• The KillerFrogs

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

Shaka Smart and Marquette University— Smart was 33 when he took the VCU Rams to the Final Four in Houston, 2011. I attended that one. Butler, Kentucky and winner UConn also attended. Two articles here in the Madison, WI paper on Smart from that time. He grew up in Madison.

I became a fan of Smart and am also a fan of Marquette. Marquette is one of many small Jesuit university’s, as are Gonzaga and Creighton.

Last edited:

LVH

Shaka Smart and Marquette University— Smart was 33 when he took the VCU Rams to the Final Four in Houston, 2011. I attended that one. Butler, Kentucky and winner UConn also attended. Two articles here in the Madison, WI paper on Shaka from that time. He grew up in Madison. I became of fan of Smart and am also a fan of Marquette. Marquette is one of many small Jesuit university’s, as are Gonzaga and Creighton.

He has been such a bad tourney coach since that run though

Eight

Shaka Smart and Marquette University— Smart was 33 when he took the VCU Rams to the Final Four in Houston, 2011. I attended that one. Butler, Kentucky and winner UConn also attended. Two articles here in the Madison, WI paper on Smart from that time. He grew up in Madison. I became of fan of Smart and am also a fan of Marquette. Marquette is one of many small Jesuit university’s, as are Gonzaga and Creighton.

my tournament '23 dream scenario is marquette beats texas in the title game

the meltdown in austin could power the state for a couple of years

He has been such a bad tourney coach since that run though
I picked Marquette, Alabama, Texas and TCU to the Final Four in my bracket. Don’t like saying it, but I picked the Longhorns to beat our Frogs in the semi and then beat Alabama for a Texas Longhorn championship.

I’ve never knowingly let my heart get in the way of my bracket picks but this year I did let a bit of purple bleed into our Froghorn’s advancing that far. The team and each player need to up their game and I think they can. Miles is healthy, practicing and playing well in all facets and ready according to Dixon.

It is a concern not having the healthy big body of Lampkin on the interior defense, for rebounds and rolling to the hoop. He brought good basketball instincts that tallied on the box score, scoreboard and team momentum.

@JogginFrog I intended to post my bracket on JogginFrog‘s KF ESPN group, but I procrastinated and ran out of time. I got hung up trying to access a college friend’s group on Yahoo to post it there first— took maybe 40 minutes trying to access my AT&T account, sheesh. Never could, so used my Google account instead, and then was 5 minutes too long to enter it on Joggin’s.

Last edited:

LVH

It's been a while since I've seen a team get absolutely screwed by the refs like Kennesaw State did in the final 8 minutes of that game

The no call on the offensive rebound at the end was a travesty, especially because Kennesaw State's player got fouled out of the game on something far less

Eight

It's been a while since I've seen a team get absolutely screwed by the refs like Kennesaw State did in the final 8 minutes of that game

The no call on the offensive rebound at the end was a travesty, especially because Kennesaw State's player got fouled out of the game on something far less

according to some on this site, that is every tcu game

LVH

Iowa State..... lol

They hit so many shots in their win against us in FW including the game winner, guess they aren't falling today

LVH

the pitt vs isu game might be the worst college game in shot clock era history

8 minutes to go and pitt leads 40 - 30

how is this even possible?
Iowa State was such a poor offensive team this year, they were all about defense and doing just enough on offense. They were due for a game like this, plus they played pretty bad down the stretch until they beat Baylor twice in a row (1-7 over an 8 game stretch with the only win being over us without Miles).

Their win over us in Fort Worth was the most frustrating game for us all year because I thought we defended them well yet they hit all these contested shots and circus shots including the 25 foot game winner off of 2 fluke offensive rebounds(one of which the refs gifted to Iowa State)

Eight

Iowa State was such a poor offensive team this year, they were all about defense and doing just enough on offense. They were due for a game like this, plus they played pretty bad down the stretch until they beat Baylor twice in a row (1-7 over an 8 game stretch with the only win being over us without Miles).

Their win over us in Fort Worth was the most frustrating game for us all year because I thought we defended them well yet they hit all these contested shots and circus shots including the 25 foot game winner off of 2 fluke offensive rebounds(one of which the refs gifted to Iowa State)

being a poor offensive team is one thing, but consider that pitt is shooting 35% from the floor, less than 30% from 3, has roughly double the turnovers as isu and are winning by 20+

this game is 7th grade girls basketball bad

LVH

16 seeds are unbeaten all time when playing on the same night as a 6 seeded TCU facing the winner of an 11 seed play in game featuring Arizona St

LisaLT

What a game! FDU playin inspired basketball. The smallest team (according to announcers) beats the number one seed.

Anything can happen.

I hope we bring our A game tonight. Make that A+++.