently a Tech commit who has been very interested in TCU and has been talking a lot to the staff, including during several recent visits. Chances are very good.

Herschel Sims: Highly rated RB out of Abilene and current OkieSt commit has had tremendous interest in TCU and still not completely comfortable with the staff at OSU. Chances are slightly less than 50/50

Desmond Roland: RB/ATH out of Lake Highlands in Dallas. OkieLite commit still keeping Arkie & TCU in the hunt. Chances are good.

Cortland Browning: Big DB from Tyler Lee has been a Mizzery commit for a while but still talking to Anderson & Co. Will say the staff at Missouri almost get as much out of their players as the TCU staff and will be a tough one to switch.

James Bailey: ATH out of Everman and TCU commit has been interested in TAMU. No offer yet but getting more looks. Don't understand the interest but if offered chances are 50/50 he bolts.

Cameron White: WR out of DeSoto that TAMU wants to steal from TCU. I think the TAMU staff are clueless on evaluations but have learned to at least try and get whoever TCU has. Chances slim on this one.

Not switches but a couple of current UT players to watch and see what happens to this spring:

Darius White: WR out of FW Dunbar has started to isolate himself from a lot of the players and not happy with the situation in Austin. Probably has too much heart & fire to fit in there.:rolleyes:

Traylon Shead: Big RB out of Cayuga is redshirting for sure, but not sure how he fitts and where. I am sure the commit of Malcolm Brown doesn't ease the situation.

They'll all be committing to Utah & the Pac-12 after Saturday... :tongue:

PhillyFrog

No need to take offense. My suggestion would be to contact the AD's offices and clarify where the lines are, and don't cross them. Anything you could do within those white lines would be appreciated by us all, I'm sure.

FrogbyChoice

I know we have a few slots open, but honestly when are these recruits going to make a decision. It appears we are going to have some high quality players miss the boat and not get a scholarship. You can't watch these other teams and see a higher quality football than TCU is playing these days.