• The KillerFrogs

Pre-game prayer

Should we keep the football pre-game prayer?

• Total voters

asleep003

While on the Mount, in front of all, including theives,prostitutes, deciples, those with leprosy and of other faiths.... Christ began his Lords Prayer (also known as Pater Naster or Our Father) ... with "OUR FATHER in Heaven...."(Matthew 6:9-13)...... just off the top of my head.

However, I'm sure you'll find, if you don't recall, several references to us as God's children.

Cheers!

tcumaniac

While on the Mount, in front of all, including theives,prostitutes, deciples, those with leprosy and of other faiths.... Christ began his Lords Prayer (also known as Pater Naster or Our Father) ... with "OUR FATHER in Heaven...."(Matthew 6:9-13)...... just off the top of my head.

However, I'm sure you'll find, if you don't recall, several references to us as God's children.

Cheers!

and your point? Being God's children doesn't automatically mean we get to go to heaven... Every single human that has walked this earth has turned against God, excluding Jesus...

Yes we're God's children, but we've also betrayed Him and there's nothing we can do to make up for that... cough cough,,, thats the whole point of Jesus...

asleep003

and your point? Being God's children doesn't automatically mean we get to go to heaven... Every single human that has walked this earth has turned against God, excluding Jesus...

Yes we're God's children, but we've also betrayed Him and there's nothing we can do to make up for that... cough cough,,, thats the whole point of Jesus...

Easy Maniac... I only answered a question, proposed by Deep Purple(post #240)... there was no point. That anger going on inside you about who has that differing opinion or take, will not serve you well in life... I'm beginning to believe, when you were civil and polite, in previous posts... you(then following with rants) were only trying to set me up for something....

Cheers!

PS - Jobe(Job) never turned his back on God... and if anyone had reason to...
it was he.

tcumaniac

Easy Maniac... I only answered a question, proposed by Deep Purple(post #240)... there was no point. That anger going on inside you about who has that differing opinion or take, will not serve you well in life... I'm beginning to believe, when you were civil and polite, in previous posts... you(then following with rants) were only trying to set me up for something....

Cheers!

PS - Jobe(Job) never turned his back on God... and if anyone had reason to...
it was he.

no anger... just frustration in the fact that there's a lost soul that just can't grasp what's truly important.

HFrog1999

no anger... just frustration in the fact that there's a lost soul that just can't grasp what's truly important.

Don't assume someone's a "lost soul" because of what they post on an Internet Messageboard. The semi-anonymous nature of this board allows us to speak more freely here or try out new ideas.

asleep003

Don't assume someone's a "lost soul" because of what they post on an Internet Messageboard. The semi-anonymous nature of this board allows us to speak more freely here or try out new ideas. Or just make a jackass of ourselves :wink:

HFrog, how really big of you... Maniac came back with a civil response, following his tongue lashing , and you felt it necessary to intercede/critique this more modest/humble exchange..?.. Don't think Christ is a big fan of his flock throwing names or innuendos(and you're not the 1st) on others(worship same Father), because you disagree with another's understanding...

HFrog1999

HFrog, how really big of you... Maniac came back with a civil response, following his tongue lashing , and you felt it necessary to intercede/critique this more modest/humble exchange..?.. Don't think Christ is a big fan of his flock throwing names or innuendos(and you're not the 1st) on others(worship same Father), because you disagree with another's understanding...

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was talking about me making a Jackass of myself, not you or Maniac.

I edited my post to make it more clear.

asleep003

Part of me wants to think that you're making your views up just to frustrate me.... You're so close, but yet you're infinitely off the mark. And no. That's not the only important thing.

My turn Maniac, since I've not asked you a question and you have so many of me.

What then... for you, would be more important than your personal understanding and relationship with God?

Cheers

tcumaniac

My turn Maniac, since I've not asked you a question and you have so many of me.

What then... for you, would be more important than your personal understanding and relationship with God?

Cheers
Sorry. I lost track of this thread and didn't know you'd asked me a question.

Now this could be a tricky question. It depends on who think God is. I don't think one can have a personal relationship with God unless it's through Jesus Christ. Christ is the reason sinners can have a relationship with our father. But I don't personally feel that someone can know God without the inclusion of Jesus. Therefore I don't feel someone can have a sincere "personal understanding and relationship with god". IMO someone that claims to know God without the inclusion of Jesus is someone that is giving a false testimony. You are right in that our relationship with God is most important, but I don't think that relationship can exist until yoh acknowledge that you are a sinner and you can do nothing to grow closer to God. You have to give up your life to Christ

asleep003

Sorry. I lost track of this thread and didn't know you'd asked me a question.

Now this could be a tricky question. It depends on who think God is. I don't think one can have a personal relationship with God unless it's through Jesus Christ. Christ is the reason sinners can have a relationship with our father. But I don't personally feel that someone can know God without the inclusion of Jesus. Therefore I don't feel someone can have a sincere "personal understanding and relationship with god". IMO someone that claims to know God without the inclusion of Jesus is someone that is giving a false testimony. You are right in that our relationship with God is most important, but I don't think that relationship can exist until yoh acknowledge that you are a sinner and you can do nothing to grow closer to God. You have to give up your life to Christ

Thanx Maniac.... that's all I was really asking about(the highlight above), ... you've been very consistant and explicit on your formula all along and respect you for that, with or without being in total agreement... as it's not about others opinions on that... it's really a personal thing.

Cheers!