• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting Impact

funkyfrog

How big does another BCS bowl or hopefully a National Championship going to impact or recruiting this year? Hopefully the Ladarius Brown's, Greg Townsend's, Chuck Hunter's, and Sim brothers see the big things we are doing here at TCU.

I am excited to watch the final push of recruiting in the coming months! Go frogs!

PHX Frog

Texas struggling this season and their inability to develop 5* recruits definitely helps make TCU more attractive to in-state recruits.

PurplePutt

Let's steal a few of those Texas committs. :biggrin:

UT has so many blue chips riding the pine. Looks like some of them would be looking at transferring somewhere where they can play. Not sure any of them would want to work as hard as GP would require though.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
That, and I'm also not sure any of them are good enough to play here if they aren't good enough to play there. Quick, name one player on UT's offense that would start for us.

It seems to me that UT's players are never any better when they leave. They're good coming in but player development down there is non existent.

We do a much better job of bringing players along and developing them.

PurplePutt

That, and I'm also not sure any of them are good enough to play here if they aren't good enough to play there. Quick, name one player on UT's offense that would start for us.

Can't name any. I agree, not sure I want any of them. However, their has to be some great potential down there. They just aren't motivated, developed, and/or coached up, I guess. Would think there would be a few that would compete for starting positions here--if they worked their tails off. Maybe there aren't though. Maybe they are all entitled prima donnas? Really wish Reggie Wilson would consider transferring.

funkyfrog

Can't name any. I agree, not sure I want any of them. However, their has to be some great potential down there. They just aren't motivated, developed, and/or coached up, I guess. Would think there would be a few that would compete for starting positions here--if they worked their tails off. Maybe there aren't though. Maybe they are all entitled prima donnas? Really wish Reggie Wilson would consider transferring.

I wish Malcom Brown wouldn't waste 4 years at UT....poor guy. Reggie Wilson and I'd take Jackson Jeffcoat.

FROGDADDY

Would think there would be a few that would compete for starting positions here--if they worked their tails off. Maybe there aren't though. Maybe they are all entitled prima donnas? Really wish Reggie Wilson would consider transferring.

I'm sure you are right, there are likely several kids down there that would be very postive additions to our team. Just a matter of identifying the ones that fit in with what we're all about and not just the ones with lots of stars next to their name. Big mess down there right now.

BABYFACE

As much as I don't care for the hypocrite that is Grant Teaff, he had it right. He said the worst thing a team doing well in recruiting is to bring in all blue chips. He said they have had it handed to them all their life and these Prima Donnas do not want to work for it at the next level. Teaff said you need a mixture of blue chips with really good players with strong work ethic. Those hardworking players rub off on the superstar recruits when they realize they will have to work to get onto the field. I think this may be UT's problem, a team full of superstars that don't understand or comphrehend a strong work ethic.

MidlandFrog

I'd take Garrett Gilbert for QB competition , with our OC's he could be good, he just can't overcome overrated receivers and an inept OC. Runs like AD does, not the fastest guy, but can make plays with his legs. Jeffcoat and Kenny Vaccaro (Big Hitter would be a great run stuffing safety for us like Colin).

FROGDADDY

As much as I don't care for the hypocrite that is Grant Teaff, he had it right. He said the worst thing a team doing well in recruiting is to bring in all blue chips. He said they have had it handed to them all their life and these Prima Donnas do not want to work for it at the next level. Teaff said you need a mixture of blue chips with really good players with strong work ethic. Those hardworking players rub off on the superstar recruits when they realize they will have to work to get onto the field. I think this may be UT's problem, a team full of superstars that don't understand or comphrehend a strong work ethic.

Completely agree with this. Not always easy to do at the supposed football factories when you've got a rabid fanbase clinging to every Rivals star you can add to your list.

funkyfrog

Completely agree with this. Not always easy to do at the supposed football factories when you've got a rabid fanbase clinging to every Rivals star you can add to your list.

FROGDADDY- You think now that HS football is coming to an end for many schools we should begin to see some pick up in recruiting? Or still to early for some of those big stars out there.

How many spots do we have open?

ross

KMA
I can assure you that P will never let rivals or any other service do his evaluations for him.
Also a key part of P's evaluation is whether a kid will fit in his program
P is a special guy he demands a lot from his kids but he gives a lot
Ask some of his former players. The ones I know love the man for his influence in their lives

Any kid given an offer from P should jump on it.