• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting: finishing up 2011

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
One of the biggest questions is how many slots. Right now it looks like 23 and with one grayshirt committed of the 20 total commits we should have 4 slots left. Who fills those?

I am just going to go ahead and pencil in Townsend & Hunter for 2 slots.

3rd spot goes to either Le'Raven Clark, DE Braylon Alexander or possibly Tayo Fabuluje.

4th spot: TE Brandon Olson of Longview

Those are my guesses, Fabuluje really looks like he will stay at BYU unless something big changes.

Other alternatives:

Does Dana Holgorsen leaving have an effect on Herschel Sims or Desmond Roland?

Herschel Sims: looks like a visit from the staff, especially CGP would seal the deal. However it looks like they have moved on it a lot may have to do with the prospects for 2012. Ladarius Anthony and Daniel Brooks may not be locks, but close and Johnathon Gray is very much in play for TCU (and sometimes mentioned #1). I think they are comfortable with what lies ahead though Sims may be too much to pass over if something falls through.

Desmond Roland: another softee to OKSt but the LaDarius Brown commit may have sealed his fate as far as TCU goes. His dad says TCU and Arkie still in play.

Would be a huge surprise but:

Anthony Chickillo DE I think he sticks with Miami but TCU giving it a shot and turning some heads.

A SoFla QB?

Who are your picks?

West Coast Johnny

IMO Hunter is the number one recruit remaining on the market for TCU. We Pearson helps, but we need more than one good DT in this class.

Nest most important, is Greg Townsend. His name along with LaDarius Brown ring bells with kids Nationwide and there is a danger of going after too many high school "stars" but his committment would ring a bell the size of a gong.

Chickillo seems like a long shot for me, but he does keep mentioning TCU to the journalists that keep pestering him.

What happened to Jermauria Rasco? If neither he nor Chickillo take the bait, I see Brandon Harris or Brandon Alexander in the door. Which Brandon is better? I would lean towards Harris as a juco is probably more ready for playing time.

As for Hershel Sims, if all it takes is a visit from Patterson.... it would create an even bigger embarassment of riches at RB.... but as the Russian Billionaire says in the Direct TV commercial.... "Opulance..... I Has it"
directv_upside_down_opulence-big.jpg

FROGDADDY

One of the biggest questions is how many slots. Right now it looks like 23 and with one grayshirt committed of the 20 total commits we should have 4 slots left. Who fills those?

I am just going to go ahead and pencil in Townsend & Hunter for 2 slots.

3rd spot goes to either Le'Raven Clark, DE Braylon Alexander or possibly Tayo Fabuluje.

4th spot: TE Brandon Olson of Longview

Those are my guesses, Fabuluje really looks like he will stay at BYU unless something big changes.

Other alternatives:

Does Dana Holgorsen leaving have an effect on Herschel Sims or Desmond Roland?

Herschel Sims: looks like a visit from the staff, especially CGP would seal the deal. However it looks like they have moved on it a lot may have to do with the prospects for 2012. Ladarus Anthony and Daniel Brooks may not be locks, but close and Johnathon Gray is very much in play for TCU (and sometimes mentioned #1). I think they are comfortable with what lies ahead though Sims may be too much to pas over if something falls through.

Desmond Roland: another softee to OKSt but the LaDarius Brown commit may have sealed his fate as far as TCU goes. His dad says TCU and Arkie still in play.

Would be a huge surprise but:

Anthony Chickillo DE I think he sticks with Miami but TCU giving it a shot and turning some heads.

A SoFla QB?

Who are your picks?

Assuming we're taking 4 more and they're going to come from these 9 names above then give me Townsend, Hunter, Clark, and Sims. Don't care how good the RB's for next year are, if all we have to do to get Sims is go visit him again then we do it unless it's a 100% lock that at least two of those RB's for next year are gonna be Frogs.

talor

Assuming we're taking 4 more and they're going to come from these 9 names above then give me Townsend, Hunter, Clark, and Sims. Don't care how good the RB's for next year are, if all we have to do to get Sims is go visit him again then we do it unless it's a 100% lock that at least two of those RB's for next year are gonna be Frogs.

The planets must be aligning because I am agreeing with you frequently.

Houston Frog

If I had to choose 4, I would take Tayo, Townsend, Hunter, and Brandon Alexander or LaRaven Clark. RBs are important, but not as important as OL/DL. If we got the above referenced haul, we'd be sitting pretty.

Then go all-in on Jonathan Gray for 2012.

West Coast Johnny

Bronco confirms that DT Fabuluje will transfer; OC's return a longshot Published on Dec 16, 2010 12:38PM 2 Comments The Cougars just wrapped up their second practice in Albuquerque. While Wednesday's practice was full of wind and cold, today's practice took place in the rain. It even started to snow -- just a little bit -- as the Cougars came off the practice field.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall answered questions after practice while sitting in a black SUV with the door open, the rain still plastering his face.
He addressed the situations surrounding two fairly high profile players: freshman DT Tayo Fabuluje and junior WR O'Neill Chambers.

* Mendenhall said Fabuluje has asked for his release because he wants to transfer. That release has been granted.
"I granted Tayo a release, and he is planning on transferring," Mendenhall said. "Whether he changes his mind or not, I am not certain. But he is looking to go elsewhere -- hopefully closer to home."
Asked if the transfer could have been avoided, Mendenhall said; "Don't think so. We gave him every opportunity, and every bit of structure, and more support than anyone would ever need. I think he just wants to get closer to his mom."

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Bronco confirms that DT Fabuluje will transfer; OC's return a longshot Published on Dec 16, 2010 12:38PM 2 Comments The Cougars just wrapped up their second practice in Albuquerque. While Wednesday's practice was full of wind and cold, today's practice took place in the rain. It even started to snow -- just a little bit -- as the Cougars came off the practice field.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall answered questions after practice while sitting in a black SUV with the door open, the rain still plastering his face.
He addressed the situations surrounding two fairly high profile players: freshman DT Tayo Fabuluje and junior WR O'Neill Chambers.

* Mendenhall said Fabuluje has asked for his release because he wants to transfer. That release has been granted.
"I granted Tayo a release, and he is planning on transferring," Mendenhall said. "Whether he changes his mind or not, I am not certain. But he is looking to go elsewhere -- hopefully closer to home."
Asked if the transfer could have been avoided, Mendenhall said; "Don't think so. We gave him every opportunity, and every bit of structure, and more support than anyone would ever need. I think he just wants to get closer to his mom."

Thanks, I think we all know what has happened and the big question is what will the coaches do and if he doesn't get the offer from TCU or Oregon, what then?

He may hear what he wants this weekend and it will be a done deal, I don't think it is a sure bet though.

sandiegojack

Regardless of who fill out the remaining spots, this will be one of the best classes in the Patterson era. We could actually wind up with two of the top 50 in the nation, along with a lot of other great prospects.

sdj

frogbyproxy

Regardless of who fill out the remaining spots, this will be one of the best classes in the Patterson era. We could actually wind up with two of the top 50 in the nation, along with a lot of other great prospects.

sdj

By scout we are 29th right now and when we get three they are predicting plus two more 4 star we may be at number 19 in the nation. :tongue:
It's a great year to be a frog fan!

Go Frogs!