• The KillerFrogs

Practice updates......

CountryFrog

Not saying it's impossible or its bad news. I said I didn't like it. In a perfect world they would all be studs and the older guys would get the PT. I just prefer a perfect world. Also, just playing the odds. The Devonte Fields' and Miles Garrett's of the world are rare. It's much more likely that if a Freshman is looking at significant PT over many upper classmen that it's because of an underachieving older player (s).
At DL, I don't think there's a huge advantage to upperclassmen being your starters, especially with people rotating in and out. It's not a huge thinking man's position, so as long as you're strong enough as a young player then you can get the job done. You just want the best players out there.

There are still 3 weeks left until the season starts, anyway, so lots of changes are sure to come. You may still get your prefect world scenario.

Moose Stuff

Not saying it's impossible or its bad news. I said I didn't like it. In a perfect world they would all be studs and the older guys would get the PT. I just prefer a perfect world. Also, just playing the odds. The Devonte Fields' and Miles Garrett's of the world are rare. It's much more likely that if a Freshman is looking at significant PT over many upper classmen that it's because of an underachieving older player (s).

Well the guys he's supposedly in front of are two real mediocre upperclassmen and a guy who redshirted last year. So again, I'm gonna interpret it as an upgrade until proven otherwise.

'IF'.....we are fortunate enough to make it to our (Sept 30th) 'off date' undefeated....this could become

a very memorable season. Defeating teams like Arkansas and Kansas State, on the road, would provide

an answer to many lingering concerns and solidify this team's resolve.

MAcFroggy

Hope to see a lot of rotation at DT this year, no reason not to. Seem pretty deep at the position.

Yeah, DT is probably the position that being considered the "starter" means the least. All teams rotate in DTs so frequently that as long as a player is on the two deep, they will play a lot.

Gunner

We are so thin on defense right now, it is flat out scary. We are deep, tho, like you stated at DT and that after playing too small DT's last year. I bet they move Colllins to DE after Chambers jumped, affecting that position some.

Can you imagine if a couple of those hybrid safety linebackers get hurt? Get rid of bad thoughts. We also are a little deeper at safety now, thank goodness.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
We are so thin on defense right now, it is flat out scary. We are deep, tho, like you stated at DT and that after playing too small DT's last year. I bet they move Colllins to DE after Chambers jumped, affecting that position some.

Can you imagine if a couple of those hybrid safety linebackers get hurt? Get rid of bad thoughts. We also are a little deeper at safety now, thank goodness.
giphy.gif