• The KillerFrogs

Post game interview: Cumbie called out

Deep Purple

Patterson said, "Obviously we see what we have to do within the creativity part of it, to be able to keep up with the people that score the amount of points that they score in this league. So I hope they keep doing it."

And from that one typically vague statement in Gary-speak, you say he "called Cumbie out"?

Wow. You're pretty creative yourself. You should perhaps join the news staff at CNN. They love that kind of talent.

I'm not happy with Cumbie's play-calling either. But I still know the difference between simply conceding the obvious and "calling someone out."

Last edited:

BleedNPurple

I think Cumbie deserves all kinds of credit for managing these last two games all things considered.

I think Muehlstein should have been SR’s back up. He moves the team - something that wasn’t happening. Perhaps the offense has been more simplified so it works. We were pass happy and giving up on the run with SR and Collins and the offense bogged down more than it scored. The Sr. Leadership cannot be understated. Hope Mule has a Bram close to his career and wins the bowl game!

The main thing that has emerged though is our defense. Baylor and OK Lite may have been our best 2 defensive efforts of the season.

froginmn

Creative reading.

One of the things that isn't recognized as a negative this season is plain confidence. This team looked really good in the tOSU game and obviously turnovers took a toll. If not for that, we would have beaten a team now in the mix for the playoffs.

We went progressively downhill and players stopped believing in themselves.

In the last two games they've gotten back their swagger, and despite devastating injury toll they look good again.

Confidence and energy work wonders on the football field.

flyfishingfrog

The biggest question I have remaining is about Cumbie’s evaluation of a our QBs

I am sure SR has a high ceiling but given what we saw from all 3 QBs in game situations- I don’t see how anyone would have clearly thought he was the most capable of leading our team

And how has Mule literally sat on the bench for 5 years given some of the disastrous QB situations we have had while he has been on campus?

BleedNPurple

Creative reading.

One of the things that isn't recognized as a negative this season is plain confidence. This team looked really good in the tOSU game and obviously turnovers took a toll. If not for that, we would have beaten a team now in the mix for the playoffs.

We went progressively downhill and players stopped believing in themselves.

In the last two games they've gotten back their swagger, and despite devastating injury toll they look good again.

Confidence and energy work wonders on the football field.

That and not making turnovers and instead - our defense has created turnovers the past two games and capitalized.

FrogLifeYo

Mule has been given the keys to an offense that neither SR or MC had the luxury to run. If Ive said it once I’ve said it 100x...Cumbie fell in love with SR and MCs arms and forgot that that they had no real college experience. He gave them a playbook that relied to much on their ability to read defenses instead of placing the game on the shoulders of one our strongest most experienced position groups..RB..

What we’ve seen over the last few weeks is what the offense should have looked like all along. Play down hill ball control and hit big plays when they are available. I watched last nights game thinking it would have been completely different season had we asked SR to run that offense

Wexahu

GM has done what he had to do these last two games, but I think it's worth mentioning that it's been against maybe the two worst defenses in the conference. I think people who are saying he should have been playing ahead of SR or MC aren't taking that very important fact into consideration. I see a QB that is very limited, the coaching staff knows it so they gameplan around it, and it's worked so far because the defense has played well.

netty2424

Using Reagor the way Cumbie did tonight helped the offense tremendously, Mule specifically.

Not taking away from Mule’s performance, just saying Cumbie did a great job mixing up the offense(despite some questionable red zone calls).

And OSU didn’t help themselves first half. They couldn’t get out of their own way.

Moose Stuff

The biggest question I have remaining is about Cumbie’s evaluation of a our QBs

I am sure SR has a high ceiling but given what we saw from all 3 QBs in game situations- I don’t see how anyone would have clearly thought he was the most capable of leading our team

And how has Mule literally sat on the bench for 5 years given some of the disastrous QB situations we have had while he has been on campus?

Disastrous?

Moose Stuff

GM has done what he had to do these last two games, but I think it's worth mentioning that it's been against maybe the two worst defenses in the conference. I think people who are saying he should have been playing ahead of SR or MC aren't taking that very important fact into consideration. I see a QB that is very limited, the coaching staff knows it so they gameplan around it, and it's worked so far because the defense has played well.

I’m gonna try to type this in every thread today...... the one thing I’m certain of is that no matter what decision we made at QB someone would have complained about it.

LeagueCityFrog

This is easy... Hire Kingsbury now that he's available. Gary's defense with Kingbury's offense and we rattle off national championships. Great for recruiting too. Do it Gary!