• The KillerFrogs

Practice updates......

jake102

I am definitrly worried about Evans and Howard starting at LB. My hope is that Douglas and Wilson are starting at LB most of time by end of season

And it seems weird that Summers wont even be starting.

Not worried about CB or safety. Those guys need to patrol the air as priority #1. Wish we had a bigger SS but OK with it.

PO Frog

These all seem like valid concerns given GPs comments about how he hasn't been this deep with quality talent at LB in 3-4 years. For some reason, if GP likes his LBs I'm going to be happy with them too. Call me crazy.
GP also made the outrageous claim that Mallett played at 205 for the Peach Bowl team so I think he's trying to convince someone that everything is fine but I'm not buying it. Im glad GP is happy with his depth, but it's the exact same guys we had last year except for a safety that has never played a game there is replacing the main run stuffer and most experienced Lb.

Moose Stuff

If you took from that post that I think only 3 guys on our defense are undersized then there is no reason to discuss further.

i can't count, my mistake. I thought you WAY overstated your original comment. That's it. If it's a concern to you then thats just fine. Essentially the same bunch of undersized guys finished 2nd in the conference in defense last year and played significantly better in the second half of the season, so I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. The offense was a much bigger issue.

jack the frog

We don't carry 24 scholarship WRs. Not even close. And that's really all that matters, how many are on scholarship. In fact, with all of the WRs graduating after this year, there was actually a need to restock the position.

That may be so but all these rosters show roughly the same thing. Kids associated with the team all-in, and they all roughly show 120-123 kids each, with TCU having an average deficit of 4 players that are labeled DL/NT/LB versus each of those teams. I did not crunch any numbers but it is pretty consistent. If our WR surplus versus other teams happens to just be at the non-scholarship level (I doubt it) and other teams surplus non-scholarship players are for other positions that might also be telling in regards to priorities. Something to consider anyway.

Wexahu

That may be so but all these rosters show roughly the same thing. Kids associated with the team all-in, and they all roughly show 120-123 kids each, with TCU having an average deficit of 4 players that are labeled DL/NT/LB versus each of those teams. I did not crunch any numbers but it is pretty consistent. If our WR surplus versus other teams happens to just be at the non-scholarship level (I doubt it) and other teams surplus non-scholarship players are for other positions that might also be telling in regards to priorities. Something to consider anyway.

I count 15 WRs on scholarship, maybe 16 if Walsh earned one. That's not an unusually high number for a team that basically has 4 on the field at all times. In fact, it's probably not even 3 deep at every position when factoring in redshirts.

As long as we are running the Air Raid or something similar, we're always going to carry more than teams that don't. As for not having as many walk on DLineman or linebackers to pad those numbers on the roster, almost nobody has any of those that can actually contribute in a game, so it's pretty irrelevant.

Waccy Frog

Can't wait for the season. I genuinely feel sorry for the negative people on this board. It must be sad not to be able to look forward to a season like this. You are your own worst beating.

PO Frog

Can't wait for the season. I genuinely feel sorry for the negative people on this board. It must be sad not to be able to look forward to a season like this. You are your own worst beating.
Thank you so much for your sympathy. I admire your courage in being able to look forward to the season, unlike many others on the board. Thanks for your in depth discussion on what a perfect and flawless defense we appear to have.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Thank you so much for your sympathy. I admire your courage in being able to look forward to the season, unlike many others on the board. Thanks for your in depth discussion on what a perfect and flawless defense we appear to have.
You think the defense will be bad. You can't prove that. Others think it will be good. Which also can't be proven.

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider giving the coaching staff, which has considerably more experience in these matters, the benefit of the doubt. If at the end of the season you were right, rub it in everyone's face then.

But this "I know better than anyone" approach is ridiculous.