• The KillerFrogs

Pre-game prayer

Should we keep the football pre-game prayer?

• Total voters

asleep003

The Omnipotent Creator of the Universe had no say in how the Bible was put together? Odd.

If the Bible's just a bunch of lies, I wonder what the truth is?

Why would you imply the Bible is a bunch of Lies... out of 200 plus posts, I never heard any indication of the sort. But you may be implying that God picked specific clerics to vote to make a majority for a certain scripture to be canonized... if so, that's pretty remarkable and understand that the all or nothing followers of the Bible have to go that route... or the every word in the Bible is God's words doesn't support the concept. I'm sticking with the Sermon on the Mount concept of God as my primary guide and not the bickered over selected scribed material.

Cheers!

Kaiser

Thanks for putting into words what I was thinking.

What this thread really needs is more bible quotes and lectures on what it means to be a real "Christian" school.

In the meantime whoever shouts "Jesus" the loudest and most often gets into heaven first. Ready, set, go.

If I was adamant that the Virgin Mary was referred to in a prayer to make it Catholic enough to please me in a setting where there are non-Catholics there with whom I am having some fellowship, I would call that unnecessarily provocative. It may not be a God Hates Fags level of Christian provocation, but it is highlighting differences. What is the point of doing it? To peacock my Catholicism? Show them the light? Point out their errors? Prove to the real God that I'm hardcore?

I don't see why prayers at a public event have to meet the same standard as those at a specific church where the prayer is central to your presence. Isn't it preferable that people find common ground in the basics rather than running people off or making them object over prayer purity?

If I'm with Jews, Hindus, Muslims, atheists and others, I think that broad and mild is very eloquent and powerful.

HFrog1999

Why would you imply the Bible is a bunch of Lies... out of 200 plus posts, I never heard any indication of the sort. But you may be implying that God picked specific clerics to vote to make a majority for a certain scripture to be canonized... if so, that's pretty remarkable and understand that the all or nothing followers of the Bible have to go that route... or the every word in the Bible is God's words doesn't support the concept. I'm sticking with the Sermon on the Mount concept of God as my primary guide and not the bickered over selected scribed material.

Cheers!

Well what if the Sermon on the Mount part of Bible is the part that's wrong? I mean, how do you know which parts to believe and which parts not to believe? What if you believe the wrong parts and don't believe in the right parts?

Kaiser

Well what if the Sermon on the Mount part of Bible is the part that's wrong? I mean, how do you know which parts to believe and which parts not to believe? What if you believe the wrong parts and don't believe in the right parts?

You're right. I better start following those dietary laws. What was it again... It has to chew the cud and be cloven footed to be clean?

asleep003

HFrog, there were hundreds if not thousand there and dozens of account/scribed the sermon with extreme consistancy at that time... including Gospels/Scripures not Canonized.

Most all the scriptures were not evidenced in such a manner. No one has said any of the canonized scriptures(written years/century after the apostle/person attributed to) are or are not true, but how can the few(years/century later)of so many quality writtings, in a scribes own privacy, necessarily/absolutely be the true words of our Creator. Surprisingly many that worship the Bible, are not cognitive of it's full origin or why all of a sudden, in 325 AD, or even where the Bible of New Testiment scriptures were even formalized/canonized. Just amazing, something so important...

asleep003

Mistletoad... What does Jesus mean to you?? Do you see Him as the Son of God, or as just a good man??

Maniac ... we're all his children... he was a very special person... and as I' ve mentioned many times before, I follow his way to God and admire his example of living... what a rebel in his day!

TCUhornedfrog93

Maniac ... we're all his children... he was a very special person... and as I' ve mentioned many times before, I follow his way to God and admire his example of living... what a rebel in his day!

So you mentioned we're all his children. Do you believe he was just a great and wise man that we can all use as an example for living but nothing more or do you believe that he is actually the son of God.

As a side note, anything I post is in no way meant to be elitist or condemning. I actually find it nice and refreshing that we can have a discussion about this and challenge eachother to truly think about what we believe in and not just believe something because it's what we feel like believing or it's what we were exposed to.

asleep003

So you mentioned we're all his children. Do you believe he was just a great and wise man that we can all use as an example for living but nothing more or do you believe that he is actually the son of God.

As a side note, anything I post is in no way meant to be elitist or condemning. I actually find it nice and refreshing that we can have a discussion about this and challenge eachother to truly think about what we believe in and not just believe something because it's what we feel like believing or it's what we were exposed to.

Christ said, we are all God's children.

Son of God... we are both his children and his sons. Christ also his son, obviously was granted more than us. However, there was a large contingent of Bishops opposed to Jesus as equal to the Father. The Father The Son and Holy Spirit(Trinity) 3 persons in one God Creed was passed over Arius' Led group of Clerics in opposition(without their votes) the Trinity was canonized. Several Christian denominations do not follow the Trinity nor is the Trinity creed anywhere in the scriptures that were canonized... though the Trinity Creed was canonized seperate from the scriptures with other Creeds. So I'm not the appropriate source to answer what level Christ exists with his Father... Only God would really know.

Cheers!

TCUhornedfrog93

Son of God... we are both his children and his sons. Christ also his son, obviously was granted more than us. However, there was a large contengent of Bishops opposed to Jesus as equal to the Father. The Father Son and Holy Spirit(Trinity) 3 persons in one God Creed was passed over Arius' Led group of Clerics in opposition(without their votes) the trinity was canonized. Several Christian denominations do not follow the Trinity nor is the Trinity creed in anywhere in the scriptures that were canonized, though the Trinity Creed was canonized seperate from the scriptures with other Creeds.. So I'm not the appropriate source to answer what level Christ exists with our Father... Only God really knows.

Cheers!

Alright. I can live with that:p I was worried that you were one who believed he was just a good man and nothing more because he's either the son of God or a liar. I also am not an appropriate source for that information on the Holy Trinity. The only things I know (from scripture) are that there is a trinity (Genesis 1:26 plural "us" and other scriptures that I can post if you want), each part of the trinity is God: God the father (John 6:27 Jesus himself mentions God the father), God the Son (John 1:1-18 which is more vague and confusing but I believe it leads to that conclusion and Hebrews 1:8 which quotes psalm 45), and the Holy Spirit (Acts 2, Acts 5:3-4, and 1 corinthians 3:16). I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I understand all of it but I am led to believe from studying scripture that there is God the Father who is the cause and source from whom all things came (1 Corinthians 8:6), there is God the Son through whom God works in us and I believe He acts as an agent of God the Father(1 corinthians 8:6 and Matthew 11:27 *good verse*), and God the Spirit or the Spirit of God which reveals things of God the Father to those whom the Son chooses (John 16:12-15 and Ephesians 3:5). Geeze, I honestly don't know about all the levels they are on but John 14:15-28 mentions the subordination between the Trinity in Jesus' own words. I personally don't think anyone can ever comprehend or know exactly how it is but that's why we're not God ourselves:p

So from reading other posts, you don't seem to believe that Jesus' death on the cross was a necessary atonement for our sins so that we may have eternal life in heaven with Him and not condemnation to eternal separation from Him in Hell? Or am I misunderstanding? (and I'm sorry for any run-on sentences, English is not my strong point)

tcumaniac

Christ said, we are all God's children.

Son of God... we are both his children and his sons. Christ also his son, obviously was granted more than us. However, there was a large contingent of Bishops opposed to Jesus as equal to the Father. The Father The Son and Holy Spirit(Trinity) 3 persons in one God Creed was passed over Arius' Led group of Clerics in opposition(without their votes) the Trinity was canonized. Several Christian denominations do not follow the Trinity nor is the Trinity creed anywhere in the scriptures that were canonized... though the Trinity Creed was canonized seperate from the scriptures with other Creeds. So I'm not the appropriate source to answer what level Christ exists with his Father... Only God would really know.

Cheers!

You just don't get it. You put so much emphasis on such worthless information. You are completely missing the point fo everything....

tcumaniac

Don't get frustrated Maniac ... What is important, is your own personal understanding and relationship with God.

Cheers!
Part of me wants to think that you're making your views up just to frustrate me.... You're so close, but yet you're infinitely off the mark. And no. That's not the only important thing.

asleep003

Maniac... I do hope you do take some more open ended theology classes, as electives at TCU. There is so much to learn and very grateful I allowed myself to expand.

Cheers!

tcumaniac

Maniac... I do hope you do take some more open ended theology classes, as electives at TCU. There is so much to learn and very grateful I allowed myself to expand.

Cheers!

i already took one religion class at tcu, and i promiise you that's the last one I'll ever take.... The religion department is full of simply miserable people.

I hope you someday discover the truth....

There's not a catch all method... People can't win God's approval by being "good." I know you apparently find the Bible to be full of crap, but it makes this point very clear:

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [sup]14[/sup] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." -Matthew 7: 13-14

I think it's very clear that your "open mind and let's be accepting of every religion" theory is not the best idea..

asleep003

i already took one religion class at tcu, and i promiise you that's the last one I'll ever take.... The religion department is full of simply miserable people.

I hope you someday discover the truth....

There's not a catch all method... People can't win God's approval by being "good." I know you apparently find the Bible to be full of crap, but it makes this point very clear:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [sup]14[/sup] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." -Matthew 7: 13-14

I think it's very clear that your "open mind and let's be accepting of every religion" theory is not the best idea..

Sorry to see that anger and hate run so deep Maniac... but do ask yourself these questions.

Prior to the Dark Ages... the Greeks new the earth was round. The Dark Ages(aprox 500-1,500AD) a period of intellectual darkness that occurred in Europe... where also the Church deemed the earth was flat and the earth was the center of the universe. .. there were many Scientist(Copernicus and Galileo to name a couple) that were either excommunicated, exhiled, and/or threatened there of, by the Church, if they didn't detract their own theories or findings, to fall in line with the Churche's beliefs.

So yes, I do believe it is OK to challenge some of the Voters who compiled the Bible and some of their Creeds. But Maniac ... I've never impled that most or all writings and passages in the Bible are crap... though I do believe there is quality reason to believe that every word in the Bible may very well not be God's word. Please do not have anger towards me... just look to someone like me, as a lost Lamb.

Cheers!

Latest posts